ditchman

19 minutes ago, old'un said:

My sister lives on a council estate, the woman next door is a single mom of three, she’s about 35 years old and as never worked, I have met her a few times when visiting my sisters, she seems a nice enough but is always saying they are living in “poverty” and cant afford this and that but looking at some of her possessions and lifestyle I would argue that claim.

Maybe your survey of errrr 1 is not so representative. Do you think? 

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have seen poverty, I have also seen people who plead poverty. 
True poverty still exists today, I am sure people on her can also confirm 

Edited by ph5172

3 hours ago, oowee said:

Now there is a very visible divide between those that have and those that don't

The divide probably starts with those willing to work, rather than expecting a hand out.

56 minutes ago, janner said:

Personally,I dont think that owning an iphone or eating takeaways whilst pleading poverty is possible.

That I can agree with, loads will moan about how tough things are, whilst never doing a day's work, claiming for everything they can but spending money on phones, takeaway holidays and more, whilst none of it is necessary. 

50 minutes ago, oowee said:

Maybe your survey of errrr 1 is not so representative. Do you think? 

I was born in 1950 and my parents struggled, dad got TB when he was 25, I was 5 years old at the time and he spent 5 years recovering after having one of his lungs removed, the house we lived in had no inside toilet or heating, apart from one coal fire in the living room, the curtains in my bedroom froze to the windows in winter, most of our cloths were hand-me-downs, secondhand, we never had a TV or phone in the house…...but my mom always managed to put us in clean cloths and a good meal on the table, if we were living in those conditions today I dare say we would come somewhere under the “poverty” banner.

57 minutes ago, Mice! said:

The divide probably starts with those willing to work, rather than expecting a hand out.

That I can agree with, loads will moan about how tough things are, whilst never doing a day's work, claiming for everything they can but spending money on phones, takeaway holidays and more, whilst none of it is necessary. 

Will they not need a phone for job applications? Internet for job searches? How about banking to collect a giro (or whatever it is). 

4 hours ago, clangerman said:

as there has been no arrest even on suspicion clearly cobblers! 

It is a very difficult situation for the police to arrest parents when young children are involved and until the situation is more resolved the public does not have the right to know anything.The family are Rumanian gypsies so they are treading on eggshells.Amazing how a families situation can be turned into a riot and looting situation The main stream media will not tell you things that doesn't fit their agenda.It is not cobblers and might I suggest if you want true reporting you look to other media streams. Mahar Tousi TV

from Auntie.

2 minutes ago, 100milesaway said:

It is a very difficult situation for the police to arrest parents when young children are involved and until the situation is more resolved the public does not have the right to know anything.The family are Rumanian gypsies so they are treading on eggshells.Amazing how a families situation can be turned into a riot and looting situation The main stream media will not tell you things that doesn't fit their agenda.It is not cobblers and might I suggest if you want true reporting you look to other media streams. Mahar Tousi TV

from Auntie.

I have no idea if their children being taken away, or if they were whether it was for a good reason. But I do know if you were to remove someones children for no good reason, all hell would be very likely to break out. 

34 minutes ago, 100milesaway said:

from Auntie.

as the daughter is involved safeguarding children of vulnerable women on a daily basis I know exactly how this sort of thing works to claim agencies are treading on egg shells when a child’s safety is at risk tells me you have no such insight my friend 

I think a 9 month old baby dropped on it's head would probably be classed as good reason.

janner - got to love your diatribe, containing no "facts", but merely your generalised rantings. I honestly laughed when I read it. Brilliantly bonkers. 🙂

2 hours ago, oowee said:

Will they not need a phone for job applications? Internet for job searches? How about banking to collect a giro (or whatever it is). 

Have all those with a fancy new phone ( or even a basic phone) got jobs then? Not a chance, my phone bill is about £8 a month and I bought the phone from Argos, 3 years old and I need a new one, I could happily go buy one tomorrow with my own money I've earned,  but it's the hassle I can't be bothered with. 

Lots of people screaming poverty spend what they get on stuff they don't need, fags/vapes,  takeaways, phones and anything else they want, I very much doubt there will be many rioting and looting who went in work the day after.

As for the Giro, easy just walk to a post office, most probably want cash anyway 🤷‍♂️

10 minutes ago, Mice! said:

Have all those with a fancy new phone ( or even a basic phone) got jobs then? Not a chance, my phone bill is about £8 a month and I bought the phone from Argos, 3 years old and I need a new one, I could happily go buy one tomorrow with my own money I've earned,  but it's the hassle I can't be bothered with. 

Lots of people screaming poverty spend what they get on stuff they don't need, fags/vapes,  takeaways, phones and anything else they want, I very much doubt there will be many rioting and looting who went in work the day after.

As for the Giro, easy just walk to a post office, most probably want cash anyway 🤷‍♂️

They do. 

So whats your point? 

12 hours ago, Raja Clavata said:

I think Truss beats her hands down. May was caught between a rock and a hard place but is fundamentally a decent person.

Love a bit of Zappa but I must admit you threw me with the 60’s, pretty sure it was early 70’s.

PS I don’t think he literally meant believe nothing…

A decent person, she betrayed Brexit no doubt to your joy.

3 hours ago, johnphilip said:

When did you ever have a job .

He was a Civil Servant so never.

1 hour ago, Weihrauch17 said:

Hmmm, try telling that to these Civil Servants that they ‘never’ work IMG_3559.png.8cb580aa1036a6b198ee6d27e80b5d31.png

On 19/07/2024 at 11:55, London Best said:

You’ve never been to Leeds, have you oowee?

On 19/07/2024 at 11:55, London Best said:

You’ve never been to Leeds, have you oowee?

I bet he has never had a drink or a meal in Harehills

7 hours ago, Weihrauch17 said:

The banality of the second sentence tempers the credibility of the first. If I was listing betrayers based on Brexit I’d probably start with Cameron for instigating it in the first place closely followed by the promoters of it making false claims on both the viability of the outcome and the advantages of it. So, back to the usual suspects.

7 hours ago, johnphilip said:

Did they show them making it ?

Parse-error-in-question, please-(don’t)-try-again.

From the tippling philosopher, interviews at the Republican party Conference.

A brilliant interview with Farage by Emily Maitland starts at 8.45. Follows on with some Maga MTG makes you realise our politics is not as bad as you think. 

Edited by oowee