Coronation.

oowee

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

44 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Well I found my Boy in all of the coverage, clocked him for about 4 seconds!   :cool1:

One extremely proud Dad.   :good:

Brilliant. 
But did you see me too? My youngest was photographed in Piccadilly as he insisted on being patriotically dressed ( woman on the tube 🚇 discreetly took pics and many were smiling) 

Having seen the King on the Mall on the Friday by pure chance as we popped there to check out the crowds, we returned yesterday morning in the rains, to find that they had barricaded the area off. 
Popped on up to Trafalgar Square, but that too had steel security barriers stopping entry and any views. So I put my ‘Planning head’ on and quickly thought of timings and angles etc, then came up with a plan to view ‘something’ from the London Eye. Quick online booking and dash from Charing Cross to Waterloo East, had us there and on the Eye for just before one. 
as we crested over the top we got to see the carriage passing Westminster Abbey and along past Downing Street, whilst simultaneously taking in the London skyline. Wife and kids were super happy and it earned me some much needed brownie points for pulling that glimpse off ( yes, I know you saw more and kept warm and dry in front of the telly). 

Then back across the river to Trafalgar in the hope of the flypast occurring, but checking Freedar.uk and the LHR metars for the cloud base, I knew it wasn’t going to be as hoped. But we got some whirly bird activity followed by the ‘Reds’. 

All in all, a very tired Jaymo family, but content which is all that matters. 
Now today is serving teas to the old dears at the village hall for their ‘event. Oh to take a day to sit and do nothing! But that would be boring 😉

Went down my Mum's to watch it with her, unfortunatly a kidney stone decided to make itself known so between pacing my Mum's hallway swearing and being on my knees in pain i saw Charles being crowned, as he left the cathedral i also left for A and E where it was confirmed i had a kidney stone only 4mm this time(how can such a small thing cause so much pain?), but i got some painkillers to take the pain to an acceptable level and back home at 6 pm in time for a large kebab.No alcohol to celebrate this weekend :no:

1 minute ago, welsh1 said:

Went down my Mum's to watch it with her, unfortunatly a kidney stone decided to make itself known so between pacing my Mum's hallway swearing and being on my knees in pain i saw Charles being crowned, as he left the cathedral i also left for A and E where it was confirmed i had a kidney stone only 4mm this time(how can such a small thing cause so much pain?), but i got some painkillers to take the pain to an acceptable level and back home at 6 pm in time for a large kebab.No alcohol to celebrate this weekend :no:

They are ******* indeed and the pain really isn’t commensurate with their size. 
Good luck with future treatments. 

47 minutes ago, welsh1 said:

Went down my Mum's to watch it with her, unfortunatly a kidney stone decided to make itself known so between pacing my Mum's hallway swearing and being on my knees in pain i saw Charles being crowned, as he left the cathedral i also left for A and E where it was confirmed i had a kidney stone only 4mm this time(how can such a small thing cause so much pain?), but i got some painkillers to take the pain to an acceptable level and back home at 6 pm in time for a large kebab.No alcohol to celebrate this weekend 

You have my sympathy! 
Been there with kidney stones.  
So painful I thought I was going to die. {‘m a whimp)

59 minutes ago, welsh1 said:

Went down my Mum's to watch it with her, unfortunatly a kidney stone decided to make itself known so between pacing my Mum's hallway swearing and being on my knees in pain i saw Charles being crowned, as he left the cathedral i also left for A and E where it was confirmed i had a kidney stone only 4mm this time(how can such a small thing cause so much pain?), but i got some painkillers to take the pain to an acceptable level and back home at 6 pm in time for a large kebab.No alcohol to celebrate this weekend 

Hope the pain killers are keeping the pain under control , by the way , how long were you at your A + E before you were seen to and treated ?

Hello, I thought this interesting to post, shopping yesterday at the local Lidl I remarked to the young lady cashier about the price rises and cost of living and how difficult for our young generation, by this I mean 20/30s and her reply , yes but look at the cost of the coronation 🤔🤔, I think in the not to distant future many will be looking for change 🤔🤔

31 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, I thought this interesting to post, shopping yesterday at the local Lidl I remarked to the young lady cashier about the price rises and cost of living and how difficult for our young generation, by this I mean 20/30s and her reply , yes but look at the cost of the coronation 🤔🤔, I think in the not to distant future many will be looking for change 🤔🤔

Especially when, in a few short years, we will be doing it all over again.

5 hours ago, welsh1 said:

My sympathy too.  I have had them - one in particular was agony and my (then) Dr gave me a painkiller injection.  You can't get to see a Dr now at short notice or on a weekend and last time at A&E I had to wait 11 hours (not a kidney stone luckily).

