armsid

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Rim Fire said:

If you go on youtube there is a few of the interviews with different people that was incharge at the time you can tell by there answers to questions that they knew the Horizon system was flawed  

Yes and they took the easy route destroying folks lives into the bargain 

Does this sort of pass the buck the get out of jail option for all the hierarchy of this country? After watching some US tv police dramas they make our judicial process very archaic every one who commits perjury is in jail pdq here it takes years probably hoping most of the postmasters will have died before they give evidence or it all fades away

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

It is becoming a massive hole that the Post Office and many Politicians may well end up falling in to.

Let's hope so !!!

50 minutes ago, islandgun said:

Cost to tax payers £100 mil and rising.. unbelievable 

Unbelievable, shocking, amazing etc, but,,,, this is going to draaaaaaag onnnnnn and make the lawyers even richer methinks 🤬

I am starting to think that the PO built horizon to catch PO sub masters on the fiddle. Unfortunately they didn’t realise that the system and data could be messed with !

the latest revelations of transactions being made or altered by techies at Fujitsu/po has me wandering why they would need to ? 

I am starting to wander if the were told to ensure the evidence was there as Fujitsu had an income / bonus for finding shortfalls in po tills.

Agriv8

From school I went straight into working in the financial world. EVERY tiny error/mistake/discrepancy was pounced on immediately by regular audits, or just plain daily business and end of day balancing of the figures. This issue MUST OBVIOUSLY have been known about by ALL involved/connected. The focus seems to be getting recompense to the ex PO managers and how much cost to the PO and the taxpayers over the timespan,,,, there appears, publicly anyway, no pointing the finger at any of the 'hidden' people that were actually responsible at the time. Obviously things are going on that we the public are not seeing yet, so hopefully criminal proceedings will be happening big time sometime soon.

Fujitsu....Systems Integrator...very protective over the contract because its a gravy train of revenue.  They'd of known that the s/w is ****, the techies would have escalated their concerns for sure and nothing would have happened for fear of derailing the train.   If the police investigate then it will all come out..

2 hours ago, islandgun said:

Cost to tax payers £100 mil and rising.. unbelievable 

Sadly not? Here seems to have become the bottom of the barrel.

Waiting but not holding breath for the court appearances to start?

On the BBC news, yesterday evening I think, an ex PO manager said that on one instance, the end of day balance was noted, and on opening the next morning the balance had changed overnight, quite a lot apparently. So someone had deliberately messed with those accounts remotely.

I'm lost for words 🤬

1 hour ago, Cosmicblue said:

it was revealed

This needs great caution.  The Post Office vs Bates film was just that - a film with a script and written by an author.  It is certainly based in fact, and may be very accurate - but with more information coming out in dribs and drabs all the time, it may not be either 'the whole story' and may have significant factual errors.

That is why I believe it was wrong to broadcast it before any possible trial.  Where members of the public are chosen to form a jury as part of trial proceedings - and they have seen the Post Office vs Bates film - a lawyer could reasonably argue that they are already prejudiced by having seen a 'fictional' portrayal and cannot be part of a 'fair trial' solely on the evidence presented to the court.

I know and understand those involved wanted the whole sorry affair publicised - but they may have actually helped any 'guilty party' escape a proper trial conviction and sentence.

6 hours ago, TOPGUN749 said:

If they hadn’t made a tv programme about it nothing would ever have been done,as it is the government don’t like it and dragging their feet to compensate!

Yep some of those need introducing to court too?

6 hours ago, TOPGUN749 said:

If they hadn’t made a tv programme about it nothing would ever have been done,as it is the government don’t like it and dragging their feet to compensate!

4 minutes ago, old man said:

Yep some of those need introducing to court too?

In this case I do not think it is the politicos but suspect the senior civil servants protecting their own/their "mates".