Bitcoin falls 80%

old'un

there was a story here in norfolk a few years ago when bit coin was a new "thing".....some bloke had bought a couple of hundred of them when they were worth pennies....and they were on his computor for a while...his computor needing up dating ..so he took the drive out of it and that went to the tip .........anyway...he found out that bit coin had increased in value...and his holding was worth a lot of dosh ...and that was 7 or 8 years ago...and he tried to get the council to dig the tip up so he could find the bits to his computor..:lol:

i bet he is pig sick now considering what the value of his bitcoins would have been a few months ago..:lol:

2 hours ago, ditchman said:

there was a story here in norfolk a few years ago when bit coin was a new "thing".....some bloke had bought a couple of hundred of them when they were worth pennies....and they were on his computor for a while...his computor needing up dating ..so he took the drive out of it and that went to the tip .........anyway...he found out that bit coin had increased in value...and his holding was worth a lot of dosh ...and that was 7 or 8 years ago...and he tried to get the council to dig the tip up so he could find the bits to his computor..:lol:

i bet he is pig sick now considering what the value of his bitcoins would have been a few months ago..:lol:

Many lads on another forum I use we’re on about them a good 3-4 years ago. 

I went to buy £1000 worth but they were such a pain to try and buy never bothered. 

6 hours ago, old'un said:

Looks like the bubble as burst with Bitcoin, anyone holding any?....https://news.sky.com/story/behind-the-collapse-the-real-cost-of-bitcoins-fall-from-grace-11585936

It's burst plenty of times in the past. It'll be back no doubt and no I don't hold any! Crypto currency is here to stay. I work for a company that has been using one crypto to make international transfers and it's like letter mail is to email. I think most of these crypto coins will fail but a few will survive and make some lucky people very rich.

9 hours ago, walshie said:

Wasn't one of the members on here right into it? Probably had to sell his laptop to buy lunch, so we'll never know. 

Was that me Walshie?

Fortunately I still got me laptop 😁

Like I said all along no one can predict the future, I bought into bitcoin, ethereum, xrp etc in its very early price and I sold what bitcoin I had at its mid peak along with many other  cryptocurrencies which I traded up and down and done very well out of my initial investments.

I still hold a good stack of a few select coins which I believe may give me the best returns in the future.

I do not mine any coins now as I stopped over 12 months ago as returns cost prohibitive.

I have not bought my estate in the Highlands yet but when I do you  can come up and stay 😂

atb

7diaw

9 hours ago, ditchman said:

I recall it well, that chap lost approx 75 million pounds in bitcoin. Zikes!

If I recall correctly my boy mined 4 bitcoin on a computer when it was in its  inception,   they sat on this old computer and were worth  a few pounds,  he stored them on a wallet in his computer. The computer died and he got rid of it when they were worth very little. He lost the the cryptographic private key which he had written down somewhere and it has never been found. At the height of it boom they were worth £60,000 

My son does not give it a second thought as it was never turned into physical money and it initially cost him nothing to mine them.

My £50 investment in XRP is currently worth £67. It did peak at about £800 a few months ago but sadly I didn't sell. My understanding of bitcoin is that there are crypto currencies out there built on better foundations with quicker transaction times. It's still the best known but I predict it will become less relevant as other ones show their true utility

27 minutes ago, Wasabi said:

Yup!

I had a colleague here - he's gone now - who bought $20 ,000 worth of XRP when they were first floated. He was up well north £500,000 when he left here, but I'm not sure if he actually sold out eventually or not. He said he was going to wait for £1 million   - a figure he would have comfortably reached when XRP was at it's peak so he's probably done OK. But there again, he was a true believer, so  quite possibly he's still holding them.

11 hours ago, 7daysinaweek said:

Was that me Walshie?

Fortunately I still got me laptop 😁

Like I said all along no one can predict the future, I bought into bitcoin, ethereum, xrp etc in its very early price and I sold what bitcoin I had at its mid peak along with many other  cryptocurrencies which I traded up and down and done very well out of my initial investments.

I still hold a good stack of a few select coins which I believe may give me the best returns in the future.

I do not mine any coins now as I stopped over 12 months ago as returns cost prohibitive.

I have not bought my estate in the Highlands yet but when I do you  can come up and stay 😂

atb

7diaw

I honestly don't recall who it was. It wasn't intended as a snipe.

Glad you didn't get burnt and I'll dust off my breeks ready for my trip to the Highlands. :good:

Merry Christmas! :santa:

1 minute ago, walshie said:

I honestly don't recall who it was. It wasn't intended as a snipe.

Glad you didn't get burnt and I'll dust off my breeks ready for my trip to the Highlands. :good:

Merry Christmas! 

No offence taken  at all Walshie

You are more than welcome, I will send the Butler with the Limo to collect you 😅

atb and a have a great Christmas and new year

7diaw

On 22/12/2018 at 18:13, Wasabi said:

It's burst plenty of times in the past. It'll be back no doubt and no I don't hold any! Crypto currency is here to stay. I work for a company that has been using one crypto to make international transfers and it's like letter mail is to email. I think most of these crypto coins will fail but a few will survive and make some lucky people very rich.

oooooo very exciting

Using X current or X Rapid, or maybe you cant say?

9 minutes ago, oowee said:

Brave to sell in a rising market. Always amazes me with investment when everyone is a winner selling at the top. Wish i was so skillful.

I would have had some but struggling to get a handle on what and why. Lucky break this time. 

No skill at all just luck, I was happy with the amount it had increased and sold it at a profit. If I had skill I would have bought earlier made more and been having a Christmas holiday in the sun.