The Monkey Loader

Constantinos

Might as well go get a bandolier, the more I watch the guy using the loop "live", the more I think it's a nuisance! i sense that i'd probably worry more about the cartridges than the birds....

bandolier.jpg

I've got a better idea......... you could tie the bandolier around your waist, a bit like a belt............. oh !

looks like some of the stuff you find in Betterware catalogues that you never knew you needed. You know the sort of thing gas torches for corns, battery driven pluckers for nasal hair, plastic template guides for cutting even slices of bread and much more!

I reckon most folk would be able to get 2 cartridges out of their pocket faster and more assuredly than they would messing with this!

Anyone got one and can say different?

• 4 years later...

I am a conventional right handed shot and load from the left coat pocket using the left hand and found it quicker than a fellow shot using...as directed in their video...a Monkey Loader as of course my hand has less distance to travel to and from the pocket to the breech of the gun.

He copied what I was doing and also found it quicker. And was quite upset he'd spent £79.00 on a an extra piece of extra kit that was slower than using no extra kit! Simple and if you shake that left pocket first...as per Robert Churchill's advice...the cartridges present "heads up".

I was bought one by a well meaning relative and found it incredible cartridge length sensitive. Most 70mm cartridges seem to sit in the dispenser part almost exactly flush with where the material meets the metal, this prevented reliable feeding into the mechanism of the next cartridge as they would sit on the rim, rather than drop in. If I used short or long cartridges though it worked reasonably well. Still a bit gimmicky though and it now just gathers dust at the bottom of my bag.