Lee Anderson joins Reform UK

johnphilip

Another nail in the tories coffin, self administered.
No doubt the MSM will go on the attack with Lee, and make him out to be secret member of the nazi party or something.

Get ready for dark times if labour get in power.

25 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Another nail in the tories coffin, self administered.
No doubt the MSM will go on the attack with Lee, and make him out to be secret member of the nazi party or something.

Get ready for dark times if labour get in power.

All ready started  with the gutter press 

https://www.youtube.com/live/IpuqmPPR2oo?si=_wUnatnvReiIw6sj

30 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

Brilliant news, reform could become the new Conservative party for real Conservatives if reform get enough support at the ballot box.

I see it as a real opportunity to turn the tide on our countries decline.

i really do hope so👍

5 hours ago, ditchman said:

with the current voting system ...aint never going to happen

I'm thinking along the same lines - except that now voters have felt so mugged off by the two **** big parties they will rebel and try another party at least parading as having british interests at heart out of desperation.

Hamas shielders will also be diluting main party votes courtesy of the scottish troll with a lot of mouth.

With two decently supported alternatives there may now just be a chance to break the ConLab fixed menu.

20 minutes ago, ditchman said:

with the current voting system ...aint never going to happen

As it's almost certain Labour will win the next election, I see a vote for the Conservatives as a wasted vote, may as well give it to Reform.

I doubt Reform will get  to be the next major party, but it might just shake the Tories up enough they go back to being a proper conservative party.

Interesting times ahead.

12 minutes ago, Wymondley said:

As it's almost certain Labour will win the next election, I see a vote for the Conservatives as a wasted vote, may as well give it to Reform.

I doubt Reform will get  to be the next major party, but it might just shake the Tories up enough they go back to being a proper conservative party.

Interesting times ahead.

and when did the conservertives ever listen to reason/sense ?............when they become less self obsessed ..arrogant....greedy....devious....perverted.........??

He's now been both cheeks of the same backside, to mis-quote Galloway, and that'll make the third party he's represented.

If only Reform had any actual policies.  As far as I can tell, they have no plans to reform anything.  Their leader is far too enthusiastic about continuing the proxy war in Ukraine too.

43 minutes ago, udderlyoffroad said:

He's now been both cheeks of the same backside, to mis-quote Galloway, and that'll make the third party he's represented.

If only Reform had any actual policies.  As far as I can tell, they have no plans to reform anything.  Their leader is far too enthusiastic about continuing the proxy war in Ukraine too.

I don't know, I took a listen to Richard twice on radio 4 a couple of weeks ago and he sounded switched on and had some very common sense ideas. Either way it's got to be worth a shot, the Conservatives are finished and not conservative anymore anyway.

A man of real principles, starting in Labour, moving to the Cons and now over to Reform. 

A man who said if you change party during your time in the seat you should immediately call a by-election to ensure you have the support of your constituents, and is now refusing to call a by-election. 

He’s hardly a breath of fresh air is he? Seems just as bad (I feel worse) than the current lot! 

1 hour ago, wyn said:

After the Rochdale result there could be a lot more independent candidates representing Moslem views.

With Labour's stance on Gaza they could hemorrhage Moslem voters.

100 % correct . Things are going to get interesting. 

2 hours ago, Lloyd90 said:

A man of real principles, starting in Labour, moving to the Cons and now over to Reform. 

A man who said if you change party during your time in the seat you should immediately call a by-election to ensure you have the support of your constituents, and is now refusing to call a by-election. 

He’s hardly a breath of fresh air is he? Seems just as bad (I feel worse) than the current lot! 

Sine the main parties are continuing their move to the left, I would suggest it is not Lee leaving Labour and then Conservatives, but rather the parties leaving Lee......

With regards resigning and calling another "costly" by election (which may not happen before the proposed May election date), if he is still representing his constituents who a lot of are now supporting Reform, is he still not following their mandate as we vote for the person, not the party?

3 hours ago, Lloyd90 said:

He is perfectly entitled to change his mind (or jump ship onto the next one) - as he clearly has done twice now.  He will likely move again if he things it will benefit him.  I vote for a person whose views agree with my own and he/she is prepared to represent those views in Parliament. 

I wouldn't vote for someone who just changes with the way the wind is blowing today.

to all the Lee Anderson knockers.

he started off as a labour (local) COUNCILLOR (not an MP) before joining what he thought was a right wing conservative party only to be disappointed and then joining Reform (an actual right wing party) 

HTH

Edited by Zoli 12 guage

7 minutes ago, ditchman said:

just to remind everyone...Winston Churchill...was good at jumping ship....to get into a position he wanted..........he also stood in more constituencies than george galloway i think 

Yes. They didn't think much of Churchill when he stood in Leicester! He didn't win. December 1923 for the National Liberals. West Leicester. Beaten by the Labour candidate. And where did each go to school? Churchill went to Harrow and the winner, Labour's Pethick-Lawrence was at Eton. Both true "men of the people"!

Edited by enfieldspares