Soldier attacked

welsh1

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, henry d said:

Well built or big tummy, semantics when it suits.

Hang him high!

So, to recap, where are we on the most probable emerging motivation for the attack? Do you still think jilted lover and work based dispute remain on the table?

I just wondered what will get used to maintain your distance from the elephant in the room? 😀

Now would be a good time to express a view that it is improper to speculate like everyone in the country is doing right now (and there’s an interesting article on the subject in the DT) but you should appreciate that discussion and speculation is part of real life as well as forum life.

13 minutes ago, Good shot? said:

Would I be correct in saying that some praise would be in order for the member of the public who followed the attacker by car.

Absolutely, I only wish they could have used the car to run over the attacker before he caused such serious injury to the soldier. 

19 minutes ago, henry d said:

Hang him high!

On a serious note, I agree, I think it's high time this country had a serious conversation about capital punishment and without speculating if this case was, I think a terrorist attack either taking or endangering life would be a good place to start. 

15 minutes ago, Mungler said:

I just wondered what will get used to maintain your distance from the elephant in the room? 😀

<SNIPPED>

.... but you should appreciate that discussion and speculation is part of real life as well as forum life.

The big elephant is jumping to conclusions, how about the marvellous slouths of PW and the Nicola Bulley case?

If I have to get ridiculous about things at least it gets a discourse going. Some people's are just A-B and no possibility of any other direction. 

The "slouths" were useless in the Nicola Bulley case, as most people didn't know what a slouth was. 🙂

On a more serious note, just what makes a British soldier a target for a stabbing? What does it achieve for any individual or cause, other than making people think that they have a screw loose.

Edited by Gordon R

18 minutes ago, henry d said:

The big elephant is jumping to conclusions, how about the marvellous slouths of PW and the Nicola Bulley case?

If I have to get ridiculous about things at least it gets a discourse going. Some people's are just A-B and no possibility of any other direction. 

Jumping to conclusions??

Nut job with a knife targeted a man in uniform,  stabbed him multiple times and was it seems followed home by a member of the public where he was subsequently arrested, that's about as open and shut as a case could be, its just a shame he wasn't shot.

The two cases could not be more dissimilar.

Like the bloke in Wigan last week stabbing someone on the street, and everywhere else it's happening,  arresting these people isn't stopping it, knowing your going to risk the armed police turning up and shooting first should make people think.

36 minutes ago, henry d said:

The thing is, you've berated people for assuming the most likely reasons for the attack. Yet offered no alternative opinion. 

Like with anything in life, it's very easy to criticise others opinions, but no so easy to come up with your own answers. 

1 hour ago, henry d said:

1 hour ago, Mice! said:

Jumping to conclusions??

Nut job with a knife targeted a man in uniform,  stabbed him multiple times and was it seems followed home by a member of the public where he was subsequently arrested, that's about as open and shut as a case could be, its just a shame he wasn't shot.

The two cases could not be more dissimilar.

Like the bloke in Wigan last week stabbing someone on the street, and everywhere else it's happening,  arresting these people isn't stopping it, knowing your going to risk the armed police turning up and shooting first should make people think.

That doesn't sound mentally ill to me that is premeditated and knew exactly what he was doing 

1 hour ago, Gordon R said:

The "slouths" were useless in the Nicola Bulley case, as most people didn't know what a slouth was. 🙂

On a more serious note, just what makes a British soldier a target for a stabbing? What does it achieve for any individual or cause, other than making people think that they have a screw loose.

I was thinking about this last night. If I was a religious terrorist I would have thought I would want to attack the religion, Why pick on some random soldier I just don't get it. 

1 hour ago, Gordon R said:

As someone has pointed out, it's hard to tell the difference.

This ^^^^ Whatever bent out of shape cause the perp has conjured up is simply an excuse for some derangement in the head. 

45 minutes ago, yickdaz said:

That doesn't sound mentally ill to me that is premeditated and knew exactly what he was doing 

I don't think they are likely to have the capacity for thinking beyond the action. He may have known what he was doing but why was he doing it? 

3 minutes ago, oowee said:

I was thinking about this last night. If I was a religious terrorist I would have thought I would want to attack the religion, Why pick on some random soldier I just don't get it. 

This ^^^^ Whatever bent out of shape cause the perp has conjured up is simply an excuse for some derangement in the head. 

I don't think they are likely to have the capacity for thinking beyond the action. He may have known what he was doing but why was he doing it? 

Same reason those other two killed Lee rigby, therecwas a lot of bystanders around that day even talking to the killers why wasn't they attacked 

3 hours ago, Good shot? said:

I would certainly be happy to bet on the outcome being either terrorist or mental health. Not necessarily in that order. Would anyone bet otherwise?

Yes, I'd say it was a racist attack, because whatever his state of mind I very much doubt he'd have picked a black victim.

40 minutes ago, Wymondley said:

Yes, I'd say it was a racist attack, because whatever his state of mind I very much doubt he'd have picked a black victim.

maybe being a bit straight to the point here, but,maybe the non whites are running a bit short of other non white victims as there seems to be no closed season as such for the perpetrators of these ever increasing crimes to adhere to🤔

should Packham and his wild justice cronies get involved🤔