Range Rover

Mable

The last proper Range Rover was what is now referred to as the classic. The last proper Land Rover was the old Defender. 

Land Rover Range Rover now only make expensive luxury cars that have a range of all wheel drive that's not suitable for off tarmac unless extremely mild.

Range rovers are really struggling just now with the insurance costs spiralling folk are trying to get rid of them but with so many being stolen a lot of garages dont want them so folk are left with a car there payments are now more than the cars worth , and that monster might only be any use for the school run how Range rovers have dropped in the market 

15 minutes ago, Weihrauch17 said:

A car uglier than a Nissan Juke, some achievement!

Surely, the Juke was designed by a cartoonist?

33 minutes ago, Bigbob said:

folk are left with a car there payments are now more than the cars worth

“Payments” are always more than the car is worth! 
I have never bought a car on “payments” in my life.

19 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Only if he was blind and his guide dog did the work.    :w00t:

there have been some awful looking cars desighns...........................remember the posh top of the range ford that came out.....at the launch the agents laughed at itandrefused to stock it as it looked like a wide mouthed frog ...........it took a couple of months and ford redid the front grill and surround...as folk just did not buy it

when was it ? mid 80's ?

3 hours ago, Bigbob said:

Range rovers are really struggling just now with the insurance costs spiralling folk are trying to get rid of them but with so many being stolen a lot of garages dont want them so folk are left with a car there payments are now more than the cars worth , and that monster might only be any use for the school run how Range rovers have dropped in the market 

My old BMW Touring (BMW speak for estate) is coming to end of life (I've had it 17 years and last MoT had 14 advisories!).  One of RangeRovers products (2nd hand) was a possible replacement, but I have heard so many horror stories on cost, reliability and dealers unable to fix faults ......... I'm pretty sure I'll not be buying from them.  I still have my 1993 Defender 90.  Nothing decided yet, but it definitely wouldn't be the one shown as the subject of this thread even if I won the lottery!

35 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

My old BMW Touring (BMW speak for estate) is coming to end of life (I've had it 17 years and last MoT had 14 advisories!).  One of RangeRovers products (2nd hand) was a possible replacement, but I have heard so many horror stories on cost, reliability and dealers unable to fix faults ......... I'm pretty sure I'll not be buying from them.  I still have my 1993 Defender 90.  Nothing decided yet, but it definitely wouldn't be the one shown as the subject of this thread even if I won the lottery!

No Spares and you can't insure them, what is not to like.

1 minute ago, Weihrauch17 said:

No Spares and you can't insure them, what is not to like.

That and some fairly horrific stories on random engine failures - even failed crankshafts, software issues, having to change whole rear light clusters at HUGE cost (when you can get them) when water gets in.  Too many (in fact FAR too many) 'high risks' of sudden wallet emptying 'events'.

The outgoing BMW had a few 'high cost' failures, but I had a 10 year warranty as part of the purchase for quite a modest price.