Putin announces 'military operation' in Ukraine.

Dave-G

Considering the amount of war material that is supposed to be going in to Ukraine,  where is all of the death & destruction.?  Where is the NEW footage of tanks being blown up and planes and helicopters being shot down.?  It's all  gone quiet like some sort of phoney war.  How can tens of thousands of people survive in Maryupol with no water, food, power, sanitation ect, ect. Now I know that there is a load of unsubstantiated news on various sources but where are the carcasses. ....?

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Minky said:

Considering the amount of war material that is supposed to be going in to Ukraine,  where is all of the death & destruction.?  Where is the NEW footage of tanks being blown up and planes and helicopters being shot down.?  It's all  gone quiet like some sort of phoney war.  How can tens of thousands of people survive in Maryupol with no water, food, power, sanitation ect, ect. Now I know that there is a load of unsubstantiated news on various sources but where are the carcasses. ....?

Sky News plays the same scenes over and over and over.

54 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

If the news is to be believed, in mass graves. 

Yeah, but the images of mass graves that I  have seen  appear to be those of probably / mostly of civilians from Mariupo shellingl.  Not like those of the road of blown up armoured vehicles where there were  bodies all over the place. The coverage that would be expected would be of front line stuff like Kate Adie fix bayonets sort of stuff.

2 minutes ago, Minky said:

Yeah, but the images of mass graves that I  have seen  appear to be those of probably / mostly of civilians from Mariupo shellingl.  Not like those of the road of blown up armoured vehicles where there were  bodies all over the place. The coverage that would be expected would be of front line stuff like Kate Adie fix bayonets sort of stuff.

I really don't know, although our media won't usually show anything too graphic. 

It is obvious and necessary that not to much information is shown as to strengths or weaknesses aren't  shown to an opponent.   It could be that the Russian forces are being drained down slowly without provoking a desperate defence attack like chemical bio or nuke response. Perhaps the allied forces are drawing it out to allow financial measures so that Putin gets removed.  OR is it a similar situation to the Finnish winter war of 1939..40.  There were 3 lines of Finnish defence called the  Mannerheim lines.  General Mannerheim kept all news / press our so that information about how weak the Finnish forces were didn't get out to the Russians for fear of throwing a massive wave of soldiers at the Finns swamping them.  The two conflicts are so similar in the ideas and incompetence of the Russian forces.  The main difference is that Finland didn't get any external military support and Ukraine has been almost buried in modern tech weapons.  Time will tell which way this goes.

14 hours ago, Dave-G said:

I rather thought most recently dead people soil themselves - or maybe news won't show that.

Non of the footage of "alledged " bodies that I've seen have had their trouser removed to check this phenomenon out.

On 24/04/2022 at 07:13, Vince Green said:

I saw some bloke being interviewed in the sky studios who was supposed to be some sort of intelligence expert. He could hardly string a sentence together.  so there may be things happening but it is a war and realistic assessment is difficult.  In all wars successes and failures are generally way over or under stated for lots of reasons. So until something concrete happens, take it all with a pinch of salt.

14 hours ago, Dave-G said:

Regarding bodies we sometimes see laying uncovered on streets: I'm a bit dubious about them being fact as - to be brutal, I rather thought most recently dead people soil themselves - or maybe news won't show that.

No, they dont. 

3 minutes ago, Dougy said:

What's this topic turning into

Got pigeon shooters now that are eggspurts in bodily functions of unfortunate corpses. 

Do we really need the details 🤔 

It's all Dave's fault, too much time and a very vivid imagination!   :rolleyes:

Hmm, Google results suggest defecation does occur, just like some animals we shoot, but not always: and that applies to both front and back. I'm thinking that would show through trousers but then again I've lead a sheltered life.

Seems there's some delicate types that can't relate to real facts of life or death on here and are incapable of challenging why some alleged images of dead people in the street look fake.

