Your most annoying people in advertising

Dave-G

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

👌 🍺

hello, i have just watched a car advert and at the end, quote, this car is not to uk spec 🤔

This is because most of the car adverts are filmed in Eurpoe etc, and, some of the vehicles may be made to a better spec' than UK versions. Plus, most car adverts show the top of the range plus extras, in their adverts.

4 hours ago, steve_b_wales said:

This is because most of the car adverts are filmed in Eurpoe etc, and, some of the vehicles may be made to a better spec' than UK versions. Plus, most car adverts show the top of the range plus extras, in their adverts.

hello, yes your right, shame i cannot afford one🙄

I see they have updated the On The Beach advert that features the obnoxious family. Another that yanks my chain is the “I am what I am” Virgin Atlantic ad featuring a range of stereotypical “diverse” individuals mainly because the background song tends to hang around in my noggin. The marketing types have succeeded in that respect but I find the whole presentation tedious.

• 4 weeks later...
On 06/01/2024 at 12:02, Miserableolgit said:

I see they have updated the On The Beach advert that features the obnoxious family. Another that yanks my chain is the “I am what I am” Virgin Atlantic ad featuring a range of stereotypical “diverse” individuals mainly because the background song tends to hang around in my noggin. The marketing types have succeeded in that respect but I find the whole presentation tedious.

Yes I mentioned that one earlier, but for me it's the trying to shove diversity down our throats, if I walked on the plane in real life I'd think I was having a mental episode or was in a dream. It just wouldn't happen in real life.

As for the whole transgender thing, there are only two sexes which are easily defined at birth, you can not change your sex any more than I could change into an octopus or a spider, to suggest otherwise is ridiculous. However I do feel sorry for people with a identity crisis and would never be rude to someone, providing they didn't stray into affecting some one else's rights, like a male trying to compete in women's sports, or encroach female only spaces.

22 minutes ago, josef123 said:

Johnny depp is legendary actor why you hate him in this 
Alan Carr is indeed a well-known bloke. Regarding annoying celebrity advertisements, I can understand the sentiment, especially when it comes to fragrances like the ones endorsed by Johnny Depp. It's intriguing how different celebrities influence our perceptions of products. On another note, Luis Zahera Pareja also brings a unique flavor to the celebrity landscape with his diverse roles and contributions.

I didn’t say I hated Depp, I said I found the adverts he is in annoying. 

On 04/02/2024 at 11:00, 12gauge82 said:

Yes I mentioned that one earlier, but for me it's the trying to shove diversity down our throats, if I walked on the plane in real life I'd think I was having a mental episode or was in a dream. It just wouldn't happen in real life.

As for the whole transgender thing, there are only two sexes which are easily defined at birth, you can not change your sex any more than I could change into an octopus or a spider, to suggest otherwise is ridiculous. However I do feel sorry for people with a identity crisis and would never be rude to someone, providing they didn't stray into affecting some one else's rights, like a male trying to compete in women's sports, or encroach female only spaces.

When every company is now (or very soon to be) controlled by ESG, it's to be expected, and I suspect 'you ain't seen nothing, yet'.

Edited by Penelope