Boris is back

Dave at kelton

1 hour ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, yes good to see that and good speech to but dare i say it seems to me the lockdown will carry on ?? but lets hear the 4 o clock meeting before jumping to conclusions, well me anyway

Surely lockdown must continue as it`s the only thing that has caused a slight improvement in the situation!

Edited by matone
mistaken quote.

3 minutes ago, matone said:

Surely the lockdown has to carry on as it`s the only reason we`re seeing a slight improvement in the situation. 

Surely lockdown must continue as it`s the only thing that has caused a slight improvement in the situation!

hello, yes i agree, but it will cause further hardship to many uk citizens

55 minutes ago, Mighty Ruler said:

More businesses are opening, regardless of what the government says it looks like the rules are being eased, which in my opinion is the right way to go. Lift the lockdown too quickly and there’ll be a second spike but we can’t stay quarantined indefinitely.

The rules haven't been eased. Many companies who closed - B&Q is a good example, house builders are another - was because they couldn't enforce social distancing not because of the restrictions. They now understand better how to do it and hence are opening. Likewise many others. 

41 minutes ago, AVB said:

The rules haven't been eased. Many companies who closed - B&Q is a good example, house builders are another - was because they couldn't enforce social distancing not because of the restrictions. They now understand better how to do it and hence are opening. Likewise many others. 

True, but I still think someone in government had had a word with them. The police don’t seem as heavy handed either.

15 minutes ago, Mighty Ruler said:

True, but I still think someone in government had had a word with them. The police don’t seem as heavy handed either.

People are starting to tire of the lockdown , and have begun to stretch the rules already.

So the pragmatic view would be to start to slowly ease the lockdown soon,even if it is too early and accept a higher risk than the general population saying "F^&% it !" and the authorities losing all control .

2 minutes ago, wascal said:

People are starting to tire of the lockdown , and have begun to stretch the rules already.

So the pragmatic view would be to start to slowly ease the lockdown soon,even if it is too early and accept a higher risk than the general population saying "F^&% it !" and the authorities losing all control .

The thing is look at Japan,  they have had a second spike after relaxing their restrictions which makes the first lockdown almost pointless. 

I don't think the likes of b&q opening is a bad thing, lots of people are at home so might as well be doing DIY and keeping busy.

I don't think people will think 🏐🏀 to this, they've stu k it out this long.

2 minutes ago, Mighty Ruler said:

Just seen a Tory MP on the telly saying businesses should think about how they can reopen while maintaining social distancing. Yes, they could always have done this but there does seem to be a push now.

I don't think the government ever expected so many businesses to close and furlough all their staff, I'm sure many companies could re open, or have carried on with limited staff.

Northwest news has just said that Airbus are planning to furlough 3000 staff, so slowing down and looking at job losses.