Putin announces 'military operation' in Ukraine.

Dave-G

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, timps said:

Well, if you had actually read my post as a whole  .... *snip*

I've read your original post , and re read it, you tried to draw a comparison that didn't exist , then denied drawing a comparison. 

You fluff it out with a portion of waffle, then go off on a tangent when challenged.

1 hour ago, timps said:

You have zero proof of anything you say but you believe it, so why cannot believe what I say or is it only you that is relieved of your burden of proof when posting your views ?

You know what ? I don't even know what you're trying to say here, the poor grammar and lack of punctuation doesn't help.

You want me to prove my opinion is correct, but if I can't,  I've got to accept yours is correct ?

It's all very confusing , might be better if you just block me.

1 hour ago, Rewulf said:

It's all very confusing , might be better if you just block me.

It’s you that keeps quoting my posts on multiple threads, I only respond to your ramblings on my posts if you don’t want to engage me then just don’t quote me. Believe me when I say debating with you is like baptising a cat … pointless.

Hence why I have left you alone to your views the same cannot be said of you on multiple threads for me.  

I did not draw the conclusion about the American revolution  being relevant,  the post I was responding to did.

It’s not hard to understand I was responding  to a post that mentioned the American revolution and I disagreed about the comparison. You seem to completely miss out the post I was responding too and attribute the whole thing to me. very odd.

If you want me to critique your spelling, grammar and punctuation I’d be here all  month.  I’ve never done that but obviously you think it wins you points in an argument. I understand what is written sorry you have difficulty.  Yep I missed the word  “I”  from between the words “cannot” and “believe” . 
not too sure why that simple mistake offended you so much.

But basically  you can’t understand that you constantly demand proof from others for their views but offer none for your own views. This somehow wins you an argument.    

Where  do I say that you have to accept my views? I don’t,  but I don’t have to accept yours.  Demanding I prove my views whilst you won’t prove yours is a futile debating point that you seem to hang your hat on. 

Edited by timps

40 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

Rewulf - in the many questionable posts you have made, that is a truly poor one

I'm not saying he's thick or anything,  I believe Timps to be an intelligent person, but the lack of punctuation is making it difficult to understand his point,  as one sentence blends into another. 

I believe he might be using a speech to text gizmo? 

19 minutes ago, timps said:

It’s you that keeps quoting my posts on multiple threads, I only respond to your ramblings on my posts if you don’t want to engage me then just don’t quote me. Believe me when I say debating with you is like baptising a cat … pointless.

Then take your own advice. 

20 minutes ago, timps said:

But basically  you can’t understand that you constantly demand proof from others for their views but offer none for your own views. This somehow wins you an argument.    

Where where do I say that you have to accept my views? I don’t,  but I don’t have to accept yours.  Demanding I prove my views whilst you won’t prove yours is a futile debating point that you seem to hang your hat on.

This is what I don't understand. I demand proof? No idea where you get that from? 

You are the one requesting proof for what I say,  if it's an opinion,  how on earth do you prove your views? 

It's like saying I believe in reincarnation,  and you asking me to kill myself and prove it 😏

25 minutes ago, timps said:

If you want me to critique your spelling grammar and punctuation I’d be here all  month.  I’ve never done that but obviously you think it wins you points in an argument. I understand what is written sorry you have difficulty

I'm not sure why it would take all month to critique my spelling ect,  you could just say 'Rewulf,  your spellings rubbish'  which it is. 

What can I say,  I'm imperfect 😉

41 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

You are the one requesting proof for what I say,  if it's an opinion,  how on earth do you prove your views? 

I have never asked for proof, where have I said that?  

Your views are your own and you are entitled to them. 

But you have asked “how do I know”  and that requires proof on my behalf. 

I have an opinion which may be right or wrong so I don’t actually know but I strongly believe it. 

as for the other points. 

No I’m on my phone and texting is not great without glasses  but I don’t see the lack of punctuation just the lack of the word “I” as I posted above.

I did not bring up the issues of grammar you did, I’m just pointing out maybe people in glass houses and all that. 

You told me to block you, I don’t feel the need to block anyone if you don’t want to engage then don’t quote me as I have no intention of blocking but will respond to direct quotes. 

My point about debating is I know there is no point trying to change your views, rightly or wrongly you will stick to them so no point trying to change them. But I will defend my views when quoted by you. 

Edited by timps

26 minutes ago, clangerman said:

think it’s going to cut of in a big way now the fat fool has informed us we must endure fuel bills to support one of these war mongers I seen stupid but he must be on drugs to insult that many voters 

He is the worlds biggest Narcissist.

12 hours ago, timps said:

My point about debating is I know there is no point trying to change your views, rightly or wrongly you will stick to them so no point trying to change them. But I will defend my views when quoted by you. 

Fair play :good:

1 hour ago, clangerman said:

think it’s going to cut of in a big way now the fat fool has informed us we must endure fuel bills to support one of these war mongers I seen stupid but he must be on drugs to insult that many voters 

Its not just BJ , the German chancellor , fuhrer or whatever they call him , is taking a nose dive in the ratings for his support of the war, which is all the more surprising considering its Germany who stands to lose the most if that gas stops ?
He has now promised longer ranged precision artillery of the type Russia is particularly not fond of.
Political suicide, or is someone yanking his chain ?
Its certainly a change for when Germanys contribution to the war effort was a few helmets.

Bidens popularity continues to plummet over Ukraine and other domestic issues ( is it in single digits yet ?) , it cant be long now until they pull the plug on him surely?
I think hes done well to get so far , I gave him 6 months, but that was when I saw Harris replacing him, and its clear that shes hardly any better cognitively :lol:

12 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Fair play :good:

Its not just BJ , the German chancellor , fuhrer or whatever they call him , is taking a nose dive in the ratings for his support of the war, which is all the more surprising considering its Germany who stands to lose the most if that gas stops ?
He has now promised longer ranged precision artillery of the type Russia is particularly not fond of.
Political suicide, or is someone yanking his chain ?
Its certainly a change for when Germanys contribution to the war effort was a few helmets.

Bidens popularity continues to plummet over Ukraine and other domestic issues ( is it in single digits yet ?) , it cant be long now until they pull the plug on him surely?
I think hes done well to get so far , I gave him 6 months, but that was when I saw Harris replacing him, and its clear that shes hardly any better cognitively :lol:

O'l Joe is on another vacation I believe. As for the 'Laughing Cow', how was she ever a lawyer????

The DeSantis' ad is very good. Looking at a future President, perhaps?

24 minutes ago, Penelope said:

The DeSantis' ad is very good. Looking at a future President, perhaps?

:good:

Its how elections are fought and won these days , the efficiency and production values of social and TV media.
That said , I like De Santis, but the American liberal voter hates him.

20 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

:good:

Its how elections are fought and won these days , the efficiency and production values of social and TV media.
That said , I like De Santis, but the American liberal voter hates him.

All the more reason to like him.

The Germans were polled yesterday and 60% were in favour of continued sanctions against Russia and support of the Ukraine. Turns out the German people are appalled at what’s going on and perhaps because of their history. Also there’s a growing realisation they have been set up - their former chancellor is 100% a Russian stooge.

2 minutes ago, Mungler said:

their former chancellor is 100% a Russian stooge.

She grew up the old DDR (the old Russian satellite state of East Germany) despite having been born in Hamburg (West Germany).  Germany has for years had to suffer coalition politics (where minority interests can hold disproportionate power and influence) and the actions of the Greens in persuading her to continue the policy (was started under her predecessor) to decommission coal and the nuclear generating capacity early increased dependence on Russian gas. 

The nuclear decommissioning was a farce because it was due to worries after the Fukushima earthquake/tsunami/power station issue, something that would be impossibly unlikely to ever happen in Germany which is geologically stable and not subject to tsunamis.  https://www.dw.com/en/germany-considers-u-turn-on-nuclear-phaseout/a-62699645

It’s fascinating what’s coming out - Aaron Banks’ wife, anti fracking groups sponsored by Russia, Gerhard Schröder being one of Putin’s besties and sitting on the main board of all the key state owned Russian energy companies.

The conflicts of interest are legion. 

1 hour ago, Mungler said:

The Germans were polled yesterday and 60% were in favour of continued sanctions against Russia and support of the Ukraine. Turns out the German people are appalled at what’s going on and perhaps because of their history. Also there’s a growing realisation they have been set up - their former chancellor is 100% a Russian stooge.

Its interesting they leave out of the poll whether the continued sending of armaments is popular ?
Never the less 60 % ( out of quite a small poll) isnt a massive majority, and it appears to be very dependent on the financial means of the respondents .

Will solidarity with Ukraine hold?

With every week that the war continues, the economic consequences for Germany become more apparent. Nevertheless, the majority of the population still backs the sanctions on Russia. 

Around 60% said they supported measures against Russia even if energy supplies were a problem and that was even if local businesses were disadvantaged. Fifty-seven percent said they supported the measures even if energy and grocery prices continued to rise.

There are major differences between western Germany and the east, where the majority still rejects sanctions on Russia.

Again though, responses differ along party lines. A majority of supporters of the Greens, CDU/CSU, SPD and FDP are in favor of maintaining the sanctions. Eighty percent of AfD voters oppose any sanctions that also have a detrimental effect on the German population.

27 minutes ago, Mungler said:

It’s fascinating what’s coming out - Aaron Banks’ wife, anti fracking groups sponsored by Russia, Gerhard Schröder being one of Putin’s besties and sitting on the main board of all the key state owned Russian energy companies.

Legion ? Are we going to count the Trump presidency and Brexit among them ? :lol:

Aaron banks wife , besides the fact shes Russian , not a shred of evidence to link her or Banks to any nefarious Russian 'plots'
Anti fracking groups, like the labour party , or sabs, made up of fringe characters and loonies, will take money off ANYONE.

Schroders linksto Putin and Russian energy arent secrets, and wasnt a problem until his party felt it embarrassed them !

Youll probably say Im defending Russia her (again) but the comment lacks any real substance.

If you wish to out of hand dismiss everything and anything that is critical of Russia or potentially damaging to Russia, then that’s your belief and bias.

As an aside, the sequential passport numbering story is just warming up. You will of course disagree.

And Schroeder’s links to Putin are no secret (I never said they were) but as a hundred million Germans scratch their head about the mad energy dependency their country now has on Russia, people ask more questions…

Edited by Mungler

5 minutes ago, Mungler said:

If you wish to out of hand dismiss everything and anything that is critical of Russia or potentially damaging to Russia, then that’s your belief and bias.

Im sorry if you took it that way , but that wasnt the intention, I quoted the exact figures you did , but finished the story somewhat, I thought the 60% for sanctions was a little out of context ?

1 hour ago, Mungler said:

Are they legion ? usually legion refers to a vast hordes of 'baddies' , you mentioned err, three ?

Was anything else I said not factual ? 

5 minutes ago, Mungler said:

As an aside, the sequential passport numbering story is just warming up. You will of course disagree. 

No idea about that , couldnt find a story ?

7 minutes ago, Mungler said:

And Schroeder’s links to Putin are no secret (I never said they were) but as a hundred million Germans scratch their head about the mad energy dependency their country now has on Russia, people ask more questions…

They should ask them of the Greens then , as they were the ones who voted to get rid of coal and nuclear , and use 'clean'  Russian gas instead.
Or did Schroder make them do it ?

Edited by Rewulf

54 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

They should ask them of the Greens then , as they were the ones who voted to get rid of coal and nuclear , and use 'clean'  Russian gas instead.
Or did Schroder make them do it ?

It's like a place I worked, they decided that storing bar, moving it and cutting it was time consuming,  costly and dangerous,  so they subbed it out.

They still needed it, but didn't want to deal with it.

3 hours ago, Mungler said:

Wondering if Greta Thundermouth's family has any connection.

Just out of idle curiosity - anyone know any potential long term dangerous implications of leaving oil and gas in the ground if its not extracted? I get its been there a very long time but earthquakes and whatnot might have repercussions of the planet erupting. 

I'll get my hat.

1 hour ago, Dave-G said:

Just out of idle curiosity - anyone know any potential long term dangerous implications of leaving oil and gas in the ground if its not extracted? I get its been there a very long time but earthquakes and whatnot might have repercussions of the planet erupting. 

I'll get my hat.

No sure your hat will cover this one :lol: