Your most annoying people in advertising

Dave-G

6 hours ago, Tayfix said:

Curry’s advert, yes I’m talking  about it so I guess it’s working, but who ever thought ladies with beards?

Do you still get the bearded woman in the circus? Maybe they have all run away to join curry’s, sign of the times possibly.

So the ones without beards know diddly squit   -  just about sums up most of the currys staff.:lol:

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

57 minutes ago, Yellow Bear said:

So the ones without beards know diddly squit   -  just about sums up most of the currys staff.

dont mention Curry,s staff ,buying a simple laptop turned into a two month long nightmare with 3 internet providers ,will never go into a currys shop again,,

The new ba advert where the woman keeps saying no can’t stand it  the advert is supposed to be enjoyable holidays total opposite affect with me also vogue Williams in the fairy liquid advert her voice and smug grin makes me want to throw something at the tv I can’t stand her  but funnily enough through work I spoke to her and she seemed really nice totally did my head in  do I like her or can’t I stand her  😂😂😂

41 minutes ago, nobbyathome said:

....  also vogue Williams in the fairy liquid advert her voice and smug grin makes me want to throw something at the tv I can’t stand her  but funnily enough through work I spoke to her and she seemed really nice totally did my head in  do I like her or can’t I stand her  😂😂😂

I think she's quite hot but the wife can't stand her.

13 minutes ago, 100milesaway said:

I hate all the ads as they all seem to be hosted/acted by black or Asian people, it's got to the point where I wonder if I live in Africa or Asia. I personally  find it insulting to our once great nation. What is really going on. From Auntie.

Here here .....💕:good:

12 hours ago, 100milesaway said:

I hate all the ads as they all seem to be hosted/acted by black or Asian people, it's got to the point where I wonder if I live in Africa or Asia. I personally  find it insulting to our once great nation. What is really going on. From Auntie.

Yep - most feature heavy inclusivity these days, the most grating to me are fatty nothing like feminine wimen. Even Emmerdale has been infected with serious gaiety.

The ones that get me are, in no particular order. 

The older ladies at the yoga class discussing ladies peeing themselves and to get some incontinence pants. Then she sits on a blokes shoulders at some sort of concert and "let's it all go". Even the wife thinks that's disgusting. Talk about **** down my back and tell me it's raining...

Then there are the adds for deoderants featuring heavy gyrating and exercise and then claiming 72/96 hour protection. Who the fuds goes to the gym and doesn't have a shower afterwards. Dirty fudders...

Anything for perfume, cars and vegan food with meat names in the title, if there's no chicken in it don't use chicken in the title. And anything with a celebrity endorsement that obviously knows nothing about the product.

Ttfn.

Oh yes, Happy New Year. 

59 minutes ago, Velocette said:

And yet, I never tire of this. A classic.

At least a bit of artistry about that one?

2 hours ago, manthing said:

The ones that get me are, in no particular order. 

The older ladies at the yoga class discussing ladies peeing themselves and to get some incontinence pants. Then she sits on a blokes shoulders at some sort of concert and "let's it all go". Even the wife thinks that's disgusting. Talk about **** down my back and tell me it's raining...

Golden showers was a practice of certain so called celebs in the 60's? 😂

2 hours ago, Velocette said:

And yet, I never tire of this. A classic.

My good lady and I went to Dublin last year and did the Guinness factory tour, they had a cinema room of all their classic ads, when this came on it was ace 👍 

edit to add, one of the stand out annoying set of betting ads was Harry redknapp on commercial radio, “hello harry” “ello mate”, might not be annoying for some, but usually featured in every bloomin’ ad break so I hear it all day at work.

”gotta go, sandras cooking dumplings” **** off harry 😆

Edited by Ttfjlc
Added content

On 30/12/2023 at 12:39, Dave-G said:

Mine is that horrible nasal Alan Carr, particularly in the advert for ITVX. I can't imagine anyone less likely to want to use anything 'it' promotes. I say it because its neither a male nor female in my opinion and I think it makes UK males look effeminate nasal whiners. I'll leave it there so I don't get banned because we can't say what we think sometimes.

Totally agree.

I’m afraid that I just cannot watch anything that involves him. I’m not homophobic, just cannot stand the guy.

OB

On 01/01/2024 at 14:39, Ttfjlc said:

My good lady and I went to Dublin last year and did the Guinness factory tour, they had a cinema room of all their classic ads, when this came on it was ace 👍 

edit to add, one of the stand out annoying set of betting ads was Harry redknapp on commercial radio, “hello harry” “ello mate”, might not be annoying for some, but usually featured in every bloomin’ ad break so I hear it all day at work.

”gotta go, sandras cooking dumplings” **** off harry 😆

hello, did you find the Guinness taste different from what we drink in UK, i went many times to County Clare and once around South of Dublin staying at Wicklow, i did partake in quite a few glasses 🤔🙄😄

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

9 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, did you find the Guinness taste different from what we drink in UK, i went many times to County Clare and once around South of Dublin staying at Wicklow, i did partake in quite a few glasses 🤔🙄😄

Funny you should ask, I didn’t know if it was a bit of a myth but both of us did agree Guinness tasted better in Ireland 👍