16 gauge shells

Just dropped the box off. A mate of his was clearing his father's stuff following his death. Got rid of 12 shotguns for peanuts and handed a couple of thousand shells into the Police Station. I nearly cried.

If anyone lives around Bolton area - more than welcome to have them. Free leather cartridge belt too.

Yes. I've two AYA Cosmos 16 bore, a French self-opening 16 bore Manufrance and, just purchased, a 16 bore FN Browning A-5. Until four years ago I had a pair of single trigger sidelock self-openers. Being tall the lesser size of the sixteen offsets the extra weight from having to have a longer length stock.

1 hour ago, Gordon R said:

Just dropped the box off. A mate of his was clearing his father's stuff following his death. Got rid of 12 shotguns for peanuts and handed a couple of thousand shells into the Police Station. I nearly cried.

If anyone lives around Bolton area - more than welcome to have them. Free leather cartridge belt too.

BUM'!

i was working in Bolton today

i acquired a very nice 16g SxS from that nice Mr Vokes just before Xmas

6 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

Diver One - at the moment they are going nowhere. Maybe next time you are around Bolton. 🙂

I have a job to do in Blackburn after Easter, not sure when. Bolton is on the way back ish

ill message you when I know to see if they are still available, thanks 

My 16 bore SXS is an ex rabbit bosher via a gent on this very forum.

lovley to carry and is of Swiss German Origin!

still getting to grips with it but so far enjoying getting my eye in with a few 16 bore shells from another kind gent on this forum!

Agriv8

F4410137-CAF5-4F09-9260-477B5D79E19C.jpeg

2 hours ago, alan123shooting said:

In deed he is, I purchased an very nice Lincoln prestige in 16 bore from him, which I think he regretted selling , a pleasure to shoot, but hard hitting, and he is an absolute gent.

I did regret selling the 16 bore Prestige Alan, but I am pleased that you get on well with it and am delighted that it couldn`t have found a better home. It wasn`t long therefore afterwards that I purchased a 16 bore Jubilee, similar to the Prestige, but without the sideplates as attached photos. The gun came with a Silvers pad, but I made a wooden butt pad for it which I thought was more in keeping with the gun and it also gave me the correct LOP.

3 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Old Boggy is a 16 bore fan!

I certainly am and have shot with 16 bores, mainly side by sides for about 50 years. Attached is my current SxS a G.Bate BLNE plus some of the 16 SxS

4 hours ago, Stimo22 said:

Use a W W Greener 16 bore for all my game shooting nice and light to carry and lovely to look at 1936. Just to far away from you

9E171D28-B78D-4560-B3C0-DF519454FC2E.jpeg

s  I`ve owned over the years, C.Hellis BLNE, W.H.Symons BLNE, W.R.Pape BLE and an AYA 400 BLNE plus a couple of other Pape BLEs that I never photographed.

I`ve always hankered about owning a 16 bore Greener, so you are very lucky Stimo, that is a lovely gun.

IMG_3380.JPG

IMG_3381.JPG

IMG_3383.JPG

IMG_3420.JPG

IMG_1359.JPG

abc 246.jpg

Hellis 16g.jpg

Pape Ejector(June 2013) 018.jpg

Pape Ejector(June 2013) 016.jpg

AYA 400 002.jpg

6 hours ago, alan123shooting said:

Here is Old Boggy’s Prestige that purchased from him, I fitted a thicker wooden pad from Fair the makers need to blend it in better at a later date 

B0D937BC-AC54-4F89-9BB1-64CE7BF13F8C.jpeg

A473301E-BC67-4B00-B79F-F06A06ED5373.jpeg

5FFBD61C-9979-48D7-80E1-892D81998712.jpeg

Ah, that brings back some happy memories. Have had quite a few pigeons, a few mallard and teal and the odd pheasant with that little beauty.

My records show that the original LOP was 14 1/4, so I`m guessing it`s now around 14 5/8  to 14 3/4. Thanks for posting Alan.

OB