Cummings in the soup?

Retsdon

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, Mungler said:

I give up on this. My acme moron-o-meter has broken its needle.

I was joking :lol:

23 minutes ago, Retsdon said:

The editor of the Telegraph too? 

Agendas....

21 minutes ago, Mungler said:

Rolls Royce axe 20,000 jobs and effectively kill the whole of Derby and yet we’re losing our **** because Cummings got in his motor and Strictly is looking like being cancelled. 

Exactly , its funny how a couple of weeks ago, theres all these people dying, and 'we need to pull together' , now its back to the usual standard of gutter press sniping, with everyone looking for their 2 minutes of fame.
The effect on industry, with associated knock on effects will be dire , and the  media are going to have a field day blaming who, what , and everyone in power for the forseeable.
As long as they sell their product and advance their agendas, they dont care.

Political witch-hunt In my option.

I would definitely do anything to safeguard my children, and the  “ I might have seen him in Barnard Castle “ is hardly hard evidence.

As for the People shouting outside his home last night- how is that helping.

i can’t imagine what his mental health is like right now.

Hitman 

48 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

It never was.

Indeed , Boris was/is always hated by some factions, the fact he bought another tory government to power , embarrassed labour and the lib dems, delivered a Brexit WA , and the fact he has blonde wavy hair, really sticks in some peoples craw.
Cummings is a BJ asset, and removing him by hook or crook is a way of weakening Boris, the whole saga is about nothing else.

The fact that during a time of supposed crisis, the baying lefty media, and elements of the anti Brexit/tory talking heads , have time and inclination to attack like this, just goes to show we are returning to 'normal' 
The press have been made to look like rabid dogs over this, and their intention is very clear, to some.

:good:

:good:

Good post 

1 hour ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Sorry but I disagree, I personally feel that Boris has backed up his good leadership and re-inforced all those old labour supporters that changed camp at the last General Election!

As one of those old labour supporters , I completely disagree dave . Boris stuck two fingers up at all of those people that have done their best to do the right thing through all of this . I've been behind Boris from the beginning but I've lost all faith in the man now .

I may as well have carried on going shooting and fishing , and just ignored lockdown , if Dominic Cummings can safely travel in a car with covid 19 , then surely it's safe for me to travel in a car when I don't have it.

2 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

As one of those old labour supporters , I completely disagree dave . Boris stuck two fingers up at all of those people that have done their best to do the right thing through all of this . I've been behind Boris from the beginning but I've lost all faith in the man now .

I may as well have carried on going shooting and fishing , and just ignored lockdown , if Dominic Cummings can safely travel in a car with covid 19 , then surely it's safe for me to travel in a car when I don't have it.

But you didn't, you weighed up the guidance and got on with your life.

DC weighed up the guidance and got on with his.

9 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

The irony is that the current medical evidence suggests that we all should have just done that and been a bit more careful, washed our hands a bit more and got on with our lives.

47 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Mr Cummings is due to make a statement later!

Surely not???? I thought it was a non story. Opposition amongst Tory ranks now I see. 😉

21 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

This ^^^^^^  Vote Tory and everyone look out for themselves. One rule for us and one for the rabble. 

I'm normally one who bristles at the polical class baying and howling for anybody to be sacked for the sake of political capital, but to my mind and in this case the actual offence/indiscretion/lapse of judgement or however we may to describe it doesn't really matter.

It was the same with Dr Catherine Calderwood in Scotland, the action taken by DC or CC was not particularly risky in that a couple of individuals got in a car and travelled somewhere else.  The problem is that they are/were an intrinsic part of the machine that was telling everyone else that they MUST NOT do precisely that.

The government implemented policy that denied people the opportunity to attend funerals, they denied the opportunity for partners to be present at childbirth, they denied people the opportunity to spend the last moments with a loved one when they died in intensive care and they have denied people the chance to earn an income.  When the government denies the right for these most fundamental behaviours and emotional needs for the general public, but is not only content to ignore a senior government figure flouting those rules it actively defends them using arguments of sophistry then that screams to me of double standards and arrogance of the highest order.

In terms of the measurement of the offence/indiscretion in isolation of all other consideration then of course it is trivial, however the moral principle of trust and unity, which has been shattered for so very many, is massive.

The populace in general tend to give much more value to things that they can understand and process, things that feel real.  This feels very real indeed and I think BoJo has hugely underestimated the strengh of public feeling against supporting DC in this way.

It won't be a fatal blow in itself to BoJo's standing, but it will have done him very real harm and very likely lasting harm if he does not change tack.  When he is in office because so many people chose to give him a chance and he promised to pay back their faith, yet the optics of this show the complete opposite to trust, integrity and all being in this together.

2 hours ago, Mungler said:

Really? That is melodramatic bed wetting nonsense of the highest.

We’re all okay then with economic suicide based on the wrong expert evidence (etc) but some bloke driving to Durham is ‘the limit’.

The world has officially gone quite mad. 

Melodramatic bed wetting? Really? Pathetic. :rolleyes:

Did you actually read what I wrote, or did your PMS just get in the way? Boris Johnson should have sacked Cummings on the spot for IGNORING THE GOVERNMENTS OWN GUIDLINES ABOUT COVID 19 ***!

It strengthens the belief that there is one rule for the chosen few, and another for the rest of us. Or are you too stupid to see that?

16 minutes ago, Cheshirelad said:

Melodramatic bed wetting? Really? Pathetic.

Did you actually read what I wrote, or did your PMS just get in the way? Boris Johnson should have sacked Cummings on the spot for IGNORING THE GOVERNMENTS OWN GUIDLINES ABOUT COVID 19 ***!

It strengthens the belief that there is one rule for the chosen few, and another for the rest of us. Or are you too stupid to see that?

Are you taking the media write ups as 100% gospel. Its in the rags so every word must be true.. I dont disagree what he did was stupid but is it law to not drive. He drove to an empty cottage. Isolated. Then went back to London. 

Just now, Retsdon said:

Had a shave too. Remarkable...

Thats why he was late 

Just now, ShootingEgg said:

Are you taking the media write ups as 100% gospel. Its in the rags so every word must be true.. I dont disagree what he did was stupid but is it law to not drive. He drove to an empty cottage. Isolated. Then went back to London. 

As he is explaining at the moment!

Something fishy is going on. I went for a walk along the river in Cambridge today. Definitely saw DC. 110% certain it was him. The. I get home to find that there is somebody pretending to be DC giving a press conference. 

On another note. I also had another 99 ice cream cone. The second in one week.