Manchester airport police kick

Dave-G

Revenge should play no part in policing

I have no idea what happened before the clip, and will, like others reserve judgement on the kick.

That being said, watch the second assault, by the same officer. The second man is sitting on a chair with hands on his head, he is fully complying with the officer, but still gets a kick and pistol whipped with a taser.

It's hard to defend the first actions, when you look at the second ones............

Edited by Newbie to this

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You can’t kick and stamp on someone on the ground like that. 

Feel sorry for the copper - colleague gets nose broken by scumbag, easy to see and flash red etc. and that’s 20 years on the job and pension up in smoke right there - but it’s still a no no. 

A brighter copper aware of all the recording devices in airports should have waited for the trip back to the station perhaps? 😀

Nice to see the race brigade out at the drop of a hat and flexing. Pretty sure colour wasn’t an issue - scum bags come in all colours shapes and sizes. 

Edited by Mungler

14 minutes ago, oowee said:

From the video no. Apparently it may not be the whole picture. 

It's obviously not the "whole picture". The thread and discussion is about the "kick", what leads up to that, and in and around the video clips, will come out in due course. What I'm seeing is violence and incorrect police procedure towards people 'complying' with their orders, causing no threat at the time of the 'violence'. For example,,,, pepper spraying that guy who was not a threat at that particular moment 🤷‍♂️ Pushing that elderly woman away when she could have been ushered away carefully 🤦‍♂️

The video obviously shows the other 'incidents of violence'.

6 minutes ago, JKD said:

It's obviously not the "whole picture". The thread and discussion is about the "kick", what leads up to that, and in and around the video clips, will come out in due course. What I'm seeing is violence and incorrect police procedure towards people 'complying' with their orders, causing no threat at the time of the 'violence'. For example,,,, pepper spraying that guy who was not a threat at that particular moment 🤷‍♂️ Pushing that elderly woman away when she could have been ushered away carefully 🤦‍♂️

The video obviously shows the other 'incidents of violence'.

I am seeing the same but its apparently not the whole picture. Without the whole picture we are unable to reach a conclusion only speculation. 

1 minute ago, oowee said:

I am seeing the same but its apparently not the whole picture. Without the whole picture we are unable to reach a conclusion only speculation. 

Undertones of my reply is,,,, how can some on here condone this behaviour, even without the "full story" ? 😉

13 minutes ago, oowee said:

Exactly this. It certainly isn't a good look, but there are many scenarios leading up to that kick that potentially could justify it. The fact we can't see what happens before makes it pointless to speculate as we don't have the full facts. 

8 hours ago, Weihrauch17 said:

The Police were assaulted and won,  good on them.  In America they would be dead.

We are not in America  thank God if the police get away with this kind of retaliation we will end up like America shoot first ask questions  later I agree with using any method to take down  someone who is threatening your life but that lad was on the ground defenseless the copper lost his temper and as a firearms  officer how much more would it have taken before  he pulls the triger

6 minutes ago, Rim Fire said:

We are not in America  thank God if the police get away with this kind of retaliation we will end up like America shoot first ask questions  later I agree with using any method to take down  someone who is threatening your life but that lad was on the ground defenseless the copper lost his temper and as a firearms  officer how much more would it have taken before  he pulls the triger

No pun intended but bang on the money.

12 minutes ago, Rim Fire said:

Agree entirely. The defenseless lad on the ground appeared totally incapacitated, and his mother [?] was by his side, who then tried to pull him away after the kick and stamp 🙄 It looked like the police were chaotic while everything else appeared subdued ?

41 minutes ago, johnphilip said:

Strange now , how all of a sudden,  they have become the victims , as portrayed in this video made by there legal rep.

Now we have mob rule . 

Where was the mob rule  when one of our serving military personnel  was deliberately  attacked  and is now fighting for his life .

Just seen another video of him on LBC, stating it was an assassination attempt by the police.

I accept I was feeling some payback was forgivable and that I now feel it was an over reaction. 

That said its quite well known that plod will go the extra mile when one of their own are attacked.

Perhaps the kicker cop was a boyfriend of the punched female officer would be more speculation on my part.

I can understand why the police officer went "full tonto", one of his team had their nose broken and the adrenaline was coursing.
But the officer should have controlled himself, there was no more threat from that person and force wasn't nessesary to detain.

It is sickning watching the solicitor for these low life play the case out on social media whipping up hysteria because they sense a payday

I did wonder how this particular solicitor came to represent the two lads. Is he a family friend? Was he already the family solicitor? 

The garbage that comes out of his mouth brings discredit on the legal profession. Whatever the rights and wrongs of what went on, to describe the incident as an assassination attempt is pathetic.

It was bad but what made it worse was the guy behind sat on the bench the same officer went over to him the guy had his hands behind his head and kneeled on the floor was then kicked and punched to the floor so two people who were complying got roughed up if they started it they kinda got what was coming to them but it was excessive force whichever way you look at it 

13 hours ago, 100milesaway said:

I believe that the first officers on the scene were all firearm officers a lady firearm officer had her nose broken by one of the lads and one of the others had an attempt made to relieve him of his firearm, the regular airport police then arrived but I  have to say at no time did the officers attempt to use firearms only tassers. I have studded  the footage and it does appear that there was something on the floor at the side of the lad and the officer attempted to kick that aside and missed and then stamped on it. Was it a mobile phone. All is not as it seems.from Auntie.

No he went for his head, why would he want to kick a mobile phone away its not an immediate threat to an armed copper and why would he kick it in the direction of the guy 

17 minutes ago, yickdaz said:

It was bad but what made it worse was the guy behind sat on the bench the same officer went over to him the guy had his hands behind his head and kneeled on the floor was then kicked and punched to the floor so two people who were complying got roughed up if they started it they kinda got what was coming to them but it was excessive force whichever way you look at it 

No he went for his head, why would he want to kick a mobile phone away its not an immediate threat to an armed copper and why would he kick it in the direction of the guy 

How anyone can say they see this differently is beyond me !? What happened in and around these violent episodes doesn't warrant the chaos that ensued.

I don't believe that this solicitor is representative of the profession. Most are top people and I have dealt with many. I have never come across anyone as bad as this lad. They range from very sharp to dullards who should stick to conveyancing, but never go out of their way to court controversy.

43 minutes ago, yickdaz said:

You forgot the bit where he pistol/taser whipped the second man on the back of the head. It was definitely not reasonable force.

I wonder what would happen to any of us that used this kind of 'reasonable force' in self-defence or in defence of others 🤔 

While I understand his use of force, as an officer of the law  (an armed one at that), it is just unacceptable.

To those trying to say they (the police, so there is no confusion) feared their firearm may have been taken. Well maybe he should have drawn his firearm after the alleged attempt to steal his or his colleagues firearm. I would say that would have been reasonable.

Only a fool would then resist or try again to disarm an officer, when the threat of lethal force was present.

Edited by Newbie to this