Making it big again

Toombsy

There's been a load of old bands reforming this last couple of years - Police, Spandau Ballet, Yazoo, Kajabloodygoogoo, The Specials, Madness, Scritti Politti and now even Cliff and the Shadows are back on tour :yes: .

Amazingly, the one 'band' whose really successfully cracked the reformation has to be Take That.

Begs the question who do you think ought to tread the boards again, but more importantly, who do you think could pull it off?

Specials have been together most of this year and have had a sell out tour. Have madness ever disbanded? Or have they just been dormant ? They poduced an album earlier this year and are touring this year

Jonno

Level 42 :yes: (who I think are still going somewhere...)

Lead singer....mark king lives on the sark (channel islands)...he's use's a horse and cart as no vehicles aloud on the island.... :yes:

(although wikipedia says he lives on the isle of wight,i saw a holiday program he was on over there.....perhaps 2nd home)

Edited by smig4373

• 1 month later...
not so much bands doing it, but some solo artists as well.

Ok, if you fancy a punt, have £10 on these three to be number 1's

1: Cheryl Cole

2: Kavanah (ask your parents, some early 90's gimp)

3: Noel Gallagher

All number ones within the next 12 months. :rolleyes::good:

cheryl cole No1 today. Theres the first one. :good:

Oasis

and I'll be happy to book the tour for them starting with :blush: Bagdad, :blush: Beirut, :hmm: Kabul :hmm: followed by a cruise around Somalia ^_^

I would be more than happy if Pink Floyd did but then the ticket prices would be as big as the venues

Rumour has it that Quo do pub gigs on a whim dammit now that would be great I'd have to get

my jeans and leather waistcoat out of mothballs

i saw paul weller live this year and to be honest he does not need the rest of the jam ,he did some jam songs and he was really was awesome,stevie craddock from ocean colour scene is playing in his band ,go and see them weller is the jam :blush:

I couldn't stand the Jam, I thought they were an over-rated past time. Silly boys goon music :blush:

However, Paul Weller has done some excellent solo stuff, Stanley Road etc etc. :hmm:

Edited by Chard

Emerson, Lake & Palmer as if they did it would start up the economy no end !

3 Tour buses, juggernauts by the dozen and enough electricity needed to light up a dark continent.

Downside is that most of the concerts would need lots of air fresheners as the elderly have that odd smell :lol::good: