Shop theft

Good shot?

A few years ago I'd been on a night out for a few drinks and had been picked up by my partner, she wanted something from Tesco and on pulling into the car park we arrived just in time for two guys to come bolting out of Tesco door with items under their arms and a Tesco employee shouting for them to stop. I jumped out of the car and gave chase for probably close to half a mile and as I caught up to them, they jumped through a hedge to get away, already having dropped the stolen items, I shoved my arm into the hedge to move the branches to follow them and quickly took it back out, now noticing in the dark my hand looking like a porcupine from all the Blackthorn spikes. I decided against following them through that and chuckled to myself, figuring if my hand was like that, they must be in a world of pain.

1 hour ago, 12gauge82 said:

A few years ago I'd been on a night out for a few drinks and had been picked up by my partner, she wanted something from Tesco and on pulling into the car park we arrived just in time for two guys to come bolting out of Tesco door with items under their arms and a Tesco employee shouting for them to stop. I jumped out of the car and gave chase for probably close to half a mile and as I caught up to them, they jumped through a hedge to get away, already having dropped the stolen items, I shoved my arm into the hedge to move the branches to follow them and quickly took it back out, now noticing in the dark my hand looking like a porcupine from all the Blackthorn spikes. I decided against following them through that and chuckled to myself, figuring if my hand was like that, they must be in a world of pain.

Well done, good effort.

3 hours ago, 12gauge82 said:

jumped out of the car and gave chase for probably close to half a mile and as I caught up to them

Shocking, who can run half a mile after a few beers 🥳🥳🍻

Nothing different than Erdington high street 20 odd years ago. Gangs of 12 -15 yobs of a certain eastern block type used to appear, rifle the free samples from food shops and walk off scot free. Sensibly on occasion a lone copper would disappear. 

22 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

May as well bin the police and save the money if they do nothing.

Sounds like a good idea to me, pretty sure that ,in time, people will start looking for alternatives to a service that fails to deliver most of the time.

We just continue to accept this, but complain about the cost of purchase's we all make. 

So basically its status quo , they continue to steal what they want and our shopping bill continues to increase or worse still these businesses close and towns become void of shops and then onto slum areas full of dossers and drug dependant low life. 

9 minutes ago, Dougy said:

We just continue to accept this

I think the vast majority of people are very far from 'accepting' this - but it is up to the various 'authorities' to act - Joe public can't .......... and to be frank, the authorities can't be bothered.  It's easier to just pass on the costs.  As you rightly say - all of us who are honest and pay - subsidise the thieves.  No one likes subsidising thieves.

For a whole variety of (very valid) reasons listed in the thread above, nothing is done.  Unless something is done, then I think things will get worse.

Edited by JohnfromUK

11 hours ago, ditchman said:

it isnt shop theft or pilfering ....its BLOODY LOOTING ...and we know what happen to looters elswhere in the world

Blimey, that would be a deterrent, now come on we don't want any of that in this new WOKE world.

Everybody is invited in and there are no nasty consequences.

23 hours ago, Poor Shot said:

What came of the offender? 

To attack someone else with a hyperdermic needle should be no less than an attempted murder charge regardless of the end result. 

There is a rising scum class in the UK who care for no one, are afraid of nothing and have nothing to lose. They are effectively living in a lawless society as in most cases, a prison sentence is much preferable to their current position. They are fit only to be made into dog food or fertiliser. 

She got 6 months. Her, and her partner went on to another supermarket.  She held Police and Security at bay with the needle, they gassed her. If it had been a serving Bobby that had been stuck, she would not have got a custodial sentence  !   🙄   Occupational  Hazard. 

21 hours ago, 12gauge82 said:

RESULT  !

Edited by Westley

One of the funniest things that I have witnessed, was 2 'Eastern  Ladies' ( I use the term loosely) in Superdrug, applying make up to each other, using stock off the shelves, and then leaving the store. Problem being there was not sufficient stock on the shelves to have made any significant improvements  !  🤣

29 minutes ago, Westley said:

One of the funniest things that I have witnessed, was 2 'Eastern  Ladies' ( I use the term loosely) in Superdrug, applying make up to each other, using stock off the shelves, and then leaving the store. Problem being there was not sufficient stock on the shelves to have made any significant improvements  !  🤣

Perhaps Superdrug should stock.......................

