Citizen army

islandgun

2 hours ago, Bigbob said:

Male Illegal immigrants will be sent to the Ukraine to fight Russia , Bet that stops the boats 

Perhaps that should be a condition of being allowed to stay, five years compulsory national service, no exceptions.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

30 minutes ago, Wymondley said:

Perhaps that should be a condition of being allowed to stay, five years compulsory national service, no exceptions.

Really, you want to train people for 5 years to become efficient soldiers, and then let them back into society fully trained!

18 hours ago, 100milesaway said:

This is why we would have a major problem in this country..  If we need folks to fight our corner they need to be from people who love our country.

Not many seem to, most indigenous seemingly don't anymore and the bulk of the incomers don't as they immediately seek change?

5 hours ago, Bigbob said:

First problem will be when they ask "What gender are you "?.

Fighting over toilet facilities and the makeup truck? 🤣

If it works in Switzerland, maybe it is not such a bad idea.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conscription_in_Switzerland

People who have a good knowledge of their own country, combined with marksmanship skills, can inflict a lot of damage on a trained and disciplined professional army.   That was demonstrated during the War of American Independence and in the Boer Wars, and by the French and Belgian resistance fighters in WW2.

Cut out some of the boot-polishing and square-bashing, offer young folk the chance to practice flying drones in battle, and more of them might be want to join up.

17 minutes ago, McSpredder said:

People who have a good knowledge of their own country, combined with marksmanship skills, can inflict a lot of damage on a trained and disciplined professional army.   That was demonstrated during the War of American Independence and in the Boer Wars, and by the French and Belgian resistance fighters in WW2.

Cut out some of the boot-polishing and square-bashing, offer young folk the chance to practice flying drones in battle, and more of them might be want to join up.

I was thinking about that, don't conscripts take home and keep their automatic rifles ? imagine that in the UK 😲

5 hours ago, welsh1 said:

Really, you want to train people for 5 years to become efficient soldiers, and then let them back into society fully trained!

No I don't, I was implying, somewhat light heartedly, that the thought of having to do national service would put them off coming here.

Although some hard work and military discipline may be just what they need...Still trying to be humorous here.

They already appear to have a head start in training for the Marine's!

Edited by Wymondley

6 minutes ago, Wymondley said:

No I don't, I was implying, somewhat light heartedly, that the thought of having to do national service would put them off coming here.

Although some hard work and military discipline may be just what they need...Still trying to be humorous here.

They already appear to have a head start in training for the Marine's!

I don't think that's such a bad idea. Citizenship after say a couple of years qualifying service would be handy. 🙂

48 minutes ago, oowee said:

🤣 Love it. 👍

Except the mobile infantry in Starship Troopers was controlled by a one world government, based on fascist principles and headed by a military junta.
Getting the young populace trained in warfare is a sure fire indicator that war is planned/happening.

The question is , whos going to start it ?
Cast your mind back to 1930s Germany, and a fascist, military junta, who were planning to do just that, training young people to fight the 'enemy'

10 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Except the mobile infantry in Starship Troopers was controlled by a one world government, based on fascist principles and headed by a military junta.
Getting the young populace trained in warfare is a sure fire indicator that war is planned/happening.

The question is , whos going to start it ?
Cast your mind back to 1930s Germany, and a fascist, military junta, who were planning to do just that, training young people to fight the 'enemy'

Sounds like Trumps recent speech proposing dictatorship and immunity. 

13 hours ago, oowee said:

Sounds like Trumps recent speech proposing dictatorship and immunity. 

Must have missed that one, is that what he actually said , or what CNN reported he said?

How many wars did Trump start?

Under Biden we have 3 major conflicts ongoing....

19 hours ago, old man said:

Not many seem to, most indigenous seemingly don't anymore and the bulk of the incomers don't as they immediately seek change?

Fighting over toilet facilities and the makeup truck? 🤣

Male billets over there , Female billets over there , The other three hundred genders pitch up somewhere in the middle 

There was talk of Billeting refugees in large army camps why no train them while they are there they dont need to be given a gun , or trained in firearms , Two years and you get citizenship it will put a lot of them off coming hear but any illegal caught and no wanting  to do it drop them back off on a French beach .

While i was working at the university i saw a lot of that with students they where fine doing there degree and going home to do there two years service , different story if there country was in trouble or war threatened a lot of them panicked and where weighing up doing the 2 years service to never going back and seeing there family and friends again 

1 hour ago, Bigbob said:

There was talk of Billeting refugees in large army camps why no train them while they are there they dont need to be given a gun , or trained in firearms , Two years and you get citizenship it will put a lot of them off coming hear but any illegal caught and no wanting  to do it drop them back off on a French beach .

While i was working at the university i saw a lot of that with students they where fine doing there degree and going home to do there two years service , different story if there country was in trouble or war threatened a lot of them panicked and where weighing up doing the 2 years service to never going back and seeing there family and friends again 

Looking at the bulk of the incoming, possibly ready trained?

