Wasted air ?.

samboy

6 minutes ago, samboy said:

Hi gang.

I'm not tight but i wonder how much air is wasted from your dive bottle every time you release the bleed valve after filling your air rifle.

Just a thought.

Hard to judge but the longer the hose the more air is 'wasted'. I would think very little though.

24 minutes ago, samboy said:

Hi gang.

I'm not tight but i wonder how much air is wasted from your dive bottle every time you release the bleed valve after filling your air rifle.

Just a thought.

Charge it in a large plastic bag :good:

They changed the hose to smaller bore and as Steve says shorter the better, but i doubt its enough to worry about. 

4 hours ago, samboy said:

I'm not tight but i wonder how much air is wasted from your dive bottle every time you release the bleed valve after filling your air rifle

Surely there’s more to life than this? Like Drugs, sex, and rock and roll, for example……….🤩🤩

5 hours ago, samboy said:

Hi gang.

Just a thought.

Oh come on , really!

23 minutes ago, Bobba said:

Surely there’s more to life than this? Like Drugs, sex, and rock and roll, for example……….🤩🤩

That's the spirit lad.

@samboy seriously,  how much do you shoot, if I was genuinely worried about the air in the hose I'd buy a compressor. 

My bottle has been out of date for a year  but it's only just dropped below 200bar so I've another few months before it needs a test.

9 hours ago, samboy said:

Hi gang.

Just a thought.

Not as much as is wasted by you huffing and puffing when trying to recharge the guns cylinder by using a pump

On 28/11/2022 at 23:35, Bobba said:

Boba in a past life before wife , Kids , morgages  etc I would agree ! post these changes in life  - going for a morning constitutional without interruption is classed as a BIG win . just making the point ?

Agriv8 

19 hours ago, Agriv8 said:

Boba in a past life before wife , Kids , morgages  etc I would agree ! post these changes in life  - going for a morning constitutional without interruption is classed as a BIG win . just making the point ?

Agriv8 

Agriv8
It was a tongue in cheek comment😇

Been there, through it now and for me (60 yrs together) the trip was worth it. Good luck on your journey.

PS. my big win (while also studying for exams) was a morning in the woods plinking squidgers.

Regards

Bob

1 hour ago, Bobba said:

Agriv8
It was a tongue in cheek comment😇

Been there, through it now and for me (60 yrs together) the trip was worth it. Good luck on your journey.

PS. my big win (while also studying for exams) was a morning in the woods plinking squidgers.

Regards

Bob

I know - I even refill my BSA bull pup before heading into the farm for rat shooting regardless of how many shots were taken the time before.

Well done sir - Me  married 20 together nearly 30 and still happy - though Mrs Agriv8 won't bath the dog when I bring her back filthy from a days beating which she indicates was not part of the wedding vows !?!?!. 

Agriv8

On 01/12/2022 at 10:59, manthing said:

It's a pity the quick couplers don't self seal like the airline for my tools or the hydraulics on a tractor, or do they? Always release the pressure via the tap first, will have a look.

I doubt the airline for your tools is at 200bar!

I treat compressed air like electricity. 

2 minutes ago, Mice! said:

I doubt the airline for your tools is at 200bar!

3 minutes ago, Mice! said:

Always release the pressure via the tap first, will have a look.

He's also answered his own question.

Ever tried mating hydraulic couplers when they're both under pressure?  Won't happen unless you apply lots of force.  The couplers are sealed, not only by the spring pressure but also the hydraulic pressure

The PCP quick couplers are of the venting design for a reason.