Be nice to each other

Guest Mr Pieman

Guest Mr Pieman

Dear all,

This year has been particularly bad for me. As most of you know I lost my father earlier this year and found it particularly hard to come to terms with :/ . Mr Pieman Snr was a great influence on my life as both an adult and a child.

My sister has also been ill for some months, again with cancer which, at the age of just 33 must have been very difficult for her to deal with. She also has a young 12yr old daughter. Sis has been a right grumpy cow for the last few months and has caused no end of rifts and tears in an already tatty family. She and I have fallen out on a number of occasions and haven't spoken for a number of days.

I often wonder why siblings fight, probably a growing up thing. I have always loved my sister and been very close to her, so our recent upset and arguing has been rather unpleasant.

On Sunday afternoon, with no real warning, she died.

I feel retched that we didn't make peace with each other and it will play on my mind for many days I have no doubt. Don't end up feeling like I do today. For those in relationships, always part or fall asleep with a kiss or a tender touch. No matter how naughty they are, always kiss your children goodnight and tell them that you love them. Hug friends before you part. Don't leave things unsaid - if they are important, say them.

Do these things for me, and then I know you won't feel as bad as I do if the worse happens........

These are testing times in my life. I hope to be a better, stronger person after the dust has settled but can't help but feel I have had more than my share of difficulties in 2004.

Best wishes to all

PP

Oh my god you must obviously be devestated. :/ But don't beat yourself up about it because it will only make you feel worse.

I hope you don't mind me saying but your sister (god rest her soul) wherever she is will have forgiven you, as I'm sure you have.

My thoughts are with you and your family in this very testing time and remember think of the good times.

My deepest sympathy Oliver

My thoughts are with you Mr.P. You must be devistaed now. Reading this made me feel really sad because i remembered about your dad. I hope things get much better.

Something bad always happens around this time of year. My friend (aged 16) died friday last week of meingites (sp)

a few years ago my 1st grandaughter was very ill in hospital! my wife and I where visiting her when she started bleeding from her stoma I was very worried and called the nurses they reassured us it was ok? my wife said pick her up and give her a kiss?i said no leave her she does not need messing about? she will be ok I looked at her face and said goodbye to her, my wife bent down and kissed her/

two hours later we recieved a phone call that no one should recieve? yes she had died? to this day I will never forgive myself for not picking her up and kissing her? I am in tears typing this it gets no better?

your words are ooh so true you have my deepest sympathies.

Keith

My deepest sympathy to you and your family pieman, x

It is always a difficult time of year in our family too, It would be my late Brother's Birthday today.

Every year in my mother's house the decorations don't go up until after 14th and we have been to the crem'.

No one should have to console their mother while at the crematorium grieving for their Brother, Father and Grand parents.

As you say pieman, I make it a policy not to leave arguments until they are sorted, (takes bloody hours sometimes) but if anything should happen to me or a member of family I know that we would have parted on the best terms possible.

I know you were serving Fire fighter, as I am now and how hard it is sometimes if you have been in a sticky situation, thinking that you might not have made it home to loved ones.

Once again my condolences Mr P, take care, x

sorry to hear of your sisters passing Mr P. my depest sympathy to you and your family.

im familiar with the falling out problem having family back in the U/K 2 sons a brother and sister mum and dad , i dont see them enough and the phone dont cut it all the time ,some time's tempers flair ,and strong words cut like a knife.

i know we all learn from our mistakes ,but i sometimes wonder why we need to make so many ,a learning curve i guess.

Mr P ,im sure good time's are ahead ,and a stronger person you will be ,so season's greetings and a prosperous new year to you and your family from the last engineer

Martin

Echoeing the earlier sentiments of Pieman There is a particularly poignant recording by Mike and the Mechanics called "Living Years" The lyrics of which are particularly appropriate.

I remember about 10 years ago they played the song on Breakfast TV in the presence of Rolf Harris who had become accrimoniously detached from his own father who subsequently died with out Rolf having the chance to make the peace and tell him how much he really loved him.

It was all too much for poor Rolf.. on listening to the song he broke down and cried unconsolably, There was nothing the presenters at the time could do.

Rolf said "it was the one regret he had in his life.." :/

PP,

I’m very sorry to hear about your great loss, your story brought tears to my eyes, as I’m sure it did yours. We all get caught up in little arguments within families and its not until a tragedy happens that we realise how silly these fallouts can be.

Your family will be there to greet her, and she will be with you when you ask of her in your time of need now, and in the future.

I hope 2005 graces you with more smiles mate because you need it, god rest their soles.

Thoughts and condolences go to you and your family.

Justin