Anyone know anyone who has (a) died (b) died before their time due to Covid?

Mungler

1 hour ago, blackbird said:

Nobody I know & the same goes for anybody dropping  the lottery big time 😂

My ex wife's sister won a quarter of a mill on the Lottery. A syndicate member I used to shoot with had a similar sized win (followed by 50 grand two weeks later). Still don't know anybody who died of Covid though!       

Edited by AVB
Spelling

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I had a friend that passed away due to covid quite early on ,he was late 40s , and was college security . He was a big strong guy , but he was also diabetic.

My son in law has two friends that have been left with brain damage . One of them is home and leading an almost normal life , but the other is not expected to ever leave hospital .

Three weeks ago , 17 guys at work tested positive for covid , most are back at work now , but some of them are still ill , one of them also has a wife in intensive care with covid .

On the other side of the coin . A few months back , some guys at work had blood tests , a couple of them had already had covid and hadn't been aware as they had no symptoms. 

I really don't know what to think of the whole business , so I just play things as safely as I can , whilst still being sensible about it all.

The number of deaths now is up to around 58,000 so lots of us won't know anyone that's died, I don't but my SIL does, works in the NHS and a few colleagues have died,  I've no idea if they had any other medical problems. 

What you won't find stats on is the number of people who have been severely affected with long term illness after contracting covid, it's not just about the deaths.

3 hours ago, mel b3 said:

really don't know what to think of the whole business , so I just play things as safely as I can , whilst still being sensible about it all.

It's this for me,  I don't want to find out how I'd be affected by it.

4 hours ago, Saltings said:

first lockdown  wifes uncle had covid at 92 died his carer in his 40s gave it him also died   neighbor got it and died hadnt left the house nobody in or out    shopping delivered  tracked back to the delivery driver     crook carried on as normal  he cost one life  mayby more   

Interestingly a 92 year old neighbour got Covid off the attending carer too. He was fine but they refused to let him go home because he failed the competency test, diagnosed him with Alzheimer’s and he’s now in a home.

I can see that it’s no fun getting old.

We’re buying a house at the moment from the estate of a 74 year old who died of covid, through work we know a few more who have died.  Similar ages but no one younger.  My brother has it at the moment along with 6 of his colleagues.  Apparently from his experience it isn’t to be recommended but hopefully he is out the other side now. 

My symptoms started on the 7th, the first week wasn't too bad just like a mild flu, between 7-10 days I got worse, not being able to sleep really bad fatigue and difficulty breathing. I rang the doctor and just speaking on the phone he was not happy with my breathing, he contacted the local hospital and an ambulance took me in.

In the end i was in hospital for four nights on oxygen with covid pneumonia, steroids and antibiotics sorted me out but i am still struggling with chronic fatigue and i am still not sleeping which makes the fatigue worse. i am contacting doctors tomorrow to see if he can put me on something to make me sleep. On the ward I was in there were four of us all around 50's with the same problem so it seems pneumonia is a common side effect of covid.

The only person I know who died was the first confirmed death from COVID in Kenya. A 66 year old man with diabetes. 

I don’t know of anyone from the UK, US or Europe.

Based on the damage to the economy and livelihoods clearly BoJos comment about us all being personally affected by deaths was exaggerated. But, eh, it’s OK because he was following the science 🙄

2 hours ago, treetree said:

Oh dear. I'm not even sure where to start here.

With no evidence you are pumping out this nonsense, ramping up the fear.

kate garaways husband          doctors talking about long term fatigue and organ failure      blood clots leading to death      my daughters friend works the covid ward at  uhc all year  exhausted as patients from luton  to bradford being treated there         blood clots kill    organ failure kills   one guy walked in    ok notes ?   3hrs  later ventilated 2hrs later dead blood  clots  38 y old        in all ages if in doubt     a facility at bagington airport  has many corpses stacked up not pretty waiting to be claimed    wrong name    illegals    homeless  cant afford burial     its not dignified    a fact        covid contagious as hell      some a flue       some  death      others dont know  and go forth        its Russian roulette 

On 28/11/2020 at 18:47, Rewulf said:

No one. 

My ex FILs mother died this week, severe dementia, the care home asked him what he would like putting down as cause of death! 

Puzzled, he asked what do you mean? (she was 96), 'we can put covid down if you like?' 

She has never been tested for covid. 

I didn't know that unqualified, and what are considered low skilled workers, providing care in care homes, were the ones who write and sign off death certificates?!

Oh wait, they're not. 

So that's surely just nonsence then isn't it? 😷

1 minute ago, Lloyd90 said:

I didn't know that unqualified, and what are considered low skilled workers, providing care in care homes, were the ones who write and sign off death certificates?!

