Coronavirus (Covid-19) Is this it?

Doc Holliday

16 hours ago, KB1 said:

So, what's your point?

Go figure.

15 hours ago, old'un said:

I cannot say I have noticed “old people” constantly being disrespectful / ignorant / toxic towards younger posters on this forum but I will stand corrected if you can point me in the direction of such posts.

Again, I wasn't referring to direct posts to younger posters on this forum but the general attitude older folk have to the younger generations, which certainly isn't a new thing, and amply illustrated in a number of the off-topic threads and posts on this forum (and others).

15 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

I can only presume he is guessing at posters ages.

No need to guess in a number of cases 😛 

14 hours ago, SpringDon said:

Wow, 96, well done. ( must admit,  it explains a lot of the posts)

I'm sure the irony of the content of your post and demonstrable lack of grasping of even the most elementary math is not wasted on most of us...

14 hours ago, Retsdon said:

That's probably more to do with the Saudis declaring an oil price war on Russia than anything else.

I also had a birthday a couple of weeks ago. Exactly twice your age though!

There's no way you're 100 🙂 Belated congrats.

14 hours ago, screamingdead said:

Happy 50th, I'm 110101 this year....

Thanks. So we're the same ballpark. Clearly we are also both 1 of the 10 types of people who understand binary 😉 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, TRINITY said:

All eu citizens will do if they need to get to or from USA is to go via UK or Ireland. This could have a negative effect by bring more virus cases through the uk

Do you know this?

My expectation is that VISA's will not be granted … therefore this shortcut will not work.

24 minutes ago, GingerCat said:

It does prevent cargo from entering the US from the eu. That will effect trade. 

Donald Trump has been forced to clarify that his emergency coronavirus travel ban to Europe does not involve cargo and trade, amid widespread confusion and anxiety triggered by his comments.

Quote from https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-coronavirus-travel-ban-trade-restrictions-uk-europe-speech-a9396131.html

6 minutes ago, Smokersmith said:

Do you know this?

My expectation is that VISA's will not be granted … therefore this shortcut will not work.

Yes that's probably correct but I thought it was just direct travels of Friday night. There must be many eu citizens with Visa's in place to travel after that date.

2 hours ago, blackbird said:

It’s very important that we all try not to put any unnecessary pressure on the NHS, try & stay safe lads the hospital doctors have not got any time to try and remove a black & decker drill from somebody’s head, leave any DIY till later in the year. 

The wife didn't fall for that one😒drilling is still on the list👎

16 minutes ago, stumpy69 said:

Donald Trump has been forced to clarify that his emergency coronavirus travel ban to Europe does not involve cargo and trade, amid widespread confusion and anxiety triggered by his comments.

Quote from https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-coronavirus-travel-ban-trade-restrictions-uk-europe-speech-a9396131.html

That clears it up then, the BBC currently report this 

" Trump also said the suspension would also apply to cargo coming from Europe into the US. He later tweeted to say that trade would "in no way be affected"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-51846923

9 minutes ago, TRINITY said:

Just another thought, I know of cases in Nigeria but so far there has been very little news about the virus in Africa. Could it be out there but due to their poor level of general health services could it be well and truly embedded but as yet generally undetected.

I think that is almost certainly a 'yes' - Africa has very close relations with China, with a lot of Chinese working there - and whatever the present situation in China is (much be fully under control, might not be) it is very likely that between December and say end Feb, someone from China will have travelled to Africa carrying the virus.

19 minutes ago, TRINITY said:

Yes that's probably correct but I thought it was just direct travels of Friday night. There must be many eu citizens with Visa's in place to travel after that date.

I suspect that if your passport shows you to be a resident of some country on the 'no entry' list - you will not be allowed entry, visa or no visa.

Edited by JohnfromUK

22 minutes ago, TRINITY said:

Just another thought, I know of cases in Nigeria but so far there has been very little news about the virus in Africa. Could it be out there but due to their poor level of general health services could it be well and truly embedded but as yet generally undetected.

They are seriously concerned all over Africa. From the people I have spoken to recently in East (Kenya & Uganda) and West (Nigeria) they believe it's just a matter of time before it spreads beyond the middle / elite classes (who travel) and into the main population. Then who knows, I would imagine the same is true in India. 

I said to my mate if they do lock us down il be up the farm in the caravan with my trusty 12bore and a slab of fiocci and plenty pigeon to eat lol. He replied if we get locked down and the army are on the streets they will take our guns??? Has anyone hear anything like that or is he on a wind up.. If not I guess I'm going to have to buy some more cans of beans

3 hours ago, PhilR said:

What's PW's thoughts on this interview? 

The cases doubling in 3 or 4 days, seems about right on march 8th we had around 270 cases, yesterday it was 460 and now its 590. so by sunday could be around 800 and probably  1500. by this time next week.

Popped to Tesco for a few bits and bobs. The store was crammed with food of every time except pasta, rice and finally loo roll. With the exceptions of wholegrain pasta and brown rice of which there was loads. 

Why do people do It? Why not hord cornflakes or legs of lamb? Anything but the most boring food stuffs that have to go with something else. 

I'm the up side I got a load of heating oil cheap. 

I popped into London (the City) for a catch up with mates. First time I have been up here for a couple of months. Was surprised at how empty everything was. 

I have stockpiled 5 gallons of fence preservative as that’s what will be keeping me busy over the coming days. 

Whilst shopping in Stamford this morning I asked the woman at the checkout if they had seen anyone attempting to hoard.

She said they had stopped one chap trying to buy 11 X packs of 18 toilet rolls and let him take 3!:w00t:

And that another chap had 94 X 2 litre containers of milk and was allowed to take 8.:w00t:

I bulk purchased Bank's Bitter and Bitter Lemon, I have no shame!:D