Alex Belfield

countryman

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, udderlyoffroad said:

Can’t help but feel employing the services of a decent QC would’ve at least resulted in a substantially shorter sentence.

He had one provided for him FOC , but directed him what to say ?

Either way , hes finished , bankrupt, and lost his liberty.
Apparently , you really cant say nasty things about people on the internet, even if some of them are true...

My wife drew my attention to his story, which seemed to have some merit. Given that he only presented his own version, it seemed he was being victimised. Having had his day in court, the other side of the story seemed far more sinister. 

It reminded me of Megahn Markle's portrayal of herself as a victim.

On 18/09/2022 at 22:26, Mungler said:

That makes for some interesting reading.

Even if half of what the court / jury accepted to be true is true, then this bloke is a proper psycho.

On 18/09/2022 at 21:56, Gordon R said:

My wife drew my attention to his story, which seemed to have some merit. Given that he only presented his own version, it seemed he was being victimised. Having had his day in court, the other side of the story seemed far more sinister. 

It reminded me of Megahn Markle's portrayal of herself as a victim.

As above, he seems a very strange character. Like Gordon, I also started watching when I heard about the alleged vendetta against him. I gave up when he posted a rant against deer stalking even though it was obvious that he didn’t have a clue what he was talking about. 
I’m not a Jeremy Vine fan, but there’s an interview with him about AB on tonight’s Newsnight, BBC2 10:30.

56 minutes ago, chrisv said:

As above, he seems a very strange character. Like Gordon, I also started watching when I heard about the alleged vendetta against him. I gave up when he posted a rant against deer stalking even though it was obvious that he didn’t have a clue what he was talking about. 
I’m not a Jeremy Vine fan, but there’s an interview with him about AB on tonight’s Newsnight, BBC2 10:30.

I  gave up watching him when he did a bit on something that I knew a bit about, and he obviously was right behind the idea of not letting the truth get in the way of a good story!

10 minutes ago, London Best said:

You mean he’s a journalist!

No I think a journalist is someone that reports new by relaying the facts not by making it up or forgetting to report some of the important facts so as to make the story what they want. Trouble is there aren't many journalists about any more!

10 hours ago, bluesj said:

No I think a journalist is someone that reports new by relaying the facts not by making it up or forgetting to report some of the important facts so as to make the story what they want. Trouble is there aren't many journalists about any more!

I think that’s a very old definition of journalist. 
Probably pre-dates when the BBC began running the nation.

I have watched him for some time, I did find him amusing on some of his Mike taking, apparently that is not acceptable today, did he go to far, yes, did he deserve over 5 years prison sentence, no. A lot of the time he would go on about the boat crossings, I won’t use his term as that is probably not acceptable, let’s hope if these judges are getting tough on crime this sort of sentence is put right across the board of criminal’s.  

He became boring after a while on his videos,same old same old, and then the court case showed the side that he obviously didn't want told.

He probably could have made a good living on you tube, he had the voice and a format that worked, he could have just presented a show and got lots of followers.

Did he deserve 5 yrs\? well that's the courts decision he can always appeal, looking at the court case he appears to have made some peoples life hell, there is a difference between exposing people or organisations and obsessivly stalking them on line, he just couldn't let it go.

2 hours ago, henry d said:

Not many of the supporters, or those with sympathy for him, at the start of the thread saying much

Welcome back henry. 

I restarted the thread, not because I believe him to be innocent, it's simply because I find a non physical stalking conviction very difficult to quantify a 5.5 year prison sentence with. 

It's been said that he made those peoples lives hell, but even if that were the case {which I doubt very much} it still seems a lot, when you consider the paltry terms handed out to burglars, rapists, and people wound and maim innocents. People who really have been made to go through hell. 

How a few nasty emails, and a bit of social media taunting, sends radio and TV personalities 'through hell' is a mystery to me, when they are constantly exposed to all of raw society on a daily basis? 

This is JV who was on Newsnight the other night - He states that Alex Belfield published his address - So is he going to take Companies House to court then - as he runs a Ltd Co business, that information is freely available to anyone, and that his daughters are listed as shareholders (from birth if I recall correctly) then that is also a matter of public record.

Was, what Alex done, right - No - Did he overstep the mark - definitely - but as others have said- Consecutive sentences for all to stretch it all out when compared to what other offences get (concurrently as well)

Burglars might get less than the 5+ years, but I would be giving them 10 years. The Judge got this right. It's a shame that other judges don't follow his example.

Belfield has only himself to blame. He was warned by solicitors on a number of occasions, but couldn't take advice. I have long held the belief that there ought to be an offence of criminal stupidity. 🙂 His arrogance has cost him dearly.