Ebay bargains / downfalls

garyb

This thread could be interesting.... :good:

Munglers reply should be... well... "interesting" :yes::good:

For me... I've had some right results on the famouse fleebay, the top 3 are..

1 - Brand new Swarovski 8x56 Scope - £450, normal RRP is closer to £850

56e531a815cfb1da83da6b153e3249a3.JPG

2 - Frontera 4x4, Taxed, tested been in the family years - £300 (still got it, comes foxing 3 nights a week & sailed through it's recent mot)

<NoPhoto>

3 - Large restaurant style fridge / chiller... Will easily take a couple of Muntjac and all the game / pigeon's you can feed it! - £60 + beer Money to stealth stalker couriers :(

e8ee612178ba2a8665bd6fdd170439db.JPG

As for the worst items.....

Can't really say i've seen any... everything i've bought has been as expected :(

You ?

Nice scope :good:

Best purchase lately has been a tilley lamp £25, bargin

Haven't really had anything bad but ended up with two fishing reels when I really only need one, but left two bids to make sure I got at least one of them. Still I ended up not fixing one to the rod properly and cast it into the sea :yes: So the spare is now on the rod. :good:

Had some good stuff of fleabay, so cant really critisize them really.

1 Brand new TIMBERLAND shooting jacket 75 quid.

2 brand new LEATHER GUNSLIP top quality leather 67 quid.

3Brand new AIGLE WELLINGTONS top job 58 quid.

Had a lot of other good stuff as well, over all well pleased.

WORST ONE pair waterproof camo pants 23 quid, ripped to bits first time out.

A Top Quality 'TASCO' scope from Hong Kong at the very expensive price of £21 (£8 + postage) Totally useless, nothing worked on it. Part exchanged a .22 rifle and 'gave the scope away with it for nothing' (but was given an extra £30 off the new rifle) :yes:

99.9% of everything else has been good.

Edited by steve_b_wales

Best :-12 duck eggs producing 9 ducks which went on to be Christmas dinner for two families ( £15 if I remember right )

Worst:- one large incubator sold sight unseen never worked went to the tip with in one week of arriving. What was worse was that the seller then complained that I had bad mouthed her product in the feed back. ( COW ):yes:

A set of MAC Knuckle Saver Rouse Racing Special Edition combination spanners 10-19mm - as new £60. Never used them as I didn't want to mark them and I already have more expensive spanners than you can point a stick at. Sold them to a mate of my son's.

Never had a bad buy so far.

Best:

Belle mini mix Honda engine, genuine sale with receipt the guy had only literally done his patio with it....... £100, £450 ish new

Ifor Williams P6E trailer again genuine sale owner since new, £450 six years later of daily use, sold on ebay for £500.

Worst a guy of Asian descent who wanted to charge me an extra £40 on top of the ebay sale price when I came to collect a sofa...... told him were to stick it but cost me £20 in petrol and traveling there

I bought a meopta 8x56 scope off someone that found it in the loft for £25, mint condition-then stupidely gave it away not realising what is was worth. :yes: I got ripped off for some car parts I bought from china but cant remeber what it was and who the seller was.

Best - A 1950's steel para helmet for £6.99. Bad photo, blurred but took a gamble on recognising the tiny piesce of chin strap which was visible. Later sold for £75.

Worst - IPod from seller in Herts but in reality it came from China. Cost £80. Arrived but the IPod had no internals. Complete empty plastic shell. Dispute which ended in us £80 out of pocket and the scammer doing a runner.

I once picked up a double swing arm mount and wall plate for large plasma/lcd tvs. It was a 'collection only' and the person was in St Albans. They must've felt robbed when i went round and paid them £12 for the lot.

I looked it up on the net and the two pieces were for sale on the maker's website for over £500 :yes:

Worst... Well I nearly got conned out of £400 for a lighting desk (DJing) from a guy who wanted me to pay by western union.... The only thing that stopped me was the fact that the western union telephone call had a prerecorded message that warned people about scammers on Ebay....!

Best buy - WW2 pocket watch made by Junghans, bought in Bulgaria for £30 - brought back home, researched and sold for £380 :good:

Worst buy, was a LCD TV, was watching 2 of the same make, didnt think I would win the first I had bid on as all the others had gone for much more, put a bid in on another, ended up with 2 LCD TVs. Both been great but wasnt planning on buying the 2

I have a nice little handmade carbon steel Laguiole pocketknife, and thought I'd treat myself to a larger lock-knife, with olive-wood scales, in a belt case.

Turning to ebay was a mistake.

Although the ad said it was made in France, the knife is a loose-jointed piece of soft monkey metal which will never take an edge.

It may have passed through a French market trader at some point, but I think I have been closer to the village of Laguiole than this worthless item.

I paid over £20 for it - the one before sold for over £30 so I was not as ripped off as the last guy.