Packam writes love letter

Ian willetts

2 minutes ago, ShootingEgg said:

If a badger ever picked a fight with my other halfs a car I'd be more worried for the car ... Badger would more than likely write it off...

Yep  I had a young friend who bought herself a present after passing her degree. A new mazda sports car. A week late it was in the workshop for a full front body repair having hit a badger on her way home one night. Tough animal.

Strange man! Apparently a blonde one he knew/filmed. What are the chances of him finding it dead in road. Sat in his car stroking it crying and took it home. Ask him if he cried for the one they trapped radio collared and released at Minsmere reserve for Spring Watch. One of the production crew ran it over. Don't Laugh.😉 We have asked. No reply and been kept quiet. If you know the narrow rough roads/tracks round there you wouldn't think it possible.      NB

9 minutes ago, bluesj said:

Cheers.

Did the same 20 odd years ago, but that was a full time job and employed by the Central Science Laboratory who were working on behalf of the government. Did Devon, Cornwall and Dorset. Those fit for purpose were delivered to the nearest veterinary laboratory and those not were bagged and tagged and left for the local district councils to collect having told them were they would be found. Had it been now, would have been sorely tempted to delivery these somewhere else. 10 or more a week would go to the lab's but more in the summer - usually picked in the same areas - holiday makers going back to their accommodation after a day out or just perhaps an evening meal.

48 minutes ago, wymberley said:

Cheers.

Did the same 20 odd years ago, but that was a full time job and employed by the Central Science Laboratory who were working on behalf of the government. Did Devon, Cornwall and Dorset. Those fit for purpose were delivered to the nearest veterinary laboratory and those not were bagged and tagged and left for the local district councils to collect having told them were they would be found. Had it been now, would have been sorely tempted to delivery these somewhere else. 10 or more a week would go to the lab's but more in the summer - usually picked in the same areas - holiday makers going back to their accommodation after a day out or just perhaps an evening meal.

Did it a couple of years ago but the lab made a bit of a cock up of it!

I just pick them up as I find if they are fresh and a courier come to the yard to collect them. I get an email ever month with how many have been collected, how many tested and the number positive. Plus I get emailed the results for the ones I collect. 

7 minutes ago, bluesj said:

Did it a couple of years ago but the lab made a bit of a cock up of it!

I just pick them up as I find if they are fresh and a courier come to the yard to collect them. I get an email ever month with how many have been collected, how many tested and the number positive. Plus I get emailed the results for the ones I collect. 

That's handy. We got the numbers picked and their locations, but the results only went up the chain, never sideways or down.

3 hours ago, wymberley said:

That's handy. We got the numbers picked and their locations, but the results only went up the chain, never sideways or down.

Its nice to know that what you are doing is producing results of  some sort, i think of the 20 (ish) from east sussex tested up to december 3 were positive.