How much longer for Meat??

discobob

Apparently Saddo Khant has signed everyone up in London to going to some World Diet Sustainability model by 2030 which means a vast reduction in Red Meat..... with even tighter measures to be implemented by 2050 (sustenance food bars anyone - 3 a day delivered by drone) so this does beggar the question of when we will start seeing meat taxes being slapped onto your good old sirloin steak - 12 months - 24?? Immediately after the next election? With the end goal to price meat off of our plates...

Edited by discobob
change 2030 to 2050

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, discobob said:

Apparently Saddo Khant has signed everyone up in London to going to some World Diet Sustainability model by 2030 which means a vast reduction in Red Meat..... with even tighter measures to be implemented by 2030 (sustenance food bars anyone - 3 a day delivered by drone) so this does beggar the question of when we will start seeing meat taxes being slapped onto your good old sirloin steak - 12 months - 24?? Immediately after the next election? With the end goal to price meat off of our plates...

Sadly more and more like a dictatorship than any version of democracy?

He can keep his beloved cess pit to himself. It constantly amazes me how  people keep signing up for more and more layers of political interference with their lives?

1 hour ago, PeterHenry said:

Maybe I'm being naive, but I don't understand how he would have done this?

I also can't find much on him having done it apart from Toby Youngs twitter account and the (slightly dodgy?) website he linked to - that also doesn't say how was achieved....

will this help?

https://www.c40.org/news/good-food-cities/#:~:text=The cities signing the C40,%2C Stockholm%2C Tokyo and Toronto.

12 minutes ago, discobob said:

Yes, a little thanks. But I fail to see how great change is going to be achieved through the procurement powers invested in the Mayor / GLA?

I'm by no means an expert in procurement, but to me this would seem to be limited to the public, as opposed to private sphere?

A bit like those councils that 'ban' meat.

It doesnt say he will insist on us eating less meat.  It says he has signed up ot encouraging the city to eat less meat.  London being only one of a number of world wide cities who have also done so.   They would all have met at one of these junkets paid for by the taxpayers yet again and Methinks he may well get his deriere felt by the government for having done so without their consent.. He is only the mayor of london with huge ideas of his role and position in the country.  He may well have knobbled himself with this one.  We should all write to our MPS and protest about him taking the decision on all london's behalf.. Anyway, some of the best meat eateries in britain are in London; does he think they will just close up and go away because he has signed this nonsense?  Im away to have some good ole pork snitzel while its still permissable

Pushkin:good:

14 minutes ago, Pushkin said:

It doesnt say he will insist on us eating less meat.  It says he has signed up ot encouraging the city to eat less meat.  London being only one of a number of world wide cities who have also done so.   They would all have met at one of these junkets paid for by the taxpayers yet again and Methinks he may well get his deriere felt by the government for having done so without their consent.. He is only the mayor of london with huge ideas of his role and position in the country.  He may well have knobbled himself with this one.  We should all write to our MPS and protest about him taking the decision on all london's behalf.. Anyway, some of the best meat eateries in britain are in London; does he think they will just close up and go away because he has signed this nonsense?  Im away to have some good ole pork snitzel while its still permissable

Pushkin:good:

Unfortunately one of the “organisations” funding C40 is our very own government 

https://www.c40.org/funders-partners/

36 minutes ago, Wylye said:

I’m more inclined to believe in UFOs than this nonsense. What a load of rubbish!

I would rather believe in UFO’s - believe me!!

Politicians and councillors are getting way above themselves, only yesterday I read they are looking at banning 4x4s in Edinburgh, the Greens councillor has said nobody needs a 4x4? Really, I have a lot of things I don’t need, but I work for them and if that how I choose to spend my hard earned that’s up to me, not these jumped up dictators telling me how to live my life

8 minutes ago, button said:

Politicians and councillors are getting way above themselves, only yesterday I read they are looking at banning 4x4s in Edinburgh, the Greens councillor has said nobody needs a 4x4? Really, I have a lot of things I don’t need, but I work for them and if that how I choose to spend my hard earned that’s up to me, not these jumped up dictators telling me how to live my life

But they are saving the world so gives them the right you see.

Let’s get the election over and done with so those elected can go back to lining there pockets rather than talking crud to get the headlines and some votes in from the voting sheep !

Agtiv8

1 hour ago, Genghis said:

There’s a lot of issues that that I’m worried about after Labour come into power next year - this isn’t one of them.

Have you seen how fat people are now? Don’t see any form of meat ban happening in our lifetimes.

And sorting that out would start to ease pressure on the NHS, the state of a lot of the children is disgusting and their parents should be utterly ashamed of letting them get that way

10 minutes ago, Scully said:

It’s simply just not going to happen. Who in their right mind believes they have the right to dictate to others what they should eat, or what they shouldn’t,  and equally, who in their right mind would allow anyone to do so? It’s just hilarious! 😀

I agree - especially the last part. However, re the rest of it, I always put a lot of stock in the saying that virtue is more dangerous than vice, as the former often goes unchecked...

1 hour ago, Genghis said:

Have you seen how fat people are now? Don’t see any form of meat ban happening in our lifetimes.

Food might be part of the blame but lack of exercise might be the real reason , now they don't even have to leave there homes to get the take away's as you now see a endless stream of delivery people leaving places like Mc Donald's :good:

Ayone thinking that because Khan has proposed this its predominantly a UK issue is way off, here. In Germany it was proposed months back they aim to to try to get the population down to 10g of meat per day (thats not a typo)...and the Germans eat of lot of animal products. In the end, the globalists want to control the food supply and don't want us consuming meat, and unless you live off grid out back of beyond this will be the general direction we are heading in, like it or not

Edited by Acerforestry