Police Action

Danger-Mouse

2 minutes ago, JKD said:

I'm guessing it was a test for them what kicked the door in 😏

It's not a house,,,, looks like a police accommodation area ? Magnolia paint everywhere, fire escape signs etc....

Colourful language though 😯

Didn’t look like training to me, the police looked pretty sheepish, and didn’t remember to glove up til inside.

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, southeastpete said:

‘A disturbance’ 

I saw one the other day where a guy filmed parking wardens our ticketing people after they closed the nearby car parks, there was no parking on his road and they kept ticketing him outside his home so he filmed them, questioning if they were even key workers. They called the police, and he had 5 police knocking on his door, 5!

what an absolute waste of police time and money, I do question what is going on these days... I had to call the police when someone shot our house window 3 times with an air rifle, and no one ever even came out or did anything. They advised I make my own enquiries!

I saw the traffic warden one. Five coppers just because someone filmed him/her, ridiculous waste of taxpayer's money.

Interesting that the wardens are classed as key personnel. I guess the councils have to have their pound of flesh.

31 minutes ago, southeastpete said:

Didn’t look like training to me, the police looked pretty sheepish, and didn’t remember to glove up til inside.

How can you judge the police in this instance? There is no way to know what happened before or the reason for forcing entry. It could have been a multitude of different things happening in that house, even to vulnerable people like spouses or children. 

The police would have asked to be allowed in. If that had been refused and they had good reason to, they are entitled to force entry. Or would you rather they just walked away and potentially left someone in danger? Point is you and I and everyone else here don't know the full story.

But what I did see in the video was the police being polite and professional while trying to be reasonable under the circumstances. Try and speak to a copper like that in any other country and you would be leathered. 

Think of it another way, what if it was your wife or daughter being spoken to like that when they were acting in an honest held belief that they where acting within the law and for the best interests of the parties involved?

so I could apparently ring the police and say I heard a disturbance inter empty house of someone I don’t like, 4-5 cops will turn up and because there is no answer they’ll smash the door in?

Likely they would have to smash the door in. They would have to, if they had a report of a disturbance. The police don't know it's a malicious or fake call. 

Or in your world do the bad guys just pretend they're not in. The police chap the door and get no response then leave? Then the bad guy carries on raping their wife or beating their children?

I had to call the police when someone shot our house window 3 times with an air rifle, and no one ever even came out or did anything. They advised I make my own enquiries

I find that hard to believe. Firstly that the police didn't respond due to a firearm incident. And if they didn't, what action did you then take to complain? 

Secondly, that the police advised you to take matters into your own hands. 

Maybe next time someone smashes your windows, you should report a disturbance and not answer the door. Might get 4 or 5 coppers turning up then.

12 minutes ago, stuartyboy said:

Likely they would have to smash the door in. They would have to, if they had a report of a disturbance. The police don't know it's a malicious or fake call. 

Or in your world do the bad guys just pretend they're not in. The police chap the door and get no response then leave? Then the bad guy carries on raping their wife or beating their children?

I would expect them to take al reasonable steps, is there any signs of a disturbance that warrants a door being kicked in? Screams? If I was the cop I’d knock on other neighbours doors (it looked like an apartment building) and ask if they’d heard anything. Before taking action.

24 minutes ago, stuartyboy said:

How can you judge the police in this instance? There is no way to know what happened before or the reason for forcing entry. It could have been a multitude of different things happening in that house, even to vulnerable people like spouses or children. 

The police would have asked to be allowed in. If that had been refused and they had good reason to, they are entitled to force entry. Or would you rather they just walked away and potentially left someone in danger? Point is you and I and everyone else here don't know the full story.

But what I did see in the video was the police being polite and professional while trying to be reasonable under the circumstances. Try and speak to a copper like that in any other country and you would be leathered. 

Think of it another way, what if it was your wife or daughter being spoken to like that when they were acting in an honest held belief that they where acting within the law and for the best interests of the parties involved?

I didn’t see them being overly professional, where was the profuse apology when they realised they’d just smashed a guys door for a hoax call? Not many similar countries would you get beaten for speaking to cops like that if they’d just acted like they had.

if my wife or daughter showed me their actions on a video like that, I would still be questioning their actions.

12 minutes ago, stuartyboy said:

I find that hard to believe. Firstly that the police didn't respond due to a firearm incident. And if they didn't, what action did you then take to complain? 

Secondly, that the police advised you to take matters into your own hands. 

Maybe next time someone smashes your windows, you should report a disturbance and not answer the door. Might get 4 or 5 coppers turning up then.

Why would I lie..? That’s exactly what happened, except they didn’t advise me to take matters into my own hands, but to make my own enquiries.

i was a particularly amazed as we had two pcso’s knock on our door a little while after, great I thought, here to investigate... nope, they were there because my stepson had had his pushbike nicked and they were telling us there were no leads and they were stopping investigating!!!

at the time we were selling the house and moving and I suspected our neighbour who’d done some other stuff. I was more interested in getting g out of there, couldn’t prove anything, and if I started something official between me and the neighbour, then there are rules about disclosing stuff when you sell, and I didn’t want to risk our house sale over a £150 window....

20 minutes ago, southeastpete said:

would expect them to take al reasonable steps, is there any signs of a disturbance that warrants a door being kicked in? Screams? If I was the cop I’d knock on other neighbours doors (it looked like an apartment building) and ask if they’d heard anything. Before taking action.

How do you know they didn't take every reasonable step and was advised to force entry from by a senior officer in this particular case? But yes, they would have to take all precautions before forcing entry.

didn’t see them being overly professional, where was the profuse apology when they realised they’d just smashed a guys door for a hoax call? Not many similar countries would you get beaten for speaking to cops like that if they’d just acted like they had.

if my wife or daughter showed me their actions on a video like that, I would still be questioning their actions

If you think that guy was justified in behaving that way towards coppers, especially a female, and especially when you don't know the background of the alleged offence, that says a lot. 

Police don't kick in doors for no reason. If you're getting your door kicked in, you're a Ned. Usually partaking in illegal acts such as dealing or battering people in your house. Ive never ever known or heard of anyone getting their door forced who didn't deserve it. It may happen, but if it does, it happens very rarely and usually by a screw up such as wrong address. 

Try speaking to a copper in China, Iran, America etc

like that and you would soon regret it. Even in European countries they are far less tolerant, and that's speaking from personal experience.

Why would I lie..? That’s exactly what happened, except they didn’t advise me to take matters into my own hands, but to make my own enquiries.

I never said you lied but I stand by the fact that I find it hard to believe that the police never responded to a firearm incident but would did come out for a stolen push bike.

And did you complain about the lack of response regarding your shot out windows?

Edited by stuartyboy

5 hours ago, stuartyboy said:

How do you know they didn't take every reasonable step and was advised to force entry from by a senior officer in this particular case? But yes, they would have to take all precautions before forcing entry.

If you think that guy was justified in behaving that way towards coppers, especially a female, and especially when you don't know the background of the alleged offence, that says a lot. 

Police don't kick in doors for no reason. If you're getting your door kicked in, you're a Ned. Usually partaking in illegal acts such as dealing or battering people in your house. Ive never ever known or heard of anyone getting their door forced who didn't deserve it. It may happen, but if it does, it happens very rarely and usually by a screw up such as wrong address. 

Try speaking to a copper in China, Iran, America etc

like that and you would soon regret it. Even in European countries they are far less tolerant, and that's speaking from personal experience.

I never said you lied but I stand by the fact that I find it hard to believe that the police never responded to a firearm incident but would did come out for a stolen push bike.

And did you complain about the lack of response regarding your shot out windows?

Well, they forced entry and very quickly found out they were wrong. Didn’t even apologise. 

There was such an urgent reason that the door needed to be kicked in that they then entered, chatted calmly to the bloke for a bit, peeked in the kitchen and left..? Surely if it’s so high risk that they kicked the door in they would have rushed in, detained him, and had a better look about. If there was a real disturbance and let’s say he’d beaten a spouse for instance, and choked her to death or unconsciousness and hid her behind the bed, they would have left still unaware. 

You have too much faith in the police if you think they don’t get stuff like this wrong regularly. Are you aware of lost door kicking incidents, and whether it’s for good reason or not? No, you probably only hear about 0.01% of all doors kicked in.

i have seen countless videos of cops in America being spoken to like that, having to eat humble pie and walk away. I’ve also seen a few from China, but I can’t understand what they are saying although tone of voice and body language says a lot.

they didn’t respond, ever. And no I didn’t complain or anything like I said. I didn’t see it happen, I saw it the next day the 3 little impact marks. No one ever even came out to look. We replaced it and moved house. If the police had come out and found out it was the neighbour, then we have had to notify and purchasers of the property, potentially affecting our house sale. So we just left it and got out of there.

Ok if you think the guy was acting in a reasonable manner, fair play. I think he was a scumbag and none of that needed to happen if he had just opened the door and spoke to the police. All I seen were the police acting professional and reasonable under the circumstances. 

If you think calling a female officer a ****, amongst other things and threatening her is acceptable I can't be bothered wasting my time trying to reason with you and your prejudices.

Hopefully you get on better with your new neighbours and the folk who bought your old house aren't experiencing too much grief from your old neighbour.

10 hours ago, southeastpete said:

If you don’t know the story, how can you say he acted like a knob? If it was as i described above, I think he was reasonably restrained. I would of course open my door as I hold a sgc. But if I didn’t I may well say no. If they then smashed my door in I’d be fuming. 

If they’d spent 5 minutes talking through the door, and potentially they’d heard screams themselves or something, then yes they’d have reason, and maybe he acted like a knob. But until there is evidence otherwise, they left pretty sheepish with barely a look around. So I’d say evidence supports them acting a bit rashly, and perhaps the knobs in this situation

So perhaps it goes like this. 

Police receive call regarding a disturbance and screams being heard. Upon attending they knock on the door and are told to **** off. Without knowing whether anybody is in danger or not they force entry and are faced with a torrent of abuse.  They have a look around and and as there is no point in discussing with somebody who is proving to be extremely abusive decide to deescalate the situation and leave. 

it could have been very different had the resident behaved in a more civilised manner. 

Edited by AVB

He had the music turned up, dancing on his own with a couple of bottles of White Star cider inside him. The neighbour called the police thinking he was having a party. The police came round and knocked on the door and he didn't hear them over the bass - so they kicked the door in expecting to find a full on rammie underway, in contravention of the social distancing rules. Instead there's an upset bloke on his own giving them a hard time about his broken door. Life in the Time of Corona....

I have had a front door put in once by the police, and nearly put in once. 

Both, to be honest were pretty hilarious. 

The 'nearly' one was 4:30ish in the morning in a first floor flat. Woke up to a HUGE hammering on the door and shouts of police. Made it to the door just in time to see the ram being swung back. On opening the door I was greated by a muffled "aw...****...this isn't 17a is it", "nah mate, next block along". Then got to watch about 6-8 officers all geared up and lined up on the very narrow stairs try to shuffle back down it as quietly as possible.... Absolute comedy. 

The one where it did get done was when I lived in a scummy HMO. Popped out for milk, came back to 0 front door and many many officers swarming all over the joint. Turns out one resident had been a very naughty boy and on arriving the police had found a large quantity of substances.... I made them a cup of tea, to be honest I wasn't sure what else to do.... Used all my milk up. 😒

3 hours ago, JDog said:

The man was a twit, the Police were twits. End of.

But the man was being a twit in his own house. The police were being twits in their professional capacity, misusing and abusing their new found 'powers'. That any police officer believes that action is even in their capacity is truly frightening. 

4 minutes ago, treetree said:

But the man was being a twit in his own house. The police were being twits in their professional capacity, misusing and abusing their new found 'powers'. That any police officer believes that action is even in their capacity is truly frightening. 

How were they to know what was on the other side of the door if he hadn't answered though? They can't read minds. Imagine if he had been raping or beating the **** out of someone and instead of putting the door in they just politely left. What would be the newspaper story or Youtube video the next day? 

They can't win.

And then to top all that off they have busybodies like Gordon timing their breaks so he can make stupid posts about it on here.  

56 minutes ago, Dave-G said:

And the bloke might have been in the shower not hearing anything till the door went with a very loud bang, fully entitled to speak his mind in his own damaged home with a towel wrapped round him.... perhaps we'll never know. LOL.

If he'd been in the shower he would have shown it, it would have been a mistake and the police would have sorted the door no doubt 

The police might also get called to that address on a regular basis,  who knows?

3 hours ago, treetree said:

What new powers where they abusing?

Have I watched the same video as you? 

Where does it show the preceding moments of the video that explains why the door was forced. That video only shows what happened after the forced entry. And that was the police acting as professional and reasonable as possible when confronted with an aggressive male.

As I've said repeatedly, no body knows why the police forced the door. So you can't judge them. You can only judge them and the other guy by their actions that are physically shown on the video. And in my opinion, there is only one person in the wrong that is shown in the video.

If the police have acted unreasonably, the guy can make a complaint that will be investigated and if there's wrong doing he will likely be compensated and any wrong doing by officers punished. 

I can't get my head round anybody who supports someone using threatening and abusive behaviour and language to the police, never mind a woman. That's wrong. You can argue all day long that he was entitled to be angry etc etc but make no mistake, he was solely responsible for the actions of the police by not doing the decent and normal thing of co operating with a lawful request, ie "Sir, it's the police. Can you open up the door so we can talk to you" which is undoubtedly the very first course of action the police would have taken.