Wasn’t expecting that!

Scully

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Scully said:

Watching the snooker and some protestors ( Just Stop Oil I believe ) have brought the session to a halt. 
What gives anyone the right to think they have the right to interfere with the lives of others going about their legal business? Boils my urine! 

As demonstrations go it was lamentable. One never made it to the table, the other's T-shirt was so creased you couldn't actually read what it actually said. It was really very pathetic. And annoying. Idiots. I can't believe they genuinely think this is actually going to endear themselves to anyone. I could see a point to it if it was motor racing, but snooker? Really? What a pair of spanners. 

58 minutes ago, chrisjpainter said:

As demonstrations go it was lamentable. One never made it to the table, the other's T-shirt was so creased you couldn't actually read what it actually said. It was really very pathetic. And annoying. Idiots. I can't believe they genuinely think this is actually going to endear themselves to anyone. I could see a point to it if it was motor racing, but snooker? Really? What a pair of spanners. 

Very good, but imagine them running out at a motor racing event and getting ran over, or the crowd getting hold of them

Not much chance of the snooker audience turning ugly. 

1 hour ago, chrisjpainter said:

This is adding more weight to the government banning all protests. Then we all will be in a right pickle

17 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

The protestors have no self doubt. But I have a question to ask

Who is pulling their strings? 

Wouldn't be surprised if it could be traced back to a meeting at a Ski Resort. 

33 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

If there is a reluctance to send these morons to prison, I suggest crippling fines, which might ruin their future.

There is a reluctance to send anyone to prison. More is the pity.

And how many people who receive fines actually pay them? Not many, because there is nobody to chase them up they just ignore the fine and get away with it.

It was a very pathetic display.  However, the objective was achieved: they disrupted a major televised sporting event and got their name credited with the act.  As much as it pains to say so, they will have won themselves a few more sheep as followers no doubt.

I'm wondering if snooker has attracted this protest because they've switched title sponsor of the world champs to Cazoo?  A firm that deals in nasty cars with their nasty oil etc etc.... ?

You never got this with BetFred!  Maybe this will be a one-off sponsorship.  There isn't a Just Stop Betting is there?!

It’s just the arrogance of these people; that empty headed belief that they believe they have the right to disrupt the lives and vandalise the property of others. Those that puncture or deflate tyres belonging to the owners of 4x4’s, or superglue themselves to roads etc. It enrages me, it really does. 

8 minutes ago, London Best said:

I suggest crippling!

It was me voicing my opinion of what I would like to do to those who poured milk over the floors and display counters in F&M and others, which got me banned from Twitter! 😂

11 hours ago, Gordon R said:

If there is a reluctance to send these morons to prison, I suggest crippling fines, which might ruin their future.

10 hours ago, Vince Green said:

There is a reluctance to send anyone to prison. More is the pity.

And how many people who receive fines actually pay them? Not many, because there is nobody to chase them up they just ignore the fine and get away with it.

>"Yes, let's just use the power of the state to punish people that protest when it's something we don't agree with or find inconvenient, that definitely won't backfire in future when we want to protest about something that affects us."

Is boot polish your favourite flavour of ice cream?

12 minutes ago, Smudger687 said:

>"Yes, let's just use the power of the state to punish people that protest when it's something we don't agree with or find inconvenient, that definitely won't backfire in future when we want to protest about something that affects us."

The right to peaceful protest is fine, this is not peaceful it is criminal, and when you commit a criminal act you should expect punisment as laid out in the law.

9 minutes ago, welsh1 said:

The right to peaceful protest is fine, this is not peaceful it is criminal, and when you commit a criminal act you should expect punisment as laid out in the law.

And when the corrupt politicians remove your right to protest, as they almost certainly will, will you still be in favour of punishment for those that illegally protest?

Legality means nothing if crooks make laws.

Edited by Smudger687

10 minutes ago, Smudger687 said:

And when the corrupt politicians remove your right to protest, as they almost certainly will, will you still be in favour of punishment for those that illegally protest?

Legality means nothing if crooks make laws.

So you are happy with protests like sabs where people have been attacked, and i take it you are happy with the may day protests where property is damaged, buildings defaced,windows shattered ,fires started.

Peaceful protest is fine,but  once you decide that you can break a "little law" to get noticed where do you stop?

Do you agree with the protest at the snooker? it was aggravated trespass, criminal damage, and if you do agree with it would you object with a protest on land you were shooting at where they sprayed you and your vehicle with paint? or destroyed your decoys and hide? or perhaps you would just stand back and allow a protest at a clay ground you were at where they destroy the clay machines and spray paint all over the place.
Or how about accepting that peta have a right to scratch your car and puncture the tyres, smash the windows in protest about you being a shooter, do you think that would be ok?

49 minutes ago, Smudger687 said:

They vandalised property and caused criminal damage. Do you think that’s acceptable? 

On another note , i check Local Exhaust Ventilation systems reports (LEV) and one of the big things is the effect that fine dust is having on lungs, and looking at that cloud of dust travelling through the air i feel sorry for anyone who has breathed it in.