Oh wait, they're not. 

no autopsy body released for burial immediately doctor who signs off gets £100.00   compo      trust me they are queuing up to sign off   i work for doctors and nurses without my daughters mate influences           for the last 30yrs  i also work for a medical negligence company    ears open mouth shut    amazing 

1 minute ago, Saltings said:

no autopsy body released for burial immediately doctor who signs off gets £100.00   compo      trust me they are queuing up to sign off   i work for doctors and nurses without my daughters mate influences           for the last 30yrs  i also work for a medical negligence company    ears open mouth shut    amazing 

Ash cash the Doctor's call it, they get it if the body goes off for cremation. They get that whether they write down heart failure or covid. Writing covid on a medical form doesn't get them a bonus. 

4 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

Ash cash the Doctor's call it, they get it if the body goes off for cremation. They get that whether they write down heart failure or covid. Writing covid on a medical form doesn't get them a bonus. 

no autopsy released straight away      daughters mate reported doctors  laughing this one is a covid  £   death   got a disiplinery greedy ******     in fact 88y old copd sufferer  masive heartack  no test for covid        death sert covid      no test taken on notes            shes hands on  and a straight talker     i believe her 

3 minutes ago, Saltings said:

no autopsy released straight away      daughters mate reported doctors  laughing this one is a covid  £   death   got a disiplinery greedy ******     in fact 88y old copd sufferer  masive heartack  no test for covid        death sert covid      no test taken on notes            shes hands on  and a straight talker     i believe her 

They would have got paid the 'ash cash' no matter what they wrote though. What's the incintive to fake it? Or is it that some of the people are so old they just die or one of a number of health conditions and they just put down anything they can, each aas valid as the other? 

12 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

They would have got paid the 'ash cash' no matter what they wrote though. What's the incintive to fake it? Or is it that some of the people are so old they just die or one of a number of health conditions and they just put down anything they can, each aas valid as the other? 

he wanted his first covid death  got reported and a disciplinary      think of the family death by natural causes          or which one of us killed mother or father   with covid  cant go to the funeral or wake             an age related death old **** no one to blame     they had a good  innings         no stigma attached  died from old age  peaceful in their sleep a greedy  doctor sees £100 covid death             or refer for autopsy for cause of death  no £  could be cancer or  natural causes  given age             a family at peace natural causes       my take       no one to blame its their time to leave  us 

Edited by Saltings

9 hours ago, Lloyd90 said:

Oh wait, they're not. 

He must have just made it up then ?

I didnt say that he was talking to, as you put it 'unqualified, low skilled workers' Im pretty sure that there is at least one sensible trained person in a nursing home at any one time ?
Obviously bottom wipers dont sign off death certificates .
Nursing home staff CAN note covid symptoms to management , who can report , without testing, that a resident possibly died WITH covid.
The important distinction is this is what it says on the death cert , whether they died OF covid or not, to die WITH , is still recorded as a covid death.

4 hours ago, Rewulf said:

He must have just made it up then ?

I didnt say that he was talking to, as you put it 'unqualified, low skilled workers' Im pretty sure that there is at least one sensible trained person in a nursing home at any one time ?
Obviously bottom wipers dont sign off death certificates .
Nursing home staff CAN note covid symptoms to management , who can report , without testing, that a resident possibly died WITH covid.
The important distinction is this is what it says on the death cert , whether they died OF covid or not, to die WITH , is still recorded as a covid death.

The point about them being “unqualified and unskilled workers” was to emphasise the point that someone who does sign off a death certificate is qualified to do so and certainly skilled. 

I’ve just had a look. Online the guidance is very clear of how it should happen. 

Here is the source of the information which draws down from WHO guidelines. 

It says: 

World Health Organisation guidelines stated that “COVID-19 should be recorded on the medical certificate of cause of death for ALL decedents where the disease, or is assumed to have caused, or contributed to death, i.e. COVID-19 is the underlying cause of death”. Such an example would be someone who has developed pneumonia as a result of COVID-19, dies from acute respiratory distress. Alternatively, COVID-19 may be present on the death certificate as a significant condition contributing to death but not the underlying cause. These guidelines are clear that in such cases these deaths “are not deaths due to COVID-19 and should not be certified as such”:

So if you get Covid, develop pneumonia and die, they record it as a death from Covid. 

If your dying of heart failure, you catch Covid, and then die, you died of your heart failure with Covid as a contributing factor. The guidance states, this should not be noted as a Covid death. 

So the guidance seems to be the opposite of what you are saying... 

I know of two people that died with it. My daughter has signed death tickets for literally hundreds as a doc on a covid ward at Warwick Hospital.

At one point she was signing 7 or 8 tickets a day. She said they changed the rules with Covid to allow just one doctor to sign the ticket if they believe this to be the underlying cause. Avoiding a PM and keeping the mortuary free.