Edited by Dave-G

1 hour ago, Dave-G said:

Hmm, Google results suggest defecation does occur, just like some animals we shoot, but not always: and that applies to both front and back. I'm thinking that would show through trousers but then again I've lead a sheltered life.

Seems there's some delicate types that can't relate to real facts of life or death on here and are incapable of challenging why some alleged images of dead people in the street look fake.

well said............

i think ..in some ways the awful thing is.....is that we are becoming very cynicle and suspiceous about everything we see or read..........we have had many years of breaking thro the "mis-reporting" by the media........the media from time to time judge us by their own standards...they think joe bloggs and wendy smith are thickos...i see this time and time again in the editing of film VT's prior to the peice going on air..............it sort of smacks of "...oh chuck that scene in ...it looks good and fits with the story...they wont know anyway"

well media you need to up your game...joe & wendy....are wiseing up very quickly

you will end up reaping what you sow...........be careful

10 minutes ago, ditchman said:

well said............

i think ..in some ways the awful thing is.....is that we are becoming very cynicle and suspiceous about everything we see or read..........we have had many years of breaking thro the "mis-reporting" by the media........the media from time to time judge us by their own standards...they think joe bloggs and wendy smith are thickos...i see this time and time again in the editing of film VT's prior to the peice going on air..............it sort of smacks of "...oh chuck that scene in ...it looks good and fits with the story...they wont know anyway"

well media you need to up your game...joe & wendy....are wiseing up very quickly

you will end up reaping what you sow...........be careful

Indeed, I try to check up a bit more on what I'm told or shown these days with so much Horlicks been bandied about, can't think of a better way to decide on those unfortunates in the photo if they werent fake.

Its looking like I ought to have heeded the warnings I was given about booster jabs may have been correct if what is being reported on UKNews is correct - according to UK gov facts too... but I went ahead with it believing in Gov.

On 28/04/2022 at 18:07, Dave-G said:

Hi Dave, 

with regards to PW member's being delicate or unable to relate with death I personally dont see why the need to inspect corpse shown on TV images for delectation to cure your curiosity. 

Maybe you'd be more satisfied to have the real close up images of smashed limbs and stench of ruptured intestines from shrapnel or gunshot wounds. 

Or maybe its just a huge film set set up by Walt Disney.  

3 minutes ago, Dougy said:

Hi Dave, 

with regards to PW member's being delicate or unable to relate with death I personally dont see why the need to inspect corpse shown on TV images for delectation to cure your curiosity. 

This. The fact they’re dead should be enough. 
In my experience dead people do not as a rule empty themselves, not even if that death is traumatic unless pressure by whatever cause, causes it. 

Anyway. ...l on the six o'clock news they stated that fighting in the southeast was intense and that Ukrainian forces were sustaining heavy losses BUT that the Russians were  taking enormous losses.  So when are we going too get some front line action.  How much cannon fodder is Putin going to throw into the mix.? At what point does the Russian army run out of men, munitions and the will of the conscript army to keep getting slaughtered. ?  There's going to be a fair amount of scrap iron out there.  It's just like a re run of the Finnish winter war of 39..40 with the exception that this time round the west is supplying the vast amounts of munitions.   Lets hope that Ukraine doesn't run out of men to use them.

38 minutes ago, Minky said:

Anyway. ...l on the six o'clock news they stated that fighting in the southeast was intense and that Ukrainian forces were sustaining heavy losses BUT that the Russians were  taking enormous losses.  So when are we going too get some front line action.  How much cannon fodder is Putin going to throw into the mix.? At what point does the Russian army run out of men, munitions and the will of the conscript army to keep getting slaughtered. ?  There's going to be a fair amount of scrap iron out there.  It's just like a re run of the Finnish winter war of 39..40 with the exception that this time round the west is supplying the vast amounts of munitions.   Lets hope that Ukraine doesn't run out of men to use them.

been reported that there are 20,000 foreighn troops out there