Derogatory comments in the sales section

general grievous

I don’t get it, it’s a sales section, if you are not interested in buying a members stuff, keep your self opinionated comments to yourself.

I have no interest or influence in any current sales but I have used the section in the past and the forum has been really useful for me. I don’t often comment but this issue is really annoying and I’m sure others feel the same .

GG

28 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

It's NOT just the sales section though, there are lots of LAZY posts from infrequent or new Members across the once great Pigeon Watch Forum.

The Moderators do a difficult but VERY necessary job and get little thanks for their time.

Except for the cakes and the new. 4x4 Bentley 😂😂😂

seriously they do a good job 👍😊

34 minutes ago, Scully said:

I’m a gun nut and always look in the sales section. The only serious non-complimentary remarks I make are those for items being advertised as something they aren’t……specifically Browning Medalists. 🙂

SCULLY AND IF THAT SAVES SOMEONE BUYING A DUD GUN GOOD ON YOU AND THATS HOW IT SHOULD  BE :good:

34 minutes ago, Scully said:

I’m a gun nut and always look in the sales section. The only serious non-complimentary remarks I make are those for items being advertised as something they aren’t……specifically Browning Medalists. 🙂

So its you :sneaky2:..……...to be honest I have not really noticed it, but if a comment is justified and not just a petty argumentative comment then I see no problem. Is it as bad as the OP makes out?

That'd be like this then? The Medalist. Distributed and warranted by Browning? Or a different Medalist? The matter is that throughout time companies have taken a product and either linked its distinctive name to their name or linked their name to the product. We have today the "Mini". Not the Mini I'd know but BMW's "Mini". The same as the "Mercedes" two seater Smart car. Or in firearms terms the Beretta made Webley 900 over and under or the SKB made BSA side by side. It's being going on for years. Most William Evans sidelock guns that are engraved with the William Evans name were, at one time, made and built by Webley...I've seen the old Webley registers. Page after page of sidelocks, singles or pairs, made for and engraved with the name of William Evans. And today's Turkish Webley and Scott guns are what?

Medalist.jpg

Edited by enfieldspares

I think there's also times when people can add helpful context to an item being sold, like when the seller is selling something and they're not sure of the items origin/history, or some other fact they might be unaware of. I've seen it several times in the sales section and has often helped sell the item.

2 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

I think there's also times when people can add helpful context to an item being sold, like when the seller is selling something and they're not sure of the items origin/history, or some other fact they might be unaware of. I've seen it several times in the sales section and has often helped sell the item.

:good:

Or a price, or location, or poor description.

as with every comment it depends how its worded.  can tell someone nice or tell somone nasty.

but again, it works both ways, when an OP comes out the gate with a comment like "no time wasters" or "no offers" followed by somting for sale way above the going price bracket. i tend not to waste his time, i let them waste theirs when the listing sits for weeks without a sniff.

4 hours ago, enfieldspares said:

That'd be like this then? The Medalist. Distributed and warranted by Browning? Or a different Medalist? The matter is that throughout time companies have taken a product and either linked its distinctive name to their name or linked their name to the product. We have today the "Mini". Not the Mini I'd know but BMW's "Mini". The same as the "Mercedes" two seater Smart car. Or in firearms terms the Beretta made Webley 900 over and under or the SKB made BSA side by side. It's being going on for years. Most William Evans sidelock guns that are engraved with the William Evans name were, at one time, made and built by Webley...I've seen the old Webley registers. Page after page of sidelocks, singles or pairs, made for and engraved with the name of William Evans. And today's Turkish Webley and Scott guns are what?

Medalist.jpg

That’s the badger! 👍