More restrictions possible in England (and Wales)

discobob

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Mice! said:

The shops can't enforce this, same as masks it's all voluntary, unless every shop puts security on the doors it won't change.

Morrisons have security on the door and have had since the spring.  They have announced today that no mask = a ban - unless medically exempt.  However - the number of medically exempt locally seems unbelievable.

4 minutes ago, AVB said:

“Unless they have a medical exemption” which they can’t ask to see and therefore can’t enforce. It’s meaningless. 

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/uk-news/shoppers-who-refuse-wear-masks-19605200

They will be offering masks, those with reasons not to wear one should be able to prove it, simple really. 

This idea you can't ask is just pandering to the muppets,  the idea people forget them is also rubbish,  who doesn't have a couple of masks in the car, one in each jacket,  it used to be you found a fiver, now it's a mask 😷

6 minutes ago, clangerman said:

no they are just single vans they are having a clamp down on our dumb 20mph limit one was even set up on a one way street it’s ridiculous 

As are some of the speeds idiots are driving at  !  They can not put enough speed camera's out, the more the merrier. Simple really, drive like a pleb, pay the price  ! I live on a 20mph road, it seems that you add the two 20mph speeds displayed at the end of the road together and use that as a starting point.   

5 minutes ago, Mice! said:

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/uk-news/shoppers-who-refuse-wear-masks-19605200

They will be offering masks, those with reasons not to wear one should be able to prove it, simple really. 

This idea you can't ask is just pandering to the muppets,  the idea people forget them is also rubbish,  who doesn't have a couple of masks in the car, one in each jacket,  it used to be you found a fiver, now it's a mask 😷

Perhaps that’s how it should be but it’s not how the law works. 

1 minute ago, Scully said:

On our regional news it was stated police have administered 68 fines this weekend in the Lakes, to people from as far afield as Newcastle, Sheffield and I think ,Nottinghamshire! 🙂

Not London? Amazing. 

1 minute ago, Scully said:

🙂No, they all left shortly after Christmas. 

They couldn’t get past the roadblocks on the M25. 

I see Derbyshire police have rescinded fines issued to the two ladies fined for travelling to a walk (and drinking tea at the same time)  

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-55625062

9 minutes ago, AVB said:

I see Derbyshire police have rescinded fines issued to the two ladies fined for travelling to a walk (and drinking tea at the same time)  

Damn, an outbreak of sanity.  Let's hope it's contained quickly.

Was just reading an article on the Torygraph website about the German state of enforcement, and it was genuinely chilling...But some wit put an absolutely brilliant comment up, which some up my sentiments entirely:

Isn't this all rather odd?

I will happily wear a mask anywhere.

I will limit my social contacts to zero.

I will exercise once every day and limit that to two miles walking.

I will go shopping for food only and limit my purchases to those items on the 'approved' list.

IF

The government publishes the data ( in accordance with basic scientific protocols ) that establishes a need for a policy, the data that proves the efficacy of that policy and cost/benefit analyses proving the net benefit of that policy.

I doubt I am alone in that outlook so why isn't the data being published to increase compliance?

Could it be that there is no such data? Or the data contradicts the establishment orthodoxy?

Incidentally, I know the Telegraph is behind a paywall, but today is a day to sign up for the free trial, as this article comparing lockdowns vs infection rates in Europe is very enlightening (spoiler: they don't work), as well as Ian Botham's Op Ed piece,

31 minutes ago, AVB said:

They couldn’t get past the roadblocks on the M25. 

All lies, I heard on the news it was..... coffee. 

3 minutes ago, derbyduck said:

they should have trown them in the water , it was a set up !

I think you’re thinking of another report. I don’t think the two ladies I have in mind was set up? They had driven less than five miles to meet up for a coffee, and were fined for doing so, which was ridiculous! 

19 minutes ago, Scully said:

I think you’re thinking of another report. I don’t think the two ladies I have in mind was set up? They had driven less than five miles to meet up for a coffee, and were fined for doing so, which was ridiculous! 

The bench arrest was a faked video. It happened in the build-up to an anti-lockdown demonstration in the city centre.

Bench arrest video 'stage-managed by anti-lockdown protesters' - BBC News

Meanwhile, in Yorkshire a couple who drove a 60 mile round trip had to be rescued after getting lost in the snow in completely the wrong attire. Idiots

Covid: Couple on 60-mile lockdown trip rescued from hilltop - BBC News 

26 minutes ago, chrisjpainter said:

The bench arrest was a faked video. It happened in the build-up to an anti-lockdown demonstration in the city centre.

Bench arrest video 'stage-managed by anti-lockdown protesters' - BBC News

Meanwhile, in Yorkshire a couple who drove a 60 mile round trip had to be rescued after getting lost in the snow in completely the wrong attire. Idiots

Covid: Couple on 60-mile lockdown trip rescued from hilltop - BBC News 

Yes, I realise the bench arrest was faked; I’m talking about the two young women who drove less than five miles to exercise together and have a coffee, and were fined for doing so.

I’ll see if I can find a link. 

Here you go. 

Edited by Scully

1 hour ago, Westley said:

As are some of the speeds idiots are driving at  !  They can not put enough speed camera's out, the more the merrier. Simple really, drive like a pleb, pay the price  ! I live on a 20mph road, it seems that you add the two 20mph speeds displayed at the end of the road together and use that as a starting point.   

catching speeders is fine when you can’t buy hard drugs on every street in the country or go out without finding your house is robbed or car stolen no wonder crime is out of control when their priority is enforcement of 20mph zone 

38 minutes ago, Scully said:

Yes, I realise the bench arrest was faked; I’m talking about the two young women who drove less than five miles to exercise together and have a coffee, and were fined for doing so.

I’ll see if I can find a link. 

Here you go. 

Apologies, I realised you realised the bench was faked, but I was finding the article to show your point. And I realised the two women were real, as was the rescinding. It's a bizarre and complicated lockdown when both stories can seem equally plausible and implausible at the same time - but for only one of them to be true...

Just now, chrisjpainter said:

Apologies, I realised you realised the bench was faked, but I was finding the article to show your point. And I realised the two women were real, as was the rescinding. It's a bizarre and complicated lockdown when both stories can seem equally plausible and implausible at the same time - but for only one of them to be true...

😀 None necessary. It was all getting a bit confusing there for a minute....for me anyhow! 

5 hours ago, Scully said:

Went back to work this morning, and the daughter of the house is back to school on Thursday for an exam. She doesn’t HAVE to go, but wants to, for an hour and a half.
Her mother then told me that just prior to the Christmas break up she kept her daughter off school because in one year eleven students and three teachers tested positive. So when I asked the obvious question she just shrugged! Ah well.

Meanwhile, watching a bit of the football yesterday, I saw one player empty the contents of his nose onto the pitch, while his mates were spitting at every opportunity! No doubt they’d all be rolling about in it at some time during the game, and at the final whistle they were all over each other! Is it me? 
When I become PM I will make spitting in a public place illegal. 🙂

You get my vote, just for that bit………...