In the dog house

WalkedUp

I’m in big trouble with my wife, I sold my ShotKam to fund a mini air rifle for my sons for Christmas. I went to Cheshire Gunroom to pick up the Snowpeak PP750 (pistol with extendable stock that they can use as a rifle). Feeling it in the flesh I just didn’t love it. Didn’t gel with the Kral NP-03 either. I was resigned to leaving  empty handed when the salesman suggested looking at the BSA JSR Ultra. What a beautiful miniature gun, I was instantly smitten.

My wife is livid with me being so irresponsible with money. Surely the joy I’ll get from seeing them knock down squirrels and magpies is surely worth the marital disharmony?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, WalkedUp said:

My wife is livid with me being so irresponsible with money. Surely the joy I’ll get from seeing them knock down squirrels and magpies is surely worth the marital disharmony?

Only if you got the 12ft/lb version 🤣🤣

But the lads will love it.

Try the following 

1, it’s an investment 

2, it dad son bonding time

3, it to teach respect and trust

4, its something we can all enjoy 

if that don’t work blame Brexit and the conservatives! 

but strongly believe that kids face tomorrow will win her over !

Seasons greetings Agriv8 

Can't really see what all the fuss is about if it ain't leaving household funds short :lol: , when I just recently bought another gun my wife questioned why I needed another one as I already had four in the gun cabinet , well I said it was a good time to buy a decent s x s as no one want them and you can pick them up for two for a penny , then she replied , if that is the case ( my dear ) then you should have bought two as a half penny is no longer legal tender , maybe she was right so I am now on the lookout for another one :drinks:

My mrs bought the kids Xmas Eve boxes today . Inside was slingshots for the older boys (we have 4 boys 2 girls ) 

she demanded we go in the garden and play 😃

10 hours ago, London Best said:

I once took my OH out for a romantic evening lamping for our wedding anniversary.

Nothing more romantic than Maccies by interior car light 😂

10 hours ago, marsh man said:

Can't really see what all the fuss is about if it ain't leaving household funds short :lol: , when I just recently bought another gun my wife questioned why I needed another one as I already had four in the gun cabinet , well I said it was a good time to buy a decent s x s as no one want them and you can pick them up for two for a penny , then she replied , if that is the case ( my dear ) then you should have bought two as a half penny is no longer legal tender , maybe she was right so I am now on the lookout for another one :drinks:

My partner questioned how many were taken by the police a few years ago . I said all 15 😂. Her parents faces tho . 
my FEO’s boot when they returned was a bit full 😂

Edited by team tractor

4 hours ago, Dougy said:

Can't understand why she would be moaning at all. After all it's got 9% off. 

🤣🤣🤣

5 hours ago, Walker570 said:

I believe I have said it before. Get 'em trained from day one and I am not talking about a puppy.

She used to be so well trained too, I suppose it happens when you spend too much shooting and not enough time ‘training’ ...  likewise I’m not talking about a puppy 🤣

4 hours ago, Agriv8 said:

but strongly believe that kids face tomorrow will win her over !

That’s the key I’m waiting for, I hoped she’d be asleep by the time I got home! Normally if I buy a new gun it is second hand so I take an old slip and she’s none the wiser... but this one was in a shiny box🙈

4 hours ago, Krico woodcock said:

Best of luck with your new investment walkedup . Your sons will love it, and so will you.  And the enjoyment with it will last long after your wife cools down. 

Thank you 😊 

3 hours ago, Mice! said:

Fantastic, and I believe the action goes straight into a full size stock for when there bigger, or for you 🤣

Yes it’s ideal, I’ll keep my peepers peeled for a spare full sized one. I’m faithful to my 20+ year old AA S410 so it can be for them to grow into 👍

2 hours ago, marsh man said:

if it ain't leaving household funds short

That’s her main issue 🤣🙈🙈🙈

1 hour ago, London Best said:

I once took my OH out for a romantic evening lamping for our wedding anniversary.

That’s sounds perfect, I normally go out on New Year’s Eve and enjoy the peace. There is a great Bill Shankley quote that goes something like this:

Interviewer: “Bill, is it true that you took your wife to see Rochdale play last week as an anniversary present?”

Shankley: “No, that’s absolute rubbish. Of course I wouldn’t have taken her as an anniversary present. Do you really think I would have got married during the season?”

Interviewer: ...

Shankley: “Of course I wouldn’t. It was her birthday, and anyway it wasn’t Rochdale, it was Rochdale Reserves.” 

1 hour ago, team tractor said:

she demanded we go in the garden and play 😃

Looks great fun 👍👍👍