1 1 trowel.jpg

Its also the cost of going to court for a total waste of time . While i worked in security we would often go to court for people we caught stealing stuff .They would often plead not guilty waiting to see What witnesses turned up then change there plea to guilty . So a witness would be left in little room all day then told they wouldn't be needed and then go and claim there expenses . Leaving the company paying there wages and staff not there But you get your travelling expenses back and £1'50 for a meal , Where do you get a meal for £1'50?. 

55 minutes ago, Bigbob said:

Its also the cost of going to court for a total waste of time . While i worked in security we would often go to court for people we caught stealing stuff .They would often plead not guilty waiting to see What witnesses turned up then change there plea to guilty . So a witness would be left in little room all day then told they wouldn't be needed and then go and claim there expenses . Leaving the company paying there wages and staff not there But you get your travelling expenses back and £1'50 for a meal , Where do you get a meal for £1'50?. 

Ask Lee Anderson 🤣🤣🤣

if i was to open a shop now ...folk would be served at a bullet proof hatch...and their order would be pushed thro after payment has gone thro.....nobody would be allowed access to the shop....

8 minutes ago, ditchman said:

if i was to open a shop now ...folk would be served at a bullet proof hatch...and their order would be pushed thro after payment has gone thro.....nobody would be allowed access to the shop....

There was lad called Big Al must of been close to 7 foot had a paper shop that was open at 6am so i often popped in for a paper  and milk on the way to work , it was near a School and it would be queued round the block with school kids , Well one must of said something to him and Big Al  backhanded him he ended up in court and was lucky to get off with a big fine , After that at lunchtime there was a shelf put across the door and he served them from there , Think his wife took her own lunch hour working in the shop maybe it was part off the court conditions???> 

I went in one gun shop in the States where you had to ring the buzzer at the locked door. The three staff would look who was there and, in my case, being unknown to them, they all deployed to separate corners and stood with hands on their holstered 1911 forty fives whilst one opened the door remotely. I ordered and paid for the scope I wanted to buy for next day collection. When I called the door was opened immediately I was recognised, but one of the staff still hovered in a corner fingering his 1911. The boss was really friendly on that second day and took me out the back to show me his hog shot that morning.

19 minutes ago, London Best said:

I went in one gun shop in the States where you had to ring the buzzer at the locked door. The three staff would look who was there and, in my case, being unknown to them, they all deployed to separate corners and stood with hands on their holstered 1911 forty fives whilst one opened the door remotely. I ordered and paid for the scope I wanted to buy for next day collection. When I called the door was opened immediately I was recognised, but one of the staff still hovered in a corner fingering his 1911. The boss was really friendly on that second day and took me out the back to show me his hog shot that morning.

that is not unusal for gun shops in the US......what i will say is once you are reqonised ...you are treated like royalty........really depends where you are i suppose...the gunshop i used to frequent was no bigger than a single garage...and a large part of that was taken up with a coffee machineand a large fridge with beer in it...the owner aleays sat behind a counter doing stuff wearing a fast rig......

14 hours ago, ditchman said:

that is not unusal for gun shops in the US......what i will say is once you are reqonised ...you are treated like royalty........really depends where you are i suppose...the gunshop i used to frequent was no bigger than a single garage...and a large part of that was taken up with a coffee machineand a large fridge with beer in it...the owner aleays sat behind a counter doing stuff wearing a fast rig......

I agree, my example was just one of many gun shops I have visited in US.

In another one I asked how you would go about deer hunting in that state. 
The answer was that the state was divided into four areas. You had to buy a lottery ticket and enter a draw for a deer tag. But you could enter all four draws. 
The shop owner said, “y’all don’t have many deer in U.K. do you?” 
When I told him how many I would shoot in an average year (quite a modest number) he got all excited and started yelling for his assistant to come and join the conversation. He said, “I ain’t never SEEN that many deer!” 
I can’t imagine what his reaction would have been if I had been shooting seriously big numbers like many people do.

16 hours ago, ditchman said:

I think Amazon beat you to it  !   😃