My best advice is to be really sure to keep fully hydrated - even if it means carrying around a water bottle (which makes you look and feel like a ****) as it does help.  I also use an app on my phone to log hydration as strangely I don't reliably feel thirsty as I have got older.  Again, a bit 'geeky', but better than another kidney stone.  It is too easy - especially when away from home to forget to drink and end up in trouble.

Kidney stones and gout are both very painful conditions and both can be triggered/initiated by poor hydration.

All of the Flypast aircraft got airborne at the right times. Only things missing were the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight aircraft who were prevented from taking off by the bad weather.

There were a succession of weather check planes flying the route and turning off before London.

The RAF did everything they could try to get in.

Eventually the decision was taken to scrub all but the rotary assets and the Red Arrows.

A GREAT shame.

30 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, flags are out in the market place here, it is the Coronation Bun throwing Party from 4 till 7 , a tradition that goes back many years, reputed to be 1760 , those buns would be a bit stale now 🤔🙄😁

Was there any 20-30 year olds taking part in this bun throwing Party? what a waste of food considering the cost of everything. :)

8 hours ago, marsh man said:

Hope the pain killers are keeping the pain under control , by the way , how long were you at your A + E before you were seen to and treated ?

I was triaged in about 30 mins and they spoke to a doctor to get me pain killers straight away, then seen by doctor, blood taken, CAT scan and leaving with painkillers and a tablet to relax the euretha to help get the stone out and in total just over 4 hours.
Sods law today no pain at all so it is obviously comfortable where it has stopped.

Can someone please tell me whether there is a word `Coronated`?

I`ve always known it as being crowned.

I`ve now heard this word from the mouths of television presenters and even a royal correspondent.

Just heard it again on our local news by a young girl who probably wasn`t any the wiser.

Please put me out of my misery here.

OB

4 hours ago, JohnfromUK said:

My sympathy too.  I have had them - one in particular was agony and my (then) Dr gave me a painkiller injection.  You can't get to see a Dr now at short notice or on a weekend and last time at A&E I had to wait 11 hours (not a kidney stone luckily).

My best advice is to be really sure to keep fully hydrated - even if it means carrying around a water bottle (which makes you look and feel like a ****) as it does help.  I also use an app on my phone to log hydration as strangely I don't reliably feel thirsty as I have got older.  Again, a bit 'geeky', but better than another kidney stone.  It is too easy - especially when away from home to forget to drink and end up in trouble.

Kidney stones and gout are both very painful conditions and both can be triggered/initiated by poor hydration.

This is the third time i have had them, the two other times i ended up in hospital for two weeks at a time, both ended up passing naturally.

On both occassions i was given morphine 20mg at a time, i kept telling the doctors and nurses it wasn't stopping the pain they just thought i was a whimp, roll on a few years and i am reffered to a pain clinic for other stuff, and after some tests it's discovered that i am opiate immune and morphine has no effect on me lol.

3 minutes ago, Old Boggy said:

This (see 1st Para) is Westminster Abbey's view (and they have held 40 coronations now).

https://www.westminster-abbey.org/about-the-abbey/history/coronations-at-the-abbey/a-guide-to-coronations

1 minute ago, welsh1 said:

This is the third time i have had them, the two other times i ended up in hospital for two weeks at a time, both ended up passing naturally.

On both occassions i was given morphine 20mg at a time, i kept telling the doctors and nurses it wasn't stopping the pain they just thought i was a whimp, roll on a few years and i am reffered to a pain clinic for other stuff, and after some tests it's discovered that i am opiate immune and morphine has no effect on me lol.

Hydration should (help) prevent future occurrences.

4 minutes ago, Old Boggy said:

Can someone please tell me whether there is a word `Coronated`?

I`ve always known it as being crowned.

I`ve now heard this word from the mouths of television presenters and even a royal correspondent.

Just heard it again on our local news by a young girl who probably wasn`t any the wiser.

OB

The Oxford English Dictionary does indeed include “coronate” as a verb meaning to crown, but it labels the usage rare.

7 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Just spoken to my eldest Son who is finally home in Carlisle.

He is KNACKERED but very happy.

Well done to him and everyone else, it was a great spectacle 👏👏👏 Concentration levels for hours on end can be very tiring, as you may well know 🙂

1 minute ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Cheers, I don't think it helped as he did 3/4s of the driving back up there from Hampshire.

WOW !!! That is some stint he's put in 😳 Due for some RnR methinks 😉