Manchester airport police kick

Dave-G

Bit of a side note, but that's the complete opposite of several solicitors I've had the displeasure of dealing with. Though I have met some straight ones to. 

I must have been lucky. The lad who presented the case against Mark Fellows (the killer of gangland boss Paul Massey) - Professor David McLachlan KC is a personal friend - top lad, who isn't afraid to buy his round. 🙂

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i was wondering just now what i would have done.........

........so there i was in a situation that was starting to escalate....i was carrying a loaded 9mm sidearm.....i think i would have gone in alot harder than that...and put the agressor down bad as i would be worrying about the others setting on me and taking my side arm and causing serious damage......

am i wrong to think that ?

9 minutes ago, yickdaz said:

mobile phones 

ring door bells

cctv 

body cams 

with all these watching 24/7 thats never going to happen these days, so  you would of thought we should have footage of the whole incident by now  

THAT is NEVER going to happen, especially as the incident is now being treated as a criminal investigation. 40,000 assaults on Police Officers last year. I think it was something like 5 custodial sentences handed out.

This is a very tragic incident for all concerned and we will have to await a proper investigation to take place and report.

l am no expert on facial or any other injuries, not being medically trained, but l have to ask the question about the facial injuries of that unfortunate police officer with a broken nose and two black eyes, why has she not got bloodshot eyes, swelling or broken veins in her eyes? No red,black or yellowing from the brusing. Not trying to court controvosey here, but just asking the question.

10 minutes ago, ditchman said:

i was wondering just now what i would have done.........

........so there i was in a situation that was starting to escalate....i was carrying a loaded 9mm sidearm.....i think i would have gone in alot harder than that...and put the agressor down bad as i would be worrying about the others setting on me and taking my side arm and causing serious damage......

am i wrong to think that ?

Makes you wonder how they manage to make arrests here where all the police are armed, without kicking them in the head 🤔

2 minutes ago, Flyboy1950 said:

l am no expert on facial or any other injuries, not being medically trained, but l have to ask the question about the facial injuries of that unfortunate police officer with a broken nose and two black eyes, why has she not got bloodshot eyes, swelling or broken veins in her eyes? No red,black or yellowing from the brusing. Not trying to court controvosey here, but just asking the question.

if you take sort of hiding that pic is trying to show your eyes are swollen shut it’s cobblers 

3 minutes ago, ordnance said:

Makes you wonder how they manage to make arrests here where all the police are armed, without kicking them in the head 🤔

How many draw and fire their weapon each year??

I see armed police every week around work, its only recently that I've noticed they aren't all big coppers like they used to be, I can well imagine someone thinking I'll get that gun off of her, so then it's an attacker armed with a pistol, a taser is no good then.

4 minutes ago, clangerman said:

if you take sort of hiding that pic is trying to show your eyes are swollen shut it’s cobblers 

My eyes weren't swollen shut the last time my nose was broken, and I can smell round corners.

19 minutes ago, Mice! said:

How many draw and fire their weapon each year??

I see armed police every week around work, its only recently that I've noticed they aren't all big coppers like they used to be, I can well imagine someone thinking I'll get that gun off of her, so then it's an attacker armed with a pistol, a taser is no good then.

My eyes weren't swollen shut the last time my nose was broken, and I can smell round corners.

What's how often they draw their weapons got to do with anything 🤔

1 hour ago, Mice! said:

Lack of evidence,  well she clearly fell onto his fist then!!

That only happens one way, someone punches, head butt's or elbows you in the nose, you don't get two black eyes and a broken nose from a scuffle.

Pure conjecture I'm afraid 😐

"That" could easily happen from a glancing blow from,,,, the handle of a suitcase as she fell onto it during a scuffle,,,, a flailing arm from a colleague during a scuffle,,, etc 😉

57 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

I must have been lucky. The lad who presented the case against Mark Fellows (the killer of gangland boss Paul Massey) - Professor David McLachlan KC is a personal friend - top lad, who isn't afraid to buy his round. 🙂

Fair one. But then I doubt you get to that level in the profession by being little better than the criminals you defend. 

4 minutes ago, henry d said:

Did you fact check it? False photos are circulating including that one. 

https://fullfact.org/online/manchester-airport-incident-female-police-officer/

Screenshot_20240726_182802_Chrome.jpg.fe72479a0a34163bf9b4ef42bef902dc.jpg

To be honest, playing a small section of footage from a full incident is little better than fake news either. It'll only show what the person posting the footage wants you to see. 

1 minute ago, 12gauge82 said:

To be honest, playing a small section of footage from a full incident is little better than fake news either. It'll only show what the person posting the footage wants you to see. 

He was kicked in the head when on the ground what went on before is irrelevant 

5 minutes ago, Duckandswing said:

I was brought up to believe that if you’re in a scrap and the other person hits the deck then you leave them be. Never kick a man that’s down.

There didn’t seem any reason to give him a shoeing at that point.

I was taught.  when they hit the deck make sure they stay there whatever it takes.

Just now, ordnance said:

He was kicked in the head when on the ground what went on before is irrelevant 

Is it? 

Here's a unconnected scenario for you, your set upon by 2 individuals trying to assault you, you manage to knock one to the floor while the other one is still advancing on you, you have nowhere to retreat and the person on the floor is getting back up. 

do you

A) alow him to get back up and wait to be attacked by 2 people again

Or

B) Deliver a kick and stamp on the person on the floor, preventing him rejoining the fight and now only face 1 attacker. 

If you chose A you got beaten to a pulp and if you chose B, only the bit where you kicked a downed man is shown from mobile phone footage. 

Has this any relevance to the incident, I've no idea! But neither do you, what I do know, is things aren't always as they seem. 

21 minutes ago, ordnance said:

What's how often they draw their weapons got to do with anything 🤔

I was just asking because it wouldn't make the news over here if something happened in NI, if people new that having a go at Armed police meant they were likely to get shot it's not going to happen, drawing their weapon is the last resort over here.

Is it? 

Here's a unconnected scenario for you, your set upon by 2 individuals trying to assault you, you manage to knock one to the floor while the other one is still advancing on you, you have nowhere to retreat and the person on the floor is getting back up. 

do you

A) alow him to get back up and wait to be attacked by 2 people again

Or

B) Deliver a kick and stamp on the person on the floor, preventing him rejoining the fight and now only face 1 attacker. 

If you chose A you got beaten to a pulp and if you chose B, only the bit where you kicked a downed man is shown from mobile phone footage. 

Has this any relevance to the incident, I've no idea! But neither do you, what I do know, is things aren't always as they seem. 

But that's not what happened, he will have to try and justify his actions talking the circumstances into account.

Just now, ordnance said:

But that's not what happened, he will have to try and justify his actions talking the circumstances into account.

My point is, none of us know what happened and because we don't have the facts, we can't judge if the actions of that officer were justified or not. 

1 minute ago, Mice! said:

I was just asking because it wouldn't make the news over here if something happened in NI, if people new that having a go at Armed police meant they were likely to get shot it's not going to happen, drawing their weapon is the last resort over here.

Agree police having their guns taking off them here while making an arrest just doesn't happen, some are trying to use that as a reason for the officers actions in this case.

My point is, none of us know what happened and because we don't have the facts, we can't judge if the actions of that officer were justified or not. 

You alluded to exactly this 20 hours ago, and others have also during the time in-between, including myself.

There appears to be two sides of the camp here.

Both I'm sure, agree with your quoted reply ? 🤷‍♂️