Brexit - merged threads

scouser

3 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

Have you considered that it might well actually be more of a dig at Labour than at Boris!?

Not really ,I have to admit to not reading the article, just the headline !

4 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

I'm sure you are also aware that it's being misreported since it's an early day motion and as such only a topic of debate.

No doubt the first of many various stunts from both sides.

Same thing really, what for ? Just silly games because they have nothing constructive to say or do.

4 minutes ago, oowee said:

Cant see the reds getting a look in. Not with Corbyn and Mackey D. They need a new leader and to reclaim the centre ground. 

Thats not happening anytime soon, maybe a couple of years they can claw some credibility back.

4 minutes ago, oowee said:

The Tories can put leave in their manifesto. Be interesting to see how they describe it. Looks like the Kipper will go for a GE by his own volition. 

Why ? He doesnt need to.
After Brexit dust has settled next year maybe ?

Like I said, just run the clock down, the house cant remove no deal just like that, they voted for that to be the default position did they not ?
They will end up with less credibility than the precious little they have now if they keep trying to block it.

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Rewulf said:

Same thing really, what for ? Just silly games because they have nothing constructive to say or do.

Possibly, yes, it could also be an attempt by the Lib Dems to pull more votes away from Labour.

Like I said earlier, Boris needs to be given time, if it turns out that he is yanking our chain then there will be no shortage of people ready to tighten the rope that is being fed to him.

2 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

Possibly, yes, it could also be an attempt by the Lib Dems to pull more votes away from Labour.

True , but I think some people are massively overestimating the lib dems, its just a protest vote that will disappear when it come to the real vote.

3 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

Like I said earlier, Boris needs to be given time, if it turns out that he is yanking our chain then there will be no shortage of people ready to tighten the rope that is being fed to him.

Noted , and I respect the fact you have stated it :good:

I feel more confident we are back on a steady course than I have for some time now , and not just about Brexit.

1 hour ago, martyn2233 said:

Lib Dems table no confidence motion in new Prime Minister Boris Johnson

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/breaking-lib-dems-table-no-18773518

Watched the new Lib Dem leader Jo Swinson being interviewed, she was ranting on like a school girl about how bad its going to-be now we have Boris as PM, she reminded me of someone you would see and hear at a climate change or  Extinction Rebellion rally.

46 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

<snip>

Like I said, just run the clock down, the house cant remove no deal just like that, they voted for that to be the default position did they not ?
They will end up with less credibility than the precious little they have now if they keep trying to block it.

Can the house force the government to apply for a further extension? Just keep us in limbo until we’re really sick of it.

18 minutes ago, SpringDon said:

Can the house force the government to apply for a further extension? Just keep us in limbo until we’re really sick of it.

Id like to say no they cant, but technically if the house is in agreement , they could keep asking for extensions till the end of time !

That doesnt mean they will get them, remember, all it takes is one EU country to veto the extension (YEAH RIGHT !) :whistling:
In reality , the longer the EU keeps us in , the longer it has to stop us leaving.

The house though has a limited time before the electorate gets sick of the fudging.
It comes back to that question of credibility again, how can they be trusted to govern, when they cant come to an agreement of how to implement a majority decision?
A lot of remainers keep banging on about 'How do we know its still a majority ?' but like Ive said , if they thought they could re run it and win (this time) they would have already tried.
They know they cant 'win' without fixing the vote.

Boris after one day..on track and looking promising.
The naysayers and haters ..fairly quiet today. :good:

4 hours ago, old'un said:

Watched the new Lib Dem leader Jo Swinson being interviewed, she was ranting on like a school girl about how bad its going to-be now we have Boris as PM, she reminded me of someone you would see and hear at a climate change or  Extinction Rebellion rally.

I thought that! She is so 'Student Union' . She is going to be struggling to be taken seriously.

michelle barnier is now describing us/boris as "combative"................

the man is a slime ball

oh EDIT.....................the biggest worry the EU Parliament has as to our contributions...is that if we exit without a deal...they will loose our contributions to their past and present pensions...........HAH   welcome to the real world

"i care not for your predicament , Jack....i am surficently provided for"............

in effect thats what they care about...not their other member states....and thats how it has always been

Edited by ditchman

Take no deal to the wire, EU wont give ground, parliament blocks no deal then GE. Sounds like a plan. 

Take no deal to the wire, EU wont give ground, Boris Prorogues Parliament, 31st it is, if a GL is called after that Hung Parliament.... Sounds like a plan...:good:

4 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

I think that’s unfair, as suggested earlier, we need to give Boris a chance 🤣

you are quite right ...we shall................a little bit of optimissim from the EU would also go a long way........

