Cummings in the soup?

Retsdon

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, grrclark said:

The longer this goes on the more similarity it gains to the infamous Prince Andrew 

Agreed, I also quickly got that impression. Whether right or wrong is not the issue.  His actions have given the opposition  a huge opportunity to score a hit. Accept the hit, it's happened, cant be repaired and will only get worse. Again I repeat, take one for the team .

1 minute ago, fern01 said:

I am heartily sick of the media overblown reaction to this, pages and pages in every newspaper for days and countless hours of repetitive commentary by the TV

Not a mention of the five stabbings in Manchester 

Less than normal then?

Just now, JohnfromUK said:

If they get on your nerves - just imagine what they must be doing to his!  🤣

I was thinking the same thing actually... :)

But at the end of the day it's all irrelevant. We've only his word that all this isn't just a pack of lies and in reality he went on a holiday to Durham for his father's birthday. The fact is that he broke the lockdown and then had his wife write a deceitful  piece in the paper intimating that they'd been in London the whole time. Those are the facts.

Just now, TRINITY said:

Because the media are basically **** and only want to report things to build their own agenda. This a very relevant point and a good balanced journo would include this. 

I can still remember good balanced journalists, just!

1 minute ago, Retsdon said:

then had his wife write a deceitful  piece in the paper intimating that they'd been in London the whole time.

Actually - with all the press mob outside - I can understand he seriously didn't want that in Durham at his parent's/sisters premises.  Similarly - it must be very hard to arrange things like child care when you are under siege from the press like that at your home.

4 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

I can still remember good balanced journalists, just!

Are you an elephant?

(that never forgets)

His story seems reasonable to me … unless there's hard evidence to the contrary ….

In truth … many thousands of people were 'nipping out' quietly to work, delivering shopping etc

He was in a fix .. and did the best for his family. I'll wager he didn't bother Boris about it a) because he would do it anyway, and b) he didn't want him to be complicit.

Can we get on with straightening out the country now.

28 minutes ago, Retsdon said:

The one thing that I wonder about is how does anyone know if a word of the story is true?

Of course it is - that's the whole point of why I mentioned it in the first place. If he'd been driving on the normal road there'd be no questions. He wasn't. He practically freewheeled his car 15 yards down an empty village road at 11 at night and turned left into his driveway. In REAL terms, he was no danger to anyone. But he broke the law. 

are you dim or just argumentative, THERE ARE NO PUBLIC ROADS THAT YOU CAN DRIVE ON WHEN OVER THE LIMIT. at any place or time.

using your reasoning, If I assaulted you outside my house at 11 am, that would be ok, but if it happened on the other side of town at lunchtime it wouldn't.

and we're still waiting for your answer, would you think differently had he killed a family member? 

Edited by REDINGTON

So many lies and double standards. I wish I`d never voted Tory now. We`d have been so much better off with Jeremy Corbyn and Diane Abbott running the show.

Perhaps, unless we develope a sense of proportion, we can look forward to a few years under Keir Starmer because Labour and it`s advisors never lie.

3 hours ago, Mungler said:

The irony is that the current medical evidence suggests that we all should have just done that and been a bit more careful, washed our hands a bit more and got on with our lives.

Hallelujah!

I have been banging on about exactly this from day one! 

I’m so pleased we don’t have village stocks and ducking stools anymore! 

11 minutes ago, mudpatten said:

So many lies and double standards. I wish I`d never voted Tory now. We`d have been so much better off with Jeremy Corbyn and Diane Abbott running the show.

Perhaps, unless we develope a sense of proportion, we can look forward to a few years under Keir Starmer because Labour and it`s advisors never lie.

Have you banged your head?

11 minutes ago, Retsdon said:

But at the end of the day it's all irrelevant. We've only his word that all this isn't just a pack of lies and in reality he went on a holiday to Durham for his father's birthday. The fact is that he broke the lockdown and then had his wife write a deceitful  piece in the paper intimating that they'd been in London the whole time. Those are the facts.

Indeed they are.

2 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

I thought DC played a blinder and the journalists showed how partisan they are.

he certainly stumbled like a blind man reading from a statement of coarse if your telling the truth you can just sit down and say fire away obviously not a option for him lol 

Durham Police have now admitted (on BBC news) that they did NOT speak to anyone in the Cummings family about breaking lockdown rules (which ties in with what Cummings previously said).

They did speak to the family, but only about security, which is not what was being reported earlier.