Surrey Police incident with cow?

old man

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Danged if you do and danged if ya don't: at least nobody got hurt either directly of if someone had to swerve a car to avoid it and caused a bad accident.

I'm thinking how much grief there'd be given out if the calf got really spooked and hurt someone, I saw it was following a guy around a car.

Edited by Dave-G

I understand that it's beefburgers only in the police canteen for the next month 🍔🍟

Definitely an overreaction by the police,,,, obviously there will be an enquiry 🫡

In these sort of situations there will always be ifs, buts and maybes. The enquiry will apportion blame etc where it's deserved.

Fundamentally, how did this animal get to be out on public roads ?

Just now, JKD said:

In these sort of situations there will always be ifs, buts and maybes. The enquiry will apportion blame etc where it's deserved.

Fundamentally, how did this animal get to be out on public roads ?

There you go...https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13535601/calf-rammed-police-squad-car-escaping-recovering-die-shock.html

The way I see it,,,, unpredictable animal roaming the streets,,,, police arrive to deal with the situation,,,, couldn't properly deal with situation,,,, police "what's the worse case scenario ?",,,, let's not let that happen, hit the animal with a car to take out the immediate threat, and deal with the outcome later [it's only an animal isn't it !] 🤷‍♂️

3 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Why didn't a Firearms Team shoot it?

in residential area  & backstops don't think so.

i'm sure it could of been pushed into some ones garden then picked up .it was only a calf. yes it would of chewed the place up but farmer would cover damage

Edited by Remimax

6 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Why didn't a Firearms Team shoot it?

Jesus...it was a young calf, pity there was no one who spends time around farms and live stock, it would have followed someone with a feed bag, in fact it tried to follow the guy in shorts, it wasn't trying to kill him.

The police should have contingency plans to deal with such incidents, specially those near rural areas.

3 minutes ago, Remimax said:

in residential area  & backstops don't think so.

i'm sure it could of been pushed into some ones garden then picked up .it was only a calf. yes it would of chewed the place up but farmer would cover damage

:good:

Best is, the farm was only a mile away.

Edited by old'un

12 minutes ago, JKD said:

The way I see it,,,, unpredictable animal roaming the streets,,,, police arrive to deal with the situation,,,, couldn't properly deal with situation,,,, police "what's the worse case scenario ?",,,, let's not let that happen, hit the animal with a car to take out the immediate threat, and deal with the outcome later [it's only an animal isn't it !] 🤷‍♂️

Yep, and it took them a number of hours to work that one out. :no:

4 minutes ago, old'un said:

Jesus...it was a young calf, pity there was no one who spends time around farms and live stock, it would have followed someone with a feed bag, in fact it tried to follow the guy in shorts, it wasn't trying to kill him.

The police should have contingency plans to deal with such incidents, specially those near rural areas.

:good:

Best is, the farm was only a mile away.

Agreed 👍

They are timid creatures in reality, but a scared unpredictable animal is, well,,,, unpredictable 🤷‍♂️ Like I said previously,,,, if,,, but,,, maybe,,,,,,, could of done this,  that or the ,,,, rest 🤔 Actually, a TPAC would have worked in the right position 🫣🤭

8 minutes ago, old'un said:

Yep, and it took them a number of hours to work that one out. :no:

Was replying to your other,,,,,,

Perhaps the chief super wasn't available to advise,,,, out for a meal with his family ? Tongue in cheek reply 😉

That was a disgraceful police response through ignorance, definitely a case of inhumane action and hopefully a legal court case to follow. I wonder how the RSPCA will respond? Residential area so no fast moving traffic, cow certainly doesn't appear to be charging around so probably could have been guided else where. It doesn't exactly appear to be a threat to human life and certainly didn't deserve to be subjected to so much suffering.

Edited by Dasher

14 minutes ago, Dasher said:

That was a disgraceful police response through ignorance, definitely a case of inhumane action and hopefully a legal court case to follow. I wonder how the RSPCA will respond? Residential area so no fast moving traffic, cow certainly doesn't appear to be charging around so probably could have been guided else where. It doesn't exactly appear to be a threat to human life and certainly didn't deserve to be subjected to so much suffering.

this

Clueless over reaction . Bit of a **** head i think. Someone with no clue at all would have had more of a clue than him. I remember a few years ago i had to go to police station to look at some mug shots . While i was waiting someone had obviously handed in a couple of air rifles . The two police looking at them were acting as though it was a couple of Barrett 50.cal rifles . Both were side levers and that really confused them🤣. Heard one say where does the magazine go and both were trying to break the barrel.