Capt Tom's Daughter Got A Nice Little Earner

marsh man

12 minutes ago, marsh man said:

looking on the news tonight they had part of the interview with Piers Morgan where Cap't Toms daughter admitted pocketing £800,000 from hers dad's book , seem a nice little earner to me .

Is it right or wrong , after the public was told the proceeds were going to charity 

The book/s I believe, were separate from the fundraising.

1 hour ago, marsh man said:

looking on the news tonight they had part of the interview with Piers Morgan where Cap't Toms daughter admitted pocketing £800,000 from hers dad's book , seem a nice little earner to me .

Is it right or wrong , after the public was told the proceeds were going to charity 

Absolutely wrong.

Judging from what I've read, she seems a right peice of work. Trying to profit from her dad's name.

1 hour ago, ditchman said:

she maintains that her father wanted the royalties to go to her.......................obviously not in writing...........this is not the first time questions have been asked about her financial dealings........

Mind you she did say it might not had been the right decision on putting a spa on her £1.2 million pound house when it was at one time was going to be a office,  and also getting paid £18,000 for attending the Virgin Media O2  award for her father :hmm:

4 minutes ago, marsh man said:

Mind you she did say it might not had been the right decision on putting a spa on her £1.2 million pound house when it was at one time was going to be a office,  and also getting paid £18,000 for attending the Virgin Media O2  award for her father 

she should have gone into polotics.....well suited....well qualified

10 hours ago, enfieldspares said:

I hope, please, we all bear such in mind come November with these bogus enamelled "Lest We Forget" lapel badges that are nothing to do with the Royal British Legion but seem to be totally commercial enterprises jumping on the occasion to make profit from it.

These (a variety of enamelled badges) are available directly from the British Legion should you want one.  Many from elsewhere may well be 'bogus', but there are genuine ones available from their website.

26 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

Sir Tom was a top flight human being whom we all admire. The same thing cannot be said for his hungry for money daughter. I am relieved that he is not alive to witness her greed.

After a funeral if there's money involved that's when family show there true colours 

This whole thing stank of grift from day one; it failed the sniff test, viz. the more the media unquestioningly embraces a narrative, the more suspicious you have to be. Anyone who donated to these so-called 'NHS Charities' is a fool, and thus easily parted from their money.

Sadly the charitable sector in this country is total car-crash and lots of due diligence is required before you part with your hard-earned.

• 3 months later...
6 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, i have now watched the programme Where has the money gone and some of the interview with Toms Daughter and Husband, Yet i wonder what the NHS charity have spent the £millions on 🤔

My friend who was a nurse at the time said her trust bought each nurse a mug. 

She said they had the money and just needed something they could hand out to the staff to say “this is what the money was spent on”. 

When split across everyone it wasn’t enough to do much. 

She said she’d rather they’d used it for a project, room or whatever, for the patients etc.

A mug that we’ve all got cupboards full of already. 

5 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

My friend who was a nurse at the time said her trust bought each nurse a mug. 

She said they had the money and just needed something they could hand out to the staff to say “this is what the money was spent on”. 

When split across everyone it wasn’t enough to do much. 

She said she’d rather they’d used it for a project, room or whatever, for the patients etc.

A mug that we’ve all got cupboards full of already. 

Hello, How do you spend £millions on a few mugs 🤔, They should have a check on where all this moneys gone, You could build a few new hospitals with the money Captain Tom raised given by the generous people in UK and around the World

12 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

You could build a few new hospitals with the money Captain Tom raised given by the generous people in UK and around the World

A new 'mid sized' hospital costs around £500 M   https://inews.co.uk/news/health/nhs-leaders-economic-turmoil-costs-new-hospital-projects-1885707

Capt Tom's charity raised £39M, so whilst it does seem like a lot of money to us ordinary folk, it's little more than loose change to those who plan NHS programmes.  It is around £20 per employee working in the NHS.

Looking at it the other way, our local hospital has a 'Friends of ...... Hospital' group which raises around £40K annually and helps provide play facilities, seating, plants/garden area etc, which whilst it might seem trivial, seems to be much appreciated by the patients.

Edited by JohnfromUK

1 minute ago, JohnfromUK said:

A new 'mid sized' hospital costs around £500 M   https://inews.co.uk/news/health/nhs-leaders-economic-turmoil-costs-new-hospital-projects-1885707

Capt Tom's charirty raised £39M, so whilst it does seem like a lot of money to us ordinary folk, it's little more than loose change to those who plan NHS programmes.

Looking at it the other way, our local hospital has a 'Friends of ...... Hospital' group which raises around £40K annually and helps provide play facilities, seating, plants/garden area etc, which whilst it might seem trivial, seems to be much appreciated by the patients.

Hello, i thought it gave £50 million , anyway it would go a long way as like the group you mention

4 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, i thought it gave £50 million , anyway it would go a long way as like the group you mention

BBC claims around £38 M  https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-66134840

The actual amount was really very small in terms of the NHS.  It is actually quite hard to understand how 'big' the NHS actually is.  Budget of £180,000,000,000 spent of a UK population of around 77,000,000 comes to £2,300 per person per year.  I think I have the figures right, but I'm not accustomed to dealing in such large sums, though the way the price of cartridges is going  ............

I can quite believe the "MUG" story, I bet there is a hangar or two full of that sort of supposed "good gesture"

Capt Tom rallied and raised the spirit of the country which is far more important than the little good that the £40 000 000 actually did.

BUT, it has all been rather spoiled by his bloody awful daughters greed.