Never right

Jacko3275

22 hours ago, Mr. Merkel said:

This is not right and is something that can affect most on this forum, I have written to the West Yorkshire Police and Crime Commissioner and voiced my disgust at the lack of assistance by the West Yorkshire Police.

I will do the same today. This treatment cannot be right. 

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but were laws not passed 2/3 years ago forbidding a) the disruption of a legal activity and b) the wearing of masks while doing so.

If I am right it would seem the police need only enforce the laws they (chief constables) like. 

Downward slope to an even bigger police state then we have now.

19 minutes ago, Sha Bu Le said:

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but were laws not passed 2/3 years ago forbidding a) the disruption of a legal activity and b) the wearing of masks while doing so.

If I am right it would seem the police need only enforce the laws they (chief constables) like. 

If you are correct in your recollections then we have without any doubt whatsoever, a serious abuse of power going on that needs to be challenged. The specific points you raise need to be taken up by our representative orgs and a hullabaloo raised accordingly.

26 minutes ago, steve s×s said:

Must not be detered by this, keep shooting let the antis play there games let the police make there false arrests  hopefully the penny will drop, 🚔 All Legal Quarry 

the do nothing stance is WHY this sort of thing continues my idiot MP has not even replied to my email this is a opportunity to show how police abuse our rights and the way they back these clowns up we should publicise this long and loud it’s our turn to cry victim 

2 hours ago, Sha Bu Le said:

I think it was longer than that but you're right.

A lot of video appeared of masked buffoons claiming to be from ALF confronting loan fishermen and threatening them.

You have the right I think to ask the Police to back you up in any legal activity and arrest or remove persons interfering with your activity.

Maybe the question should be asked to BASC legal for a definitive answer. @David BASC ?

Edited by Centrepin
Link

44 minutes ago, clangerman said:

the do nothing stance is WHY this sort of thing continues my idiot MP has not even replied to my email this is a opportunity to show how police abuse our rights and the way they back these clowns up we should publicise this long and loud it’s our turn to cry victim 

Did you specify a email reply.

My last MP had a thing about sending letters in the post (which sometimes took over a week to arrive). I had to specify in my email not to send a paper reply, but to reply by email, otherwise it would revert back to letters.

https://westleedsdispatch.com/mp-stuart-andrew-takes-rodley-geese-cull-concerns-to-secretary-of-state/

You can read the full text of the somewhat clueless MP's letter to the minister here.

However, going on that article, it seems shot birds are falling outside the boundary onto public land.  Obviously this is hard to mitigate against 100%, but it does seem like one of those permissions that a lot of other people would politely decline.

Is anyone on here actually a resident of the MP's constituency (Pudsey) and able to write a letter to him, shall we say, correcting him?  Particularly his assertion that these 'concerned residents' aren't all they're cracked up to be?  Also, it seems from the Fieldsports film that these animal rights types are committing aggravated trespass on the farmer's land.

Although the guy was acting perfectly legally (as far as we know) I personally would not have been happy with the location of the cull, looking on Google maps it’s a pretty built-up area and would imagine there to-be a fair amount of walkers/bird watchers, also time of day would be a big part of any cull (ideally first light)

The Police in this case were totally out of order arresting the guy and locking him up for five hours, although we don’t know if the police made any attempt to contact the land owner or if the shooter was carrying written permission.

Unfortunately I think we will see more of this and especially those who are forced to shoot near built-up areas.

The stick he got from the trolls should be investigated as some of the posts were of a threatening nature but I guess nothing will be done, sad times for all shooting and I agree our orgs should take the police to court over this.  

3 hours ago, Newbie to this said:

Did you specify a email reply.

My last MP had a thing about sending letters in the post (which sometimes took over a week to arrive). I had to specify in my email not to send a paper reply, but to reply by email, otherwise it would revert back to letters.

i’m sure the ding bat will reply in time but as it will be the usual i’m sorry it’s a shame rubbish it will be a waste of my time