Countryfile Feedback

Lloyd90

Whether you loved or hated the shooting element of Countryfile last Sunday, I felt it was positive the BBC were willing to show shooting at all. 

The NGO has posted the following, and I agree that as many people as possible should write to them to say how much they enjoyed seeing shooting featured in a positive light and how we’d like to see more of it. 

I am sure the anti will write in so we need to show they are just the vocal minority … speak up or lose your sport!! 

NGO post and link below: 

While taking part in Countryfile on Sunday evening may have been a risk, the NGO believe it was a risk worth taking. Hopefully you – our members – agree and were pleased with the angles that David Pooler and his team at Rhug were able to discuss, and how gamekeepers and their work was portrayed.

There were many topics not covered in the Countryfile episode which both you and we would have liked to talk more about, including the conservation benefits of shooting (which were touched on but not delved into more deeply).

However, if we as a community want the BBC and other broadcasters to cover topics like gamekeeping, shooting and wildlife management on TV or radio, we need to have our voices heard and to show the BBC that there was a positive reaction to Sunday night’s programme. 

With that in mind, we would like to suggest that any of you who enjoyed the programme visit the BBC feedback page and let them know how pleased you were to see your hobby or profession portrayed on Countryfile. We need to be seen to be supporting programmes such as these; if the BBC receive only negative feedback, similar programmes are less likely to happen in future. 

Here is the link: https://www.bbc.co.uk/contact/comments-feedback/

For those who may worry about any personal details I received this after submitting my comments.

Thanks for taking the time to send us your views, we appreciate your feedback and are glad to know you enjoy our work.
This is an automated message (sorry that we can’t reply individually) to let you know that we’ve read your feedback and will report it overnight to staff across the BBC for them to read too (after removing any personal details). This includes our programme makers, commissioning editors and senior management. 
Thanks again for contacting us and we hope you continue to enjoy our work. 
Best wishes
BBC Audience Services.

NB: Please do not reply to this email. It includes a reference number but comes from an automated account which is not monitored.

Done -

Dear Sir / Madam,

I just wish to say how refreshing it was to see informative and neutral coverage of game shooting on national television. As a farmer and someone who shoots game, I have often felt there was a significant disconnect between how the BBC portrays the countryside, and my own personal experience of it. This episode however was incredibly gratifying.

My only suggestion is that it would also be good to see the less exclusive 'everyman's' types of shooting - wildfowling, pigeon shooting, shooting over ferrets, duck over flight ponds, DIY shoots and the benefits they bring - the sort of things you can walk into most rural pubs and hear normal people of all ages, on normal wages talk about with enthusiasm.

That aside - more of the same please!

Edited by PeterHenry

1 hour ago, PeterHenry said:

Done -

Dear Sir / Madam,

I just wish to say how refreshing it was to see informative and neutral coverage of game shooting on national television. As a farmer and someone who shoots game, I have often felt there was a significant disconnect between how the BBC portrays the countryside, and my own personal experience of it. This episode however was incredibly gratifying.

My only suggestion is that it would also be good to see the less exclusive 'everyman's' types of shooting - wildfowling, pigeon shooting, shooting over ferrets, duck over flight ponds, DIY shoots and the benefits they bring - the sort of things you can walk into most rural pubs and hear normal people of all ages, on normal wages talk about with enthusiasm.

Excellent 

1 hour ago, PeterHenry said:

Done -

Dear Sir / Madam,

Excellent post. 👍

1 hour ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Oh sorry, mine was sent in earlier in the week.

No need to say sorry, just an observation, I do understand that others may have responded elsewhere but in general we are sometimes a little apathetic when it comes to defending our sport, would you not agree?