Looking forward to things getting better in Scotland now Krankie is gone? Maybe not so fast.

serrac

So 97.99% of the Scottish population is white....how are his assertions surprising or indeed an issue?

White Scottish people make up the largest portion of the population at 88.09%.

White British (7.38%),

other Whites (1.54%),

White Irish (0.98%),

Pakistani (0.63%),

Chinese (0.32%),

Indian (0.30%),

Mixed (0.25%),

other South Asian (0.12%),

African (0.10%),

Bangladeshi (0.04%),

Caribbean (0.04%)

Black Scottish or other Black (0.02%). 

Edited by Mickeydredd

Have you met him?

Thankfully no. It's just like Lenny Henry complaining about the lack of black people on TV. He clearly hasn't seen any adverts lately.

Just what was he hoping to achieve other than stirring up trouble. He rattled off a number of jobs where the job holder is white. Has he been round to all these people and questioned how they got the job and said that a non-white person should be doing it instead?

I think not.

1 minute ago, Gordon R said:

Thankfully no. It's just like Lenny Henry complaining about the lack of black people on TV. He clearly hasn't seen any adverts lately.

Just what was he hoping to achieve other than stirring up trouble. He rattled off a number of jobs where the job holder is white. Has he been round to all these people and questioned how they got the job and said that a non-white person should be doing it instead?

I think not.

Brilliant! but there only a couple of them that keep getting all the work.   :w00t:

1 hour ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Brilliant! but there only a couple of them that keep getting all the work.   :w00t:

Maybe, just maybe, there are only a couple of them capable of doing the 'work'   ?    🤔

From what I have seen there are some ruddy awful actresses and actors around, regardless of colour. To give a lousy actor the role, just because of their colour   ??

Edited by Westley

18 minutes ago, Westley said:

Maybe, just maybe, there are only a couple of them capable of doing the 'work'   ?    🤔

From what I have seen there are some ruddy awful actresses and actors around, regardless of colour. To give a lousy actor the role, just because of their colour   ??

Not just here.

My mums family were Scottish.  I grew up with a lovely family but the grievance culture was ever present.

They blame every thing on the English and have done for generations.

Even to committing Highland Divisions to the worst of the fighting in the first world war. Everything is a conspiracy, Everything is a grievance 

It's easier to blame others than to accept your own shortcomings. Scotland is far from ideally placed for life in the 21st century.

Virtually no industry, the land is poor for agriculture. They claim to have an oil industry but never owned it. Now it's dying anyway.

What left for Scotland ?

3 hours ago, Gordon R said:

I think not.

Fair enough.

Just trying to square your description of the man you HAVEN'T met as a "racist simpleton" wIth my own summation, given that I HAVE met him and found him to be very personable, courteous and highly intelligent.

But I'm sure you're right. Aren't you always? 

1 hour ago, Vince Green said:

My mums family were Scottish.  I grew up with a lovely family but the grievance culture was ever present.

Even to committing Highland Divisions to the worst of the fighting in the first world war. Everything is a conspiracy, Everything is a grievance 

It's easier to blame others than to accept your own shortcomings. Scotland is far from ideally placed for life in the 21st century.

Virtually no industry, the land is poor for agriculture. They claim to have an oil industry but never owned it. Now it's dying anyway.

What left for Scotland ?

Er.....the fishing    ?   ( but not for long)

2 hours ago, Vince Green said:

What left for Scotland ?

Fill every available hill with wind farms and sell the juice it produces!

big business and government backed IIRC

Agriv8

4 hours ago, aldivalloch said:

Fair enough.

Just trying to square your description of the man you HAVEN'T met as a "racist simpleton" wIth my own summation, given that I HAVE met him and found him to be very personable, courteous and highly intelligent.

Highly intelligent? Did he not get caught driving without insurance when he was the transport minister?

aldivalloch - he might be intelligent by your standards, but anyone who peddles the rubbish that he does is thick in my book.

Highly intelligent? Did he not get caught driving without insurance when he was the transport minister?

I rest my case.

Where oh where is Rab C Nessbit going to get his booze and flag money if they do go Indy.?  Didn't some places in Scotland have to be helped big time because the people didn't even have shoes.  Can't be that bad can it.?  A cranky woman friend of mine, ( not wee jimmy) has emigrated to right up the top of Scotland.  God knows why.  Ever since she has moved up there it has rained, had gails, had lots of snow.  Lots of ice all in all its been  a bad decision in my opinion. It's a shame because she's a good sort and a very good shot.  Just a lunatic.  Had  A lovely place down here.  I don't expect that she'll get back down here again due to house and land prices. A one way conveyor. Shame we had good days shooting.  I feel sorry for her husband.

Edited by Minky

47 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

aldivalloch - he might be intelligent by your standards, but anyone who peddles the rubbish that he does is thick in my book.

I rest my case.

So, by inference, anyone who commits an offence, regardless of the nature and circumstances, is thick? Gosh, by your reasoning my one and only speeding ticket must have had a catastrophic effect on my IQ.

How nice to be so confident in your self-righteousness. Can't help wondering what colour the sky is in YOUR world, though.

Anyway, I'm done and out. Sick fed up of the volume of prejudice and thinly veiled bigotry on "Off Topic", which seems increasingly to be the preserve of a group of individuals whose only participation in shooting is shooting their mouths off.

Bye.

8 hours ago, aldivalloch said:

Gosh, by your reasoning my one and only speeding ticket must have had a catastrophic effect on my IQ.

If that was the case I am surprised I can even type this..... 😁 however you are getting your responses mixed up. It was @buttonwho called his intelligence into account, not over a speeding issue but for driving without insurance when he was transport minister. A bit like you local vicar being found out that he is a satanist 😆

@Gordon R was on about the claptrap he peddles

My wife done some work for the Mitfords - apparently Hitler was a very nice and polite man

10 hours ago, Minky said:

Where oh where is Rab C Nessbit going to get his booze and flag money if they do go Indy.?  Didn't some places in Scotland have to be helped big time because the people didn't even have shoes.  Can't be that bad can it.?  A cranky woman friend of mine, ( not wee jimmy) has emigrated to right up the top of Scotland.  God knows why.  Ever since she has moved up there it has rained, had gails, had lots of snow.  Lots of ice all in all its been  a bad decision in my opinion. It's a shame because she's a good sort and a very good shot.  Just a lunatic.  Had  A lovely place down here.  I don't expect that she'll get back down here again due to house and land prices. A one way conveyor. Shame we had good days shooting.  I feel sorry for her husband.

Had a acquaintance (not a mate) move from Edinbrugh to Orkney bought a small holding hadnt a clue what he was going to do just wanted out the rat race