henry d

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 hours ago, Saltings said:

i spend app three hours explaining  my post  and you cant be bothered              how will the young have manners  when you dont      i struggle  reading and righting which is whi i  try to explain  so what yoy did       doesnt happen               thank you    after 56 yrs what i right   i try ny best to make my sels understood   on print struuugle on a phone call no dramas  thank god for spelcheck    i try to help  i mmay rattle a ccage ree debatte     illike debate  or a chat if i can hhelp i will  i havnt uesd spellcheck  on this        if i can help annnyone i will  i never cratise  ime      southern irish  on the building game many nanatialitasys     we had a thing            every nationalaty cooked home foods on site once a week   stews     currys    etc cant remember what others  called it       it was good and i got fat      mine wasc gammon with cabbage  pulled  and tates and veg    food breaks down all  bariers     SHARE FOOD  the rest is ********e                  share a meal  a cook out house painting party   blokes paint       one cooks       girls on bling green stuff  and buns    or ginn      a day painting  its a get together  maby next year it will beecomme norrmal again  the good tiimes may return 

When you talk about BLM and the Asian community and say "couldn't keep the ****ers in their house" and phrases like "the whites did as asked" (paraphrased) what tone do you think that gives off.

You called me a troll for summarising youre post but its basically what you wrote. If you're going to post your views like that, then make sure you're properly understood.

Then you come back with "how will the young have manners if you dont" what a pointless, meaningless thing to throw back my way, my actions have nothing to do with how others raise their children.

You said you may rattle a cage now and then, well dont get funny when someone rattles yours for posting poorly conveyed opinions.

Edited by Pangolin

8 hours ago, bruno22rf said:

Cannot help but wonder how such a poor country manages to spend over £51 billion per year on it's armed forces, to my mind that's a lot of buying power for vaccines and Oxygen.

i think being that close to Chinah warrants a high defence spend.

1 hour ago, Dave-G said:

i think being that close to Chinah warrants a high defence spend.

I doubt it would make much difference,  it's just like most places, lots of guns pointing outwards hoping to deter attacks.

That English channel is priceless sometimes. 

1 hour ago, mel b3 said:

I wonder how AVB  got on working in India? .

Thought he was going to Germany. 

1 minute ago, Mice! said:

I doubt it would make much difference,  it's just like most places, lots of guns pointing outwards hoping to deter attacks.

That English channel is priceless sometimes. 

Thought he was going to Germany. 

it might have been , i just thought that i vaguely remembered him mentioning mumbai. 

On 30/04/2021 at 06:35, JohnfromUK said:
On 30/04/2021 at 06:26, Scully said:

It refers to large numbers of people flocking back here from India to avoid situation there - hoping to be safer here - but in fact possibly bringing back infections that may spread here. 

And have. Just see the rate of infection in Bolton and other places in the North now attributed to people returning from India.

2 minutes ago, 39TDS said:

Fear of being called racist will be high on that list.

Spot on, Northwest news tonight said Blackburn and Bolton were seeing the Indian variant which is no surprise,  Blackburn has been a problem throughout. 

There was talk of isolated local lockdowns which obviously won't work, and they are stepping up vaccinations around the area, but people still have to want to have it.

Travel to and from India should have been stopped a long time ago. 

I was stood in Manchester Airport waiting for Mum in Arrivals, a couple stopped on their way out and said to me in hushed tones "This is England isn't it?" They were being serious, the airport was packed as apparently the entire family has to go to collect anyone arriving and there were very few white folk in there.

I don't want to sound racist either because I don't think I am, it is foolish to allow entry from high risk places no matter where they are. Immediately prior to the first lockdown I came back to UK from a holiday in Oz, in front of my seat was a Chinese lad wearing a mask. Even then I was thinking ***? Why are people coming in from China but I was allowed in so why not him, for all I know he was English and just coming home from a fishing holiday in Oz. (probably not.)

No reason why people shouldn't question me being allowed back in having travelled to that part of the world at that time.

9 hours ago, 39TDS said:

I was stood in Manchester Airport waiting for Mum in Arrivals, a couple stopped on their way out and said to me in hushed tones "This is England isn't it?" They were being serious, the airport was packed as apparently the entire family has to go to collect anyone arriving and there were very few white folk in there.

I don't want to sound racist either because I don't think I am, it is foolish to allow entry from high risk places no matter where they are. Immediately prior to the first lockdown I came back to UK from a holiday in Oz, in front of my seat was a Chinese lad wearing a mask. Even then I was thinking ***? Why are people coming in from China but I was allowed in so why not him, for all I know he was English and just coming home from a fishing holiday in Oz. (probably not.)

No reason why people shouldn't question me being allowed back in having travelled to that part of the world at that time.

A friend of the family's son has been working as a baggage handler at Heathrow and his mother works as a security  person putting the hand luggage on the xray machine.

Throughout the pandemic we have had constant stories from them about the sheer number of flights arriving from all over the world day after day. 

7 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

A friend of the family's son has been working as a baggage handler at Heathrow and his mother works as a security  person putting the hand luggage on the xray machine.

Throughout the pandemic we have had constant stories from them about the sheer number of flights arriving from all over the world day after day. 

To balance the above; I spent time at my sister's house which is on the flight path for Newcastle airport and there was hardly any traffic, I've been there pre covid and it can be annoying. I have just had nine weeks at my daughter's home which is close to the same flight path and again it has been quiet compared to normal.

1 minute ago, Vince Green said:

we have had constant stories from them about the sheer number of flights arriving from all over the world day after day. 

It is not surprising;

There are a large number of people who still have the mind set that this is a disease that many get no symptoms, and the vast majority of the rest will get a mild 'flu' type illness.  Only the elderly and infirm are at any risk of serious illness - and they have all been isolating and are now vaccinated, so no need to worry.

Then there are still a few who believe the whole thing is a hoax and the illness is caused by 5G (which isn't even used yet in most of India), the vaccines are made using pork/beef/animal products - or will alter your DNA - or forbidden by God -  or inject a microchip - allowing you to be mind controlled by Bill Gates/big pharma, Big Brother or whoever.

Despite the likes of Chris Witty, Jonathan Van Tam etc., many believe the whole lockdown strategy are nothing more than a takeover of our freedoms/civil liberties etc.

If we have such a broad spectrum of views, then controlling the virus is going to be continuous battle against those who believe the virus it isn't a risk to them .... but the vaccine might be!

9 hours ago, 39TDS said:

Fear of being called racist will be high on that list.

This is very true, you have Labour exec committee members tweeting that it is racist to detain 2 Indian persons on  suspected immigration offences and that the home secretary should be deported  for allowing it.  Lieboor have a long way to go!  

Before the usual suspects start this is the source  https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-57109007

Edited by Yellow Bear

2 hours ago, Yellow Bear said:

This is very true, you have Labour exec committee members tweeting that it is racist to detain 2 Indian persons on  suspected immigration offences and that the home secretary should be deported  for allowing it.  Lieboor have a long way to go!  

Before the usual suspects start this is the source  https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-57109007

Yet he retracted it and apologises for it which you didn't mention.

19 minutes ago, henry d said:

Why did he even say it in the first place ?

And why have labour suspended him from the party if its OK to just apologise ?

On a different matter.

I quite often shop at Asian supermarkets, had a quite uncomfortable experience in one the other day, its not often I feel self conscious in them , as quite often the average shopper in them is usually, well ... Asian, or African, and occasionally E European.|
No, I felt self conscious because, out of the 30 or so people in the place, I was the only one wearing a mask ...

22 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Why did he even say it in the first place ?

And why have labour suspended him from the party if its OK to just apologise ?

Predictable response from HD which the above answers.  

So it is acceptable to make racist/anti Semitic/sexist/homophobic comments as long as you withdraw them and apologise, I think not. 

6 hours ago, Rewulf said:

No, I felt self conscious because, out of the 30 or so people in the place, I was the only one wearing a mask ...

So were you glad you were wearing the mask? Many on here say they are pointless?

It's no wonder in certain communities the virus has spread more.

6 hours ago, Yellow Bear said:

So it is acceptable to make racist/anti Semitic/sexist/homophobic comments as long as you withdraw them and apologise, I think not.

That's not what I said is it. I just commented that he had retracted and apologised for it in the link provided yet you never mentioned it as it would appear that you just prefer to conflate a side issue that has little to do with the OP.

58 minutes ago, Mice! said:

So were you glad you were wearing the mask? Many on here say they are pointless

I wear a mask as a courtesy to others , we barely wore them last lockdown because we didnt have to , and come summer , the plague disappeared for 3 months !

Did I feel protected ? No , but then I've been vaccinated too , but according to the experts , that might not protect us either?

I'm past caring , I want my holiday and I want the occasional pint and a meal. But despite masks , lockdowns ,social distancing and vaccines, we seem to be going further and further down the rabbit hole of stupid.

Question . How come China doesn't have India, Brazil variants ect, no covid deaths , and virtually no infections ?

8 hours ago, henry d said:

So that makes it okay with you then? 

5 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

I wear a mask as a courtesy to others , we barely wore them last lockdown because we didnt have to , and come summer , the plague disappeared for 3 months !

Did I feel protected ? No , but then I've been vaccinated too , but according to the experts , that might not protect us either?

I'm past caring , I want my holiday and I want the occasional pint and a meal. But despite masks , lockdowns ,social distancing and vaccines, we seem to be going further and further down the rabbit hole of stupid.

Question . How come China doesn't have India, Brazil variants ect, no covid deaths , and virtually no infections ?

Good post, I feel the same.