Afghanistan

oowee

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 16/08/2021 at 11:46, ditchman said:

sitting in front of the t.v OPEN MOUTHED.............the scenes at Kabul airport are truly astounding ...chaotic....worrying

people climbing ...(100's of them) all over moving /taxing heavy lift cargo planes...............jeesus what an utter mess ..

Sadly, just the usual political cluster £***? 

Rarely find a politico in the front line, leaving that to others with more spine but hands tied with restrictions?

Gandalf sums it up succinctly? 

Always left to the ordinary folk to pay the bill?

21 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Reportedly half a million Afghans fleeing the taliban, and heading for Turkey via Iran.
If theyre successful , that will just be the start.

I wonder what their ultimate destination will be ...?

The problem is, due to our extreme left ultra woke policies on immigration, we're now in a position that we haven't got the resources to effectively help genuine refugees,due to the huge numbers of economic migrants we have housed and payed for. 

1 hour ago, bruno22rf said:

Now I feel great, according to Alex Belfield the Afghan men are being given lessons to teach them not to rape women as it's not acceptable in the UK.

Embrace cultural diversity !

I wonder if they are going to teach the use of toilets too ?

2 hours ago, bruno22rf said:

Now I feel great, according to Alex Belfield the Afghan men are being given lessons to teach them not to rape women as it's not acceptable in the UK.

I used to wonder about flat earthers, climate change deniers and even vaccinne sceptics and then you start to understand how they trawl the gutter for knowledge. :good:

Well this family is very glad that the exodus from Kabul airport is over.   My eldest Grandson completed seven of the evacuation flights in his position in the RAF.   (Engineer on the A400).  Carried Afghans, our troops, UK civilians and seven military dogs.   Glad he's safely back in the UK and going to his cousins wedding this weekend.

On 27/08/2021 at 14:05, NoBodyImportant said:

Fun fact: Afghanistan has the largest lithium deposits in the world.  China bought them from The Biden family via Hunter.  

Fun fact; not true.

Chile, Argentina, Australia, China, even the good ol' U, S of A have huge resources of lithium (first three more than Afghanistan), and get this, more easily accessed than Afghanistan lithium.

On 02/09/2021 at 16:56, old man said:

Would you like to borrow my crystal ball?

Germany, because they give more money to asylum seekers than we do?

As a matter of fact Canada has huge lithium deposits also. And we are right next door to the U.S. We also have a few billion barrels of oil handy. 
   All the noise about the west being after oil and lithium in Afghanistan is just ****.

A stupid story was spread last summer about forest fires being lit to get at the lithium more easily. More ****. And I understand it takes about 15 years to develop a lithium mine so getting rid of a few trees today wouldn’t be real useful.

29 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

Amazing nobody has blamed Brexit or did I miss it.

Just made a complete hash of it. Mind for those who rmember Saigon ..............................

wooow..............so you mean brexit caused saigon...............wooww thats thinking out of the box..:good:

3 hours ago, ordnance said:

It was Trumps awful decision, that Biden went along with. 

The decision to leave Afghanistan was a no brainer, it was the awful way Biden did it, allowing the taliban to run straight over the Afghanistan army, endangering allies and leading to the situation that killed all those brave American marines, not to mention British citizens and innocent afganis. Trump wasn't in office how can you possibly blame him? 

1 hour ago, 12gauge82 said:

The decision to leave Afghanistan was a no brainer, it was the awful way Biden did it, allowing the taliban to run straight over the Afghanistan army, endangering allies and leading to the situation that killed all those brave American marines, not to mention British citizens and innocent afganis. Trump wasn't in office how can you possibly blame him? 

Because Trump and his admiration did the deal including releasing 5,000 Taliban prisoners, what did they get in return a promise not to attack American troops, Afghan troops were fair game. What would Trump have done differently once the Taliban overrun the country in a few weeks ?  The deal was done the Taliban would have a free run to try and take over the country, Trump would have done nothing to try and stop them. 

Edited by ordnance

25 minutes ago, ordnance said:

Because Trump and his admiration did the deal including releasing 5,000 Taliban prisoners, what did they get in return a promise not to attack American troops, Afghan troops were fair game. What would Trump have done differently once the Taliban overrun the country in a few weeks ?  The deal was done the Taliban would have a free run to try and take over the country, Trump would have done nothing to try and stop them. 

Its very likely Afghanistan would have fallen to the taliban again, but it very likely wouldn't have been so quick, it was the way biden did it. He didn't even inform the British he was doing it, he endangered our soldiers lives after we went to war for the USA. He's an absolute disgrace and embarrassment. I don't think the US has ever had such an enept leader.