Demonstrations in london

TRINITY

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And I'm still waiting for links to substantiate the claims that shady Marxist forces are at play by manipulating the masses through social media, or whatever.

In the meantime, for anyone seeking to fill the gap prior to this enlightenment who would like some light reading to help "flush their cognitive pipeline", I recommend at least one pass through the following article:

https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/oureconomy/neoliberalism-is-over-welcome-to-the-era-of-neo-illiberalism/

5 hours ago, mossy835 said:

and the cop got away with it, what did the boy do wrong.

Confused his left and right. The guy had a few beers after full day of work, 3 times over the drink driving limit and chilling before bed late in the evening. He would have been fairly dozey, he was clearly placid and confused. The police officer was covered in tattoos. I am very old fashioned, judgemental and prejudiced but in his police photo he doesn’t look like someone I would trust with any firearm. 

690EC94B-27D0-4AC5-9E59-6739B1E61678.png

35 minutes ago, WalkedUp said:

Confused his left and right. The guy had a few beers after full day of work, 3 times over the drink driving limit and chilling before bed late in the evening. He would have been fairly dozey, he was clearly placid and confused. The police officer was covered in tattoos. I am very old fashioned, judgemental and prejudiced but in his police photo he doesn’t look like someone I would trust with any firearm. 

690EC94B-27D0-4AC5-9E59-6739B1E61678.png

The sergeant in charge of the unit was the fly in the ointment.To gratify his own diseased sense of amusement  he was deliberately hazing a drunk guy who was scared to death (literally as it turned out) by bellowing contrary orders at him while threatening to kill him.  Unfortunately the cretin in the picture thought it was all real, and as he was just itching to shoot someone in the line of duty, he jumped at the first opportunity and opened fire. 

A proper emotional intelligence test should have weeded both of these guys out - particularly from an armed response role. Morons with a nasty streak.

it has now being reported that "they"...want to take down the 2 statues of Nelson down in Norfolk...and the Britania monument in yarmouth..............well i can tell you now .."over my dead body"...Norfolk is Nelsons county and always will be...and its my county...its my home and my history and my blood........next it will be all the Nelson pubs ....Nelson roads...etc...etc...etc....

so get stuffed.......all this is just going too far..........i want to know who is really behind this and under what banner.........if they continue with this milarkee...there is going to be a very very serious backlash at election time....and some seriously nasty people will get into power....

Talking of Nelson, for anyone who might be interested in the minutiae of the Napoleonic Naval War, I can highly recommend this book .https://www.amazon.com/Line-Upon-Wind-Great-1793-1815/dp/0393066533 . Those men were something else. They had a dedication to duty and a disregard for their own safety in the face of discharging it that, to us today would be unthinkable.

And Nelson was the main man. 

1 hour ago, Raja Clavata said:

I'm still waiting for links to substantiate the claims that shady Marxist forces are at play by manipulating the masses through social media, or whatever.

Like I said earlier, if you could just Google the links to their intentions, they wouldn't be that shady would they? 🤔

Which leads straight onto... 

1 hour ago, Raja Clavata said:

In the meantime, for anyone seeking to fill the gap prior to this enlightenment who would like some light reading to help "flush their cognitive pipeline", I recommend at least one pass through the following article:

https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/oureconomy/neoliberalism-is-over-welcome-to-the-era-of-neo-illiberalism/

Who are open democracy? 

Who funds them? 

What are their aims? 

The clue is in the word 'open' 😂

6 hours ago, clangerman said:

how ungrateful some are when they have a dead end job making cake for someone else who throws them a bag of crumbs they can afford cheap shoddy clothes second rate food and look forward to being called a scrounger when needing to claim benefits yes they are definitely ungrateful the bottom line here is the greedy are scared where this is going and they should be! 

Yes but they all live in a society where they CAN make something of their lives, if they wanted to. Not wanting to doesn't make them a victim. Too many think the world owes them a living.

Edited by Vince Green

2 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

Yes but they all live in a society where they CAN make something of their lives, if they wanted to. Not wanting to doesn't make them a victim. Too many think the world owes them a living.

I was born in humble beginnings, now I am worth a bob or two, I was lucky but I worked long hours and didn't pee my money up the wall in the pub or sniff it up my nose.

a lot of those pulling colston down are students who will do well in life  they don’t think the world owes them a living claiming they do is just another excuse 

Just now, clangerman said:

a lot of those pulling colston down are students who will do well in life  they don’t think the world owes them a living claiming they do is just another excuse 

How on earth can you know who they are and how they think? 

You've made your mind up, and are now making up excuses yourself that fit your ideas. 

2 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

How on earth can you know who they are and how they think? 

You've made your mind up, and are now making up excuses yourself that fit your ideas. 

my daughter still has many uni friends so don’t tell me no end of them did not take part THEY DID! 

