Lineker and the Beeb

aberisle

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 09/03/2023 at 09:12, ditchman said:

i think he is becoming arrogant.....he thinks as he is so wonderful and so well paid he can say what he wants....a common trait among people like him............he is employed as a football pundit....and should stick to reporting on football....im not interested in his politics....infact im not interested in him at all

You THINK he's BECOMING arrogant?

He has been an ARROGANT **** forever!

He is just another nobody who thinks he is too important to be sacked. He believes he can face them down.

Pride comes before a fall,

I predict he has just started an argument they absolutely can't let him win.

Ian Wright and Alan Shearer should be very careful who's side they come down on because they could easily be replaced

Edited by Vince Green

2 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

If the BBC do back down with regard to his contract and its implied impartiality it will just open the flood gates to all the elevated nobodies who wish to off an opinion.

They can't let him win. The whole licence thing is in doubt as it is. The BBC is not a private company, they have a charter and have to adhere to its terms

23 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

I predict he has just started an argument they absolutely can't let him win.

This /\.  The underlying questions are:-

Who actually runs the BBC, the Director General, or the 'star presenters'?

Is the DG prepared to take firm action to preserve the impartiality required by the BBC's charter?

22 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

This /\.  The underlying questions are:-

Who actually runs the BBC, the Director General, or the 'star presenters'?

Is the DG prepared to take firm action to preserve the impartiality required by the BBC's charter?

To be honest I wish all football would move to Sky, I for one would not miss it, or its presenters who are paid far to much for what they do.

26 minutes ago, old'un said:

To be honest I wish all football would move to Sky, I for one would not miss it, or its presenters who are paid far to much for what they do.

I agree.  I don't have any 'paid' television other than BBC & Amazon Prime - and I mainly have that for the free deliveries (though I do enjoy Clarkson). 

I don't follow any football anyway, so no loss for me.  As I remarked earlier in the thread - I have probably had Lineker on my screen for more minutes on Walkers crisp adverts than MotD.

Edited by JohnfromUK

1 hour ago, old'un said:

Exactly  3 blinking hours  , I thought a game  last 90 minutes, and they cancelled  Emerdale  and Corrie .

4 minutes ago, johnphilip said:

Exactly  3 blinking hours  , I thought a game  last 90 minutes, and they cancelled  Emerdale  and Corrie .

Exactly the cheek of themselves, people - mostly mums and wives - arrange their evening meals around soaps (and quiz shows).

It appears he has been asked to tone it down, but has refused. They might have happy to cave in with a promise of good behaviour from now on, but Lineker has refused.

He has forced them to be braver than they thought possible. He has forced their hand and he has to go.

He won't be missed - wooden as they come. If he takes Shearer with him, so be it. Another excellent footballer, with zero personality.