Did The Police Get It All Wrong ?

marsh man

It was reported in last weeks E D P that a B M W police car rammed in the back of a moterist for no apparent reason on the A146 at the Barnby bends on the Norfolk / Suffolk border . the car was travelling 49 m p h on a 50 m p h section so the car it hit was not speeding .

After the collision the police car overtook when the motorist pulled in and did not stop but just carried on as if nothing had happened , the collision was not reported until the next day by the police driver or the officer who was with him , to cut a long story short the police driver claimed he had ( Amnesia ) which is a memory loss and couldn't remember having the accident , also his fellow officer should had reported the accident before he left off the previous day .

He was taken off driving and both him and his passenger didn't lose there jobs .

You might be abel to put a link about the crash but somehow it don't seem the right thing to do and you can see why the general public are losing faith in our police forces .

I normally support the Police, but if those facts are accurate, they should both be out on their ear.

If the driver has the rare medical condition, then how could he ever be a witness, when he might just forget seeing a murder. He genuinely might not remember the crash, but how did he manage to crash in the first place.

The Police passenger isn't up to the job - full stop.

Edited by Gordon R

What an odd situation.

I'm assuming the officer that crashed had a genuine medical episode, as to rear end another vehicle that's driving at the speed limit would be hard to do.

Why the other officer didn't deal with it is what I can't get my head around. 

Ultimately I can't see how either should keep their jobs.

6 minutes ago, Bigbob said:

No wonder the public are fast loosing trust in the police they should both be sacked . I take it the other motorist didnt have dash cam i would of been right round to the closest cop shop kicking up 

The marked police car had dash cam and a photo was in the paper with the police car hitting the car in front , as there was a to bigger time delay they couldn't breathalise the police driver the following day , 

As Gordon R said , how long have he had this medical episode ? and would it had effected previous convictions , I believe the serving officer have had his fire arms ticket suspended along with his driving licence , 

It was apparently an armed response vehicle!

Apart from his poor driving, the fact that neither of the two Police officers reported anything. should he have access to weapons?

Oh and of course it did apparently happen on March the 5th 2022.

Edited by TIGHTCHOKE

1 hour ago, Pushandpull said:

If you go to edp24.co.uk this is the lead story in the Eastern Daily Press today.

Yes and just to rub salt into the wounds on the front page it states Drivers Hit With Record Parking Fines . penalty charges of £1.2m.

I was up town about a week ago and a young girl was parked outside the chemist in the town centre , the van had all the writing on the side to say it was delivering medicines , the young girl was busy in the back of this van loading up a sack barrow with various boxes of medicine when a traffic warden came from around the corner and stuck a parking notice on her windscreen while the poor girl was in the back carrying out her job , he never even went to the back of her van to have a word with her , he then went back to his little hiding place to wait for the next victim , what make it even worse is the amount of lets say ( non English ) are parking on the same pavments with Yellow lines are laughing and joking and as soon as the traffic warden cross the road towards there motors they scarper , this happen nearly all day long and yet somebody carrying out there job get a ticket , I am glad I wasn't put on this earth to be a traffic warden .

1 hour ago, Rem260 said:

Absolutely dreadful. If we are to believe the driver had amnesia, how do they explain the fact that his oppo didn't mention the collision or follow force procedure for the collision. Neither deserve to be still employed.

This case get worse the more you read about it , it stated that the lady who was involved in the accident was put on hold for more than two and a half hours when she called 101 non emergency number to report the accident , it also stated that the video footage they done at the meeting they had the following day after it was reported ,was lost and not saved because it was marked " non evidential " , just don't seem right .

I’ve resisted the urge to post in this thread because it’s just ‘scully having another pop’, but it all seems so familiar to me and comes as no surprise whatsoever. 🙂
Based on personal experience, I have absolutely zero respect for the police; I have no doubt there must be good, decent and honest ones out there, but I haven’t met one yet, and I’ve had loads of dealings with them in the 63 years I’ve been on this planet, both serving and retired, and I don’t trust them one bit,  not even the ones I know by name and beat and shoot with, and they are many. 
I really should write that book. 😀

Fills me with confidence he cant drive but here's a gun , Imagine if we did that ? We are here for your guns 

9 minutes ago, Scully said:

I’ve resisted the urge to post in this thread because it’s just ‘scully having another pop’, but it all seems so familiar to me and comes as no surprise whatsoever. 🙂
Based on personal experience, I have absolutely zero respect for the police; I have no doubt there must be good, decent and honest ones out there, but I haven’t met one yet, and I’ve had loads of dealings with them in the 63 years I’ve been on this planet, both serving and retired, and I don’t trust them one bit,  not even the ones I know by name and beat and shoot with, and they are many. 

Its fine as you get older its no called having a moan its called speaking the truth 

18 hours ago, Scully said:

This in a nut shell               I have been beat up in cells been acussed of things I haven't done been followed by plod and many other things I got no respect for them what so ever and today's lot are a lot worse              I could help Scully write that book  

On 13/06/2023 at 10:12, Bigbob said:

Its no like the good old bad days when being a police officer meant you could get away with anything apart from murder 

Ian Tomlinson and Liddle Towers would possibly disagree with that, unfortunately both were killed by police officers so cant.

2 minutes ago, janner said:

Ian Tomlinson and Liddle Towers would possibly disagree with that, unfortunately both were killed by police officers so cant.

Ian Tomlinson was his own worst enemy. He went to bait the police and was told not to, but pleased himself. The footage of him doing so, was only ever broadcast once on nation TV.

I knew Ian; a alcoholic rough sleeper who I often made a cup of tea for, when he'd slept in the external goods lift alcove to a building I managed above Monument tube station.

He often hung around and helped out the Evening Standard sellers there and had a hatred of the police.

On 13/06/2023 at 09:56, Bigbob said:

No wonder the public are fast loosing trust in the police they should both be sacked . I take it the other motorist didnt have dash cam i would of been right round to the closest cop shop kicking up 

the great majority of people have no confidence in the actions of the police full stop.

On 13/06/2023 at 10:12, Bigbob said:

Its no like the good old bad days when being a police officer meant you could get away with anything apart from murder 

it's only in recent times that officers have tried to get away with Murder.  anything else is ok.. as far as they are concerned. When I was a kid  A friend of the family was a special cop and he was up to any bent situation that was going.