A question for you all.!

The news media handling brexit / corona virus "Worldwide" and Now the Race/ Not race / rent a mob riots / demos "Worldwide. .

Is it time the News media had its wings well and trully clipped . For the sake of preventing civil unrest. ?

I do not think the CNN/ BBC or any other left wing media, is having a positive effect on proceedings . In fact i would go so far as to say the opposite its actually inflaming the civil unrest.

Are the people of the world grown up enough for real facts, or do we actually need feeding a controlled dose of well filtered news media in order to protect ourselves from ourselves.

1 hour ago, Retsdon said:

Talking of Nelson, for anyone who might be interested in the minutiae of the Napoleonic Naval War, I can highly recommend this book .https://www.amazon.com/Line-Upon-Wind-Great-1793-1815/dp/0393066533 . Those men were something else. They had a dedication to duty and a disregard for their own safety in the face of discharging it that, to us today would be unthinkable.

And Nelson was the main man. 

Life on a ship of the line was unbelievably harsh. My dad was in the Navy and when I was about 11 we went to HMS Victory. Walking round in the summer, eating an ice cream you don't realise what living on a gun deck with open hatches above you would have been like on a ship at sea in the winter . My Dad picked it up immediately. Having been on destroyers in the north Atlantic when after a couple of days at sea nothing was dry and water was sloshing about everywhere below decks.

During the Napolionic war Nelson in the Victory blockaded the French channel ports for two winters and a summer. Being on a lee shore with the wind blowing you constantly towards the coast the entire crew would have to go up in the rigging and change the sails round every twelve hours or so, night and day raining or freezing cold it made no difference.

Unable to be given hot food at sea, they were given biscuits and a pint of rum a day

8 minutes ago, lancer425 said:

A question for you all.!

The news media handling brexit / corona virus "Worldwide" and Now the Race/ Not race / rent a mob riots / demos "Worldwide. .

Is it time the News media had its wings well and trully clipped . For the sake of preventing civil unrest. ?

I do not think the CNN/ BBC or any other left wing media, is having a positive effect on proceedings . In fact i would go so far as to say the opposite its actually inflaming the civil unrest.

Are the people of the world grown up enough for real facts, or do we actually need feeding a controlled dose of well filtered news media in order to protect ourselves from ourselves.

Your right all this stuff should be hushed up. Follow the China model.

17 minutes ago, lancer425 said:

A question for you all.!

I agree with you. Democracy is a lot of mis-informed people voting for something they don't understand about based on which of the candidates has the best smile

9 minutes ago, oowee said:

Your right all this stuff should be hushed up. Follow the China model.

At least you are admitting that China is withholding information. that's progress

Edited by Vince Green

19 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

I agree with you. Democracy is a lot of mis-informed people voting for something they don't understand about based on which of the candidates has the best smile

At least you are admitting that China is withholding information. that's progress

:yes:

47 minutes ago, clangerman said:

my daughter still has many uni friends so don’t tell me no end of them did not take part THEY DID! 

Ah ok , she knows everyone who took part .

She rung em all up and checked 😄

8 hours ago, Rewulf said:

Like I said earlier, if you could just Google the links to their intentions, they wouldn't be that shady would they? 🤔

You could have just said, because Nige said so 🤪

Which leads straight onto... 

Who are open democracy? 

Who funds them? 

What are their aims? 

The clue is in the word 'open' 😂

I was just sharing the article, not promoting the website. It’s not one that I view often but it came up in a google search 

14 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

I was just sharing the article, not promoting the website. It’s not one that I view often but it came up in a google search 

But it's a classic example of what we are talking about, as in 'shady' organisations. 

Have you seen this? https://on.rt.com/ajam

Do you fancy a nice 'safe zone' down your way 😂

23 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Oh yes!

One of my architects is unhappy that she has been furloughed without the additional employer contribution. 80% pay for zero work. Her fiancé is an architect too. They have a very good combined income and no children. At Christmas we gifted the office extra days holiday as a bonus. She complained that we only gifted 3 days and that didn’t fit in with her plans. Tempted to fire her just to help her learn a valuable life lesson 🤣 But sadly she’s too good to let go and also the head of HR would hang me out to dry. 

I would still like someone to give me a logical reason Floyd being shot caused a race war, I saw nothing (yet) that points to his death being in any way racially motivated. The only racism I have seen so far, is towards anyone white, as it would appear, merely being born white is all that needs to happen to be accused of being a racist by certain individuals, some of whom are white themselves I must add.

The whole situation is ludicrous to me, what this has to do with the UK completely eludes me. I think the vast majority of people here, see what's going on here (UK) as nothing more than an excuse for a lawless element of society to run amok unabated.