Caroline Lucas today joins Jo Swinson in saying she would not accept the result of a Second Referendum. The Green MP confirmed that she would vote down any Brexit deal in Parliament.

“If there were to be a referendum and Leave were to win it again, either more decisively or not, in the Commons would you then back a Brexit deal to leave?”

“Um, no I probably wouldn’t.”

She then went on to claim that “a majority probably would.” Guido doesn’t believe her.

GERMAN-MANUFACTURING-copy.png?resize=540%2C312&ssl=1

Germany’s manufacturing woes just get worse and worse, German executives are describing their sector as in “free fall” while one German analyst has said the economy is “in a grey area between a marked growth slowdown and a recession”. The latest German manufacturing PMI index has slumped again to 43.1, significantly lower than expectations and its worst level since 2012. It has been in contraction territory all year…

Luckily for Germany, there’s a large and dynamic world economy just on its doorstep which it will soon have the opportunity to sign a comprehensive free trade deal with. That’ll be a nice confidence boost for the struggling German economy…

Source: Guido Fawkes

Boris didn’t just see off Corbyn’s turgid pre-scripted lines with ease, he thoroughly wiped the floor with him. Ranks up there with Gove’s demolition as the worst beating Corbyn’s ever taken in Parliament, with the added finesse of Invasion of the Body Snatchers. Labour MPs will not enjoy watching this at PMQs every week…SOURCE: GUIDO FAWKES

13 minutes ago, pinfireman said:

Caroline Lucas today joins Jo Swinson in saying she would not accept the result of a Second Referendum. The Green MP confirmed that she would vote down any Brexit deal in Parliament.

“If there were to be a referendum and Leave were to win it again, either more decisively or not, in the Commons would you then back a Brexit deal to leave?”

“Um, no I probably wouldn’t.”

She then went on to claim that “a majority probably would.” Guido doesn’t believe her.

GERMAN-MANUFACTURING-copy.png?resize=540%2C312&ssl=1

Germany’s manufacturing woes just get worse and worse, German executives are describing their sector as in “free fall” while one German analyst has said the economy is “in a grey area between a marked growth slowdown and a recession”. The latest German manufacturing PMI index has slumped again to 43.1, significantly lower than expectations and its worst level since 2012. It has been in contraction territory all year…

Luckily for Germany, there’s a large and dynamic world economy just on its doorstep which it will soon have the opportunity to sign a comprehensive free trade deal with. That’ll be a nice confidence boost for the struggling German economy…

Source: Guido Fawkes

Boris didn’t just see off Corbyn’s turgid pre-scripted lines with ease, he thoroughly wiped the floor with him. Ranks up there with Gove’s demolition as the worst beating Corbyn’s ever taken in Parliament, with the added finesse of Invasion of the Body Snatchers. Labour MPs will not enjoy watching this at PMQs every week…SOURCE: GUIDO FAWKES

It's quite embarrassing to see the speaker playing to the cameras instead of just doing what he's there for....

7 minutes ago, stumfelter said:

It's quite embarrassing to see the speaker playing to the cameras instead of just doing what he's there for....

Boris is good in the limelight - always has been.  I don't much like Boris, but he does that well - as does Gove, as does Geoffrey Cox, who I note is one of the few survivors.

Corbyn is a puppet anyway, his scrip being written before hand by Len McLusky, Jon Lansman, Pete Willsman,  Suamas Milne, and the other 'behind the scenes' hard left string pullers.

6 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

The sight of Bercow hamming it up - trying to seem even handed - was quite sickening.

Bercow is just that - sickening.

17 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

Bercow is just that - sickening.

He is great entertainment though, as much as i dislike his character and his rather selective approach to 'principle' and 'convention', he makes me laugh out loud regularly.

10 hours ago, Raja Clavata said:

I think Boris's intention is to give the likes of Barnier's chain a F-F- Flipping good yank. Too long Barnier and co have got away with disgracefully bullying Theresa May who, with the best will in the world, was far too soft and far too transparent. 

Now they are up against somebody with bigger and more shiny boots who will be not only be happy but delighted to call them out. He needs to.

Boris's strategy now requires conflict, he needs to be seen to be at war with them, taking the blows but getting back up and fighting the dragons. That's how he will gather support behind him.

Barnier and the rest of the EU realise the British love a battle, even more, they love a war. If that doesn't frighten them it should. The EU is basically a bully who imposes its will upon the weak. Lets see how they like it when the tables are turned and they realise we won't be bullied. And they can go whistle 

Edited by Vince Green