Edited by old man

you're all living in LaLa land.  Forget this citizens army nonsense chaps,  it's a non starter.  There is so much strain on the countries finances that there is no way that any of this is going to happen.  Every situation that you can think of in this country at this time is under financial strain.  every bit of FAT in all systems has been pared to the bone over many years of cost saving. There is no way that the Government is going to let foreign illegal immigrants do any of this sort of thing.  none of them would want to anyway. No government would even consider allowing the civilian populace to be armed again like years ago.  All of the drum banging about national service is a non starter as well.  Who do you think is going to do or organise any of this,?  THERE IS NO ONE TO DO THIS.  THERE IS NO SPARE CASH TO DO THIS...... ANY OF IT.  20 years go a plod told me that they couldn't afford the petrol for patrol cars to just tour out round the villages at night time and weekends.  If you have a crime to report.. you might get someone to answer the phone.  you might get a crime number but it is highly unlikely that anyone will come out to investigate.  not an in depth investigation,  just a quick look round.  At work we had quite a serious break in and theft, thousands.  3 days later a plod turned up for 5 minutes to LOOK and he said that it was only possible because the bloke who had been booked to use the car hadn't turned up for work. He wasn't going to walk down to look.!!

3 hours ago, Minky said:

you're all living in LaLa land.  Forget this citizens army nonsense chaps,  it's a non starter.  There is so much strain on the countries finances that there is no way that any of this is going to happen.  Every situation that you can think of in this country at this time is under financial strain.  every bit of FAT in all systems has been pared to the bone over many years of cost saving. There is no way that the Government is going to let foreign illegal immigrants do any of this sort of thing.  none of them would want to anyway. No government would even consider allowing the civilian populace to be armed again like years ago.  All of the drum banging about national service is a non starter as well.  Who do you think is going to do or organise any of this,?  THERE IS NO ONE TO DO THIS.  THERE IS NO SPARE CASH TO DO THIS...... ANY OF IT.  20 years go a plod told me that they couldn't afford the petrol for patrol cars to just tour out round the villages at night time and weekends.  If you have a crime to report.. you might get someone to answer the phone.  you might get a crime number but it is highly unlikely that anyone will come out to investigate.  not an in depth investigation,  just a quick look round.  At work we had quite a serious break in and theft, thousands.  3 days later a plod turned up for 5 minutes to LOOK and he said that it was only possible because the bloke who had been booked to use the car hadn't turned up for work. He wasn't going to walk down to look.!!

This. I think this every time National Service is brought up, who the hell will pay for it? It’ll be an enormous drain on resources. It will never pay for itself.

50 minutes ago, Genghis said:

This. I think this every time National Service is brought up, who the hell will pay for it? It’ll be an enormous drain on resources. It will never pay for itself.

This. Simply there are no longer the barracks still existing to house all these. Royal Navy, Army. Air Force the infrastructure doesn't exist...most of it now has long been sold off, demolished, built on for "detached executive housing".

Come on chaps, does anyone really believe this is a serious proposal?

"General Sir Patrick Sanders warned that an increase in reserve forces alone "would not be enough".

Actually means... Military big wig sounds off to worry people and hopefully increase his budget (that will be spent on equipment that is hopelessly ineffective and by the time it's sorted out it'll be outdated).

On 26/01/2024 at 18:47, Wymondley said:

Although some hard work and military discipline may be just what they need.

They'd of had that in their training camps back home.

On 26/01/2024 at 18:59, Rewulf said:

Mobile Infantry - Service Guarantees Citizenship" Sticker for Sale by McPod  | Redbubble

🤣🤣🤣

Funny films.

On 27/01/2024 at 20:05, enfieldspares said:

This. Simply there are no longer the barracks still existing to house all these. Royal Navy, Army. Air Force the infrastructure doesn't exist...most of it now has long been sold off, demolished, built on for "detached executive housing".

Or turned into camps to house illegal migrants, i.e. Weathersfield and Scampton.

On 27/01/2024 at 10:08, Rewulf said:

Under Biden we have 3 major conflicts ongoing....

Blows my mind that people are still parroting the "Muh Trump's gonna start WW3" line, when under magic grampa the Doomsday clock is the closest it's been to midnight since the end of the cold war.

I suppose a better question would be to wonder how many wars Michelle Obama will start.

On 27/01/2024 at 19:13, Genghis said:

It's brought up, invariably by boomers who never had to do it themselves, as some sort of cure-all to the nation's problems, for whom seemingly the cold war/obvious need for professional armed forces never happened, despite living through it.

On 26/01/2024 at 17:16, McSpredder said:

This, again?  I did a long, some would say rambling, post detailing why the Swiss want to get away from their current model, for all the reasons above and more, and the response was....'So it does work'

Just where on earth are conscript armies effective, in this century?