keith floyd dead

ryantidgwell

Just found out. Absolutlely gutted.

I've followed KF round the world via his programs and was watching him only the other day in Madagascar.Read his autobiography and he was a hoot and a chancer.

Funnily, when the docs were doing the fill MOT when he discovered a lump, they found his liver to be in perfect order-suppose its preserved through pickling.

We've lost a genuine British icon-never to be matched.

Have a drink on me Keith.

regards

Fudd

I too watched the Keith Allen programme on Floyd. I have to say Keith Allen's "sweary geezer thug" act is wearing thin - no make that "worn out".

Floyd looked awful; "ravaged" even. That much food, booze, cigs and ex-wives is obviously not good for you.

As much as I liked Floyd on telly you just know he would have been impossible to live with or work with.

It was a shame to see that despite watching endless re-runs of Floyd on Sky (and therefore Floyd on Food remaining a current and fresh memory in the Mungler household), he had in fact dropped off the face of the planet about 3 years ago.

I suppose if Jeremy Clarkson got kidnapped tomorrow no one would notice for at least 3 years until Dave ran out of Top Gear re-runs.

I have always enjoyed his cooking programmes and still do. He was a true pioneer of TV Gastronomy.

Watching Keith on Keith yesterday surprised me as to how old and frail the man had become. For me at least, I didn't like the picture that was painted of the man. As much as he carved himself a life of wine women and song, he obviously had far too much heart ache in his life, to become so bitter.

RIP Keith Floyd.

Great man

Ever since Floyd on france my family have indulged in 'Floydian cookery'. No family meal, when all three generations are there, is conducted without the consumtion of vast amounts of wine in the cooking prosess.I think that's fitting personnal tribute to a great man, never to cook sunday lunch sobber again.