What a DOUGHNUT! repeat Offender.

TIGHTCHOKE

Would you Adam and Eve it?

https://metro.co.uk/2022/09/26/duke-of-norfolk-who-organised-queens-funeral-banned-from-driving-17452331/

When repeatedly caught using his phone while driving, the Duke of Norfolk pleaded that he needed his Driving Licence.

My contempt for his appalling attitude is growing daily.

Absolutely disgusting behaviour, how can he plead that losing his licence would cause difficultys with the crowning charade, he is worth £100 million-can he not afford a driver? If your average Joe pleaded that losing his licence would make it difficult to work he would,99% of the time, be waving goodbye to it, I'm getting sick of the wealthy and their ability to get away with everything. 

15 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Would you Adam and Eve it?

https://metro.co.uk/2022/09/26/duke-of-norfolk-who-organised-queens-funeral-banned-from-driving-17452331/

When repeatedly caught using his phone while driving, the Duke of Norfolk pleaded that he needed his Driving Licence.

My contempt for his appalling attitude is growing daily.

Being worth an estimated 100 million, he can easily afford a full time chauffeur so no hardship there.

It would be in the hands of the Magistrates BUT ask any Magistrate today and they will tell you their hands are tied and most are very frutrated. My wife looked to applying to be a Magistrate and a local farmer who already served on the bench told her not to bother as she would evaporate  on learning of the constraints placed upon them.

Gone are the days when local Mgistrates where feared.

44 minutes ago, bruno22rf said:

Absolutely disgusting behaviour, how can he plead that losing his licence would cause difficultys with the crowning charade, he is worth £100 million-can he not afford a driver? If your average Joe pleaded that losing his licence would make it difficult to work he would,99% of the time, be waving goodbye to it, I'm getting sick of the wealthy and their ability to get away with everything. 

Unless I’ve read it wrong, he hasn’t got away with anything! Hasn’t he been banned? 

1 hour ago, Agriv8 said:

jumped a red light while on his phone. What a pompous numpty who obviously needs to understand that rules and hands free apply to all

There are plenty of normal numpties out there, just because he has a title and money doenst mean he'll act any differently than many road users.   

Why people are getting that wound up when this happens daily and some people get let off and others don't... No matter what "class" they are 

55 minutes ago, ShootingEgg said:

There are plenty of normal numpties out there, just because he has a title and money doenst mean he'll act any differently than many road users.   

Why people are getting that wound up when this happens daily and some people get let off and others don't... No matter what "class" they are 

Nowt to do with class but expecting to be let off on a repeat offence and not learning his lesson gives me the right to call him a numpty.

I know of no one who has been let off btw. Seen many on phones but only see police doing the job of social services!

but he caused an offence jumping a red light while on the phone. I got done many many years ago and paid for hands free  kits to be fitted to my cars before this became standard fit. So I did not get caught again.

Agriv8 

13 hours ago, Townie said:

Couldn't afford the hands free option on his BMW apparently.

This my first thought. See people on phones all the time, BMW/Mercs/Range Rovers etc. all have build in Bluetooth. Even if its not a regularly driven car by the driver it only takes a few minutes to setup, I'm sure with his est. £100m one of his minions could do it for him.

Being a mere mortal and young I could barely afford the car secondhand never mind options on a new one. 😛 Had rigged up handsfree with an aux lead from poundland, guess how much that cost....

Titles and £ should mean damn all, but we all know it has an influence. Sometimes an example needs made.

No moral high ground here, just common sense and a few lessons learned, been caught speeding and no seat belt previously.