Trans gender weight lifter

TRINITY

In another interview with Outsports, Telfer denied that testosterone gave her an advantage over cisgender athletes, explaining that she'd been on hormone therapy for quite some time and that her testosterone levels were lower than the average woman's as a result. Additionally, Telfer stated that her height, which is 6' 2", put her at a disadvantage as her size gives her wind resistance and because the women's hurdles, her chosen event, are placed much closer together than the men's hurdles were, over half a meter closer together. [13]

How he/she has the cheek to claim all this nonsense and compete against actual females is beyond me. 

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

In another interview with Outsports, Telfer denied that testosterone gave her an advantage over cisgender athletes, explaining that she'd been on hormone therapy for quite some time and that her testosterone levels were lower than the average woman's as a result. Additionally, Telfer stated that her height, which is 6' 2", put her at a disadvantage as her size gives her wind resistance and because the women's hurdles, her chosen event, are placed much closer together than the men's hurdles were, over half a meter closer together. [13]

How he/she has the cheek to claim all this nonsense and compete against actual females is beyond me. 

That's utter bull of the highest order of bull. 

You don't have to know much about hurdling to know that gait, rhythm and the number of steps between each hurdle makes a huge difference. 

Compare that to what is said here: 

Sydney McLaughlin on chasing Dalilah Muhammad, Edwin Moses and perfection in Tokyo - BBC Sport

And Telfer and the bare faced cheek to put that in an athletics magazine. 

On 23/06/2021 at 18:56, ehb102 said:

Ah, you were doing so well there.

It's not all I've done. I've written to all kinds of people, I've put my name to petitions and I've joined in crowdfunding important court cases. 

In a world where proper representation is considered this  issue being discussed by two men and two Trans identified men (transwomen) (8pm Monday BBC) I am going to keep on refocusing  on the class of men.  They are the Lords of creation, they can stand it! 

And I give thanks that everyone I know with a gun licence thinks this issue is utter rubbish. 

And there you go again! 🙂
I have no idea what is meant by your statement ‘the lords of creation’, but all that comes across really in your posts is your utter resentment of men! 

1 hour ago, Scully said:

And there you go again! 🙂
I have no idea what is meant by your statement ‘the lords of creation’, but all that comes across really in your posts is your utter resentment of men! 

Exactly! 
I only know ehb102 from posts on here, but she comes across as a very bitter and twisted woman.

I can't say I'm a big fan of trans athletes competing against cis athletes for the obvious reasons of strength, speed, endurance and power not to mention aggression. These would give an unfair advantage over biological females if a biological male decides to compete against them. It seems commons sense? 

Perhaps there should be a trans games at the end of the para Olympics or special categories in the Olympics so that cis compete against cis and trans against trans. 

43 minutes ago, GingerCat said:

I can't say I'm a big fan of trans athletes competing against cis athletes for the obvious reasons of strength, speed, endurance and power not to mention aggression. These would give an unfair advantage over biological females if a biological male decides to compete against them. It seems commons sense? 

Perhaps there should be a trans games at the end of the para Olympics or special categories in the Olympics so that cis compete against cis and trans against trans. 

Is there anything other than a biological male or female? 

12 minutes ago, oscarsdad said:

Maybe the Olympic committee need to rethink their classification of athletes? 

one group who can reverse park and one who can’t? 

Blimey, radical thinking!

That means the Chef at work is woman, who'd have thought it!

On 25/06/2021 at 16:13, Gu5 said:

If two transgenders enter they can’t both win, will one be upset that their plans haven’t worked out or will they just accept it like all other entrants? 

I would expect them to take it like a man.