A cure

team tractor

1 hour ago, Stonepark said:

Your immune system is the cure

China reportedly shipped 50 tonnes of Vitamin C into Wuhan to give orally and intravenously.

Vitamin C supports the immune system by reducing inflammation by preventing the so called 'cytokine' storm or excess damage to your lungs by your own antibodies.

Drug companies, cannot make money from Vitamin C.

Discuss

Nuts, I was going to buy some Oranges tomorrow, no chance now ...

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Stonepark said:

Your immune system is the cure

China reportedly shipped 50 tonnes of Vitamin C into Wuhan to give orally and intravenously.

Vitamin C supports the immune system by reducing inflammation by preventing the so called 'cytokine' storm or excess damage to your lungs by your own antibodies.

Drug companies, cannot make money from Vitamin C.

Discuss

Very intrigued by this vitamin c .

Any medical types care to comment and give an opinion on this. To the layman it looks kind of plausible. but will it stand up to closer scrutiny as a help against this virus . any one any idea. ?

3 minutes ago, lancer425 said:

Very intrigued by this vitamin c .

Any medical types care to comment and give an opinion on this. To the layman it looks kind of plausible. but will it stand up to closer scrutiny as a help against this virus . any one any idea. ?

Anything that boosts your immune system is worth using. Vitamin C helps with avoiding colds too. It won't  guarantee to stop a cold, but it might lessen the severity. It's not a cure. A good balanced diet with plenty of fruit and veg will help too.

Another thing that is worth doing if you can manage is to keep your alcohol consumption to reasonable levels as excess alcohol can depress your immune system. Difficult when we are all going stir crazy.

1 minute ago, loriusgarrulus said:

Anything that boosts your immune system is worth using. Vitamin C helps with avoiding colds too. It won't  guarantee to stop a cold, but it might lessen the severity. It's not a cure. A good balanced diet with plenty of fruit and veg will help too.

Another thing that is worth doing if you can manage is to keep your alcohol consumption to reasonable levels as excess alcohol can depress your immune system. Difficult when we are all going stir crazy.

I dont drink i am wild enough without alcohol i am told.

9 hours ago, wishy735 said:

I use to watch a doctor called House, he ever had his own TV series and he was amazing. He could diagnose any illnesses and had the cure. Don't know what happened to him but wish he was still on telly to help.

Loved it at the time that roll was written for him.

16 minutes ago, ditchman said:

for years i took chloroquine and ive had my TB jab....................................does that lower my risk ?

I think that your regular pickling in alcohol may have altered your risk profile more

Edited by amateur

17 minutes ago, Diver One said:

I should be fine then....started 25l rosé for present wife last week

just sterilising the gear for 25l Chilean Merlot today

Unfortunately the alcohol  for sterilising surfaces needs to be 60-80% alcohol to be effective. Optimum is 70%.

Pickling yourself internally with alcohol just lowers your bodies immune system and makes you more vulnerable. Nice thought though. 👍

7 minutes ago, loriusgarrulus said:

Unfortunately the alcohol  for sterilising surfaces needs to be 60-80% alcohol to be effective. Optimum is 70%.

Pickling yourself internally with alcohol just lowers your bodies immune system and makes you more vulnerable. Nice thought though. 👍

I am prepared to take one for the team, I also have the antidote....ginger brandy!

bottle of Aldi brandy

jar of stem ginger

chop up, bung in, shake daily.

after a week remove ginger, drain and mix with plain chocolate. 10 bars is enough

drink Brandy