I pad roaming

islandgun

I can actually sympathise with that one, some of these data/mobile company's are ********. I'm aware if you don't upgrade to a current plan, it will roll over on the old one and if you go over the allowance they can charge ridiculous amounts per mb used. Never mind being abroad where it can be 5x higher per mb. A film in hd now is a average of 2gb or 2000 mb. Say it's a £1 a mb from a old plan there's a few quid gone there. X5 (or whatever) and that's a ridiculous amount. It's not isolated either. Vodafone for instance, have kept the rolling contract on my elderly (79yo) boss and he pays £50 per month for a ancient mobile and all he gets is free calls and texts (standard nowadays) and 1gb of data. For £50. My tenner gets me 60gb per month and all the calls and txts. 

So whether stupidly his family used the iPad abroad and racked it up actually happened or was he on only fans 😅

7 minutes ago, billytheghillie said:

If its a work device, surely it would have had a password, code.

I think his explanation raises more questions than it answers 

It appears that they were quite happy to let the tax payer foot the bill if it had never made it in to the public domain

2 hours ago, strimmer_13 said:

I can actually sympathise with that one, some of these data/mobile company's are ********. I'm aware if you don't upgrade to a current plan, it will roll over on the old one and if you go over the allowance they can charge ridiculous amounts per mb used. Never mind being abroad where it can be 5x higher per mb. A film in hd now is a average of 2gb or 2000 mb. Say it's a £1 a mb from a old plan there's a few quid gone there. X5 (or whatever) and that's a ridiculous amount. It's not isolated either. Vodafone for instance, have kept the rolling contract on my elderly (79yo) boss and he pays £50 per month for a ancient mobile and all he gets is free calls and texts (standard nowadays) and 1gb of data. For £50. My tenner gets me 60gb per month and all the calls and txts. 

So whether stupidly his family used the iPad abroad and racked it up actually happened or was he on only fans 😅

£11000 for football ! They could have flown home to watch the matches.  I think Ditchies scratch and sniff might be nearer the mark.😄

11 hours ago, johnphilip said:

Why was his children even aloud. To use his works. IPAD. in the first place.

They didn't have permission it was the only excuse he could come up with he was watching something he shouldn't have 

11 hours ago, ditchman said:

life membership to X Hamster..........with the scratch & sniff function

🤣🤣

This is the same member of scottish Parliament who wanted to make the Hokey Kokey illegal, as a hate crime. He alleged it is a Protestant ritual to discriminate  against Roman Catholics. The dates he racked up the 2 large bills were both dates Celtic football club had televised matches. Not hard to make the connection.

The lunatics have finally taken over!

1 hour ago, benbobailey said:

This is the same member of scottish Parliament who wanted to make the Hokey Kokey illegal, as a hate crime. He alleged it is a Protestant ritual to discriminate  against Roman Catholics. The dates he racked up the 2 large bills were both dates Celtic football club had televised matches. Not hard to make the connection.

The lunatics have finally taken over!

More like premium rate access to me?

It's maybe been declining over the last 50 years or so?  Lying and cheating the system has become an art form much enjoyed and exploited as their lack of moral code seems to be admired and lauded by many?

22 minutes ago, old man said:

Would that revelation  be covered by the Freedom of Information act 2000?

He is under real pressure to reveal the truth from all around, as is his protector  the First Minister, and I'm sure/hopeful the matter won't be swept under the carpet, as is usual outcome